Options

|.:.| The Union J Appreciation Thread |.:.| (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    They've moved up to 9 now :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be slightly worried for them if this doesn't get top 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Up to 7 now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to be slightly worried for them if this doesn't get top 5.

I'm amazed its top 10 to be honest seeing as it isn't the most catchy of songs and promo hasn't been great.

I think it going top 5 is going to be a stretch especially as Carry You got to 6 and was much more heavily promoted
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt be so worried I think they are like the male equivalent to The Saturdays single wise. I think they are going to be more of album sellers then then single!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Beautiful Life has now jumped up to 5!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised that they've got to there. Considering Carry You got to 3 at its highest on itunes, 5 for Beautiful Life is something I wasn't expecting at all with the lack of promotion etc. I just hope they can stay there for the week now unlike Carry You lol.

But they can hold their heads up high when they go on Capital later. Would have been awkward if they were on and it was number 13 or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also guys dont give up hope just yet, the boys do have online physicals which could give them a little edge!

also JJ in glasses = SWOON!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BL Now up to 4!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BL is doing extremely well atm! :) But im not getting my hopes up, I have a feeling it may start falling by tuesday :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll probably fall like Carry You but I do think they are doing very well. Only just scraping into the top 40 airplay and a Daybreak performance for recent promo (unsure if the lottery one would have really made much impact being so long ago), and they're in the top 4 on itunes sounds like an achievement to me whatever happens the rest of the week.

And it's definitely been a pleasant surprise. I was expecting it to be hovering around the 11 - 14 mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are obviously putting all there efforts in to the album and not the single and i can see why but if the single goes top 10 again then we could be looking at a top 5/3 album...right?
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say this is doing much better than I thought it would. There must be more JCats than I thought!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the full story of what was supposed to have happened outside Capital today? Sounds very dramatic from what I've heard of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the full story of what was supposed to have happened outside Capital today? Sounds very dramatic from what I've heard of it.

What happened?! You make it sound like they were attacked or something and now I'm worried :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some fans got hurt and the boys got mobbed. I read one story of a fan hanging off the bonnet of the boys car!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUDE that is like one 1D famdom s**t!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How random. I hope the fans who weren't being ridiculous/them are all alright.

And I wish Union J were on tonight. Love Katy Perry but as for that walking piece of sleaze that is Robin Thicke, I'd rather not sit through that if it is as bad as I am expecting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I think its absolutely rubbish the boys haven't been invited to perform. All other previous xfactor artists with reasonable chart success have all been invited back. I don't see any reason as to why they haven't. .and now katy perry has gone to no.4..if the boys were allowed to perform that would have helped them so much.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it amazing this year the guests are good but shocking at the same time. They havent even gotten James on yet to perform which i was gobsmaked by let alone Union J, Jahmene and Ella. You would think they would back their talent they unearth. As well with it being the 10th anniversary you would expect people like Amelia Lily, Misha B, Cher Lloyd, JLS, Uniion J etc. all on to show what the show has done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, I'd be very happy with a top 10 for them with this. It's only really the big successes that seem to be able to get more than one, and those big successes aren't really left to rely on the sort of promotion and airplay that Union J are for this. So just really hoping they can achieve that.

Is it Loose Women this Friday, or is next for the album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Josh's choice of new twitter icon. The old one always looked like he was annoyed with someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boys are taking over the AmazonMusicUK Twitter channel for a live Q&A on Wednesday, October 23 at 5.30pm.

I wish they had got on the X Factor too, it doesn't even look as though they will be on the Xtra Factor. I don't understand why the show would have The Wanted on but not one of their own acts (well I do, money!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised, this is The X Factor, they will ALWAYS choose the bigger names, no matter who they are. James might sing at some point because I think that's part of the winning contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they invite 1D or Olly Murs over UJ either, or even JLS for a "goodbye" performance.