Corrie: Which characters do you despise?

Comments

• s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I voted for Fiz, Michelle, Tina and Maddie but forgot to vote for Sean!
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,733
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Trust me on this one. She came very close to ruining the entire Hayley/Roy sl, (thwarted only by the exceptional efforts of Julie H and David N), for which she will never be forgiven by most of us. >:(
    I was zoning in and out of CS around about that time, and after Hayley died, I stopped watching for a month, so never saw all the Fiz hating scenes.
    Thought I could only vote one, new to this.
    Whenever you create a poll you have the option of making it multi-choice. It's cool that DS has that feature, as sometimes it's necessary to vote for more than one "category".
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`m glad to see Roy has no votes
    :)
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roughly in order:

F*z
    Michelle
    Rita
    Predator Sophie
    Cotton.
    Wheels
    Lloyds daughter / older sister (not sure which :confused:)
    Ken
    Curly.
    Horrible Eileen
    F*z
    Leanne
    No idea what his name is, he's a middle aged bloke that keeps banging on to Jason about building sites, and in his free time flirts with Rob. Also bangs Liz.
    Liz.
    Faye
    Mary
    The Audster.

EDIT: Jesus I almost forgot Madduhr.

I think that's almost it, probably forgotten a couple. It would have been quicker to do favourite characters (Todd, Mental Maria, Pheelster, Owen, Sgt Windass, Fit Katy, Roy, Craig.)
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot a couple :( I'm not surprised to see Sean Tully is so despised. I'm in the minority but I like Maddie. I think we will see her blossom into an attractive young woman once she settles down in a steady home.
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    You spoke too soon. Roy now has one vote.

Not a single character that is universally liked by all that has voted.
  • Polly11Polly11 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Maddeh
    Sawfeh
    Tina
    FIZZ
    Rita
    Dennis
    IZZY
    Katy
    Michelle
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I had to stop myself ticking a load of people because I was straying from 'despise' to 'general dislike' :blush:

I want Fiz, Michelle, Tracy, Tina, Faymien, Maddeh and Sophie to die extremely violent deaths :mad:

Won't argue with that, provided Michelle suffers most!!
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot Faye, how could I!
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was to be an only 1 choice it would be "clean my teeth with a bag of cement" Fiz she doesn't have one redeeming feature she's a whining self centered madam >:(anyone noticed she's suddenly lost interest in Roy ? lets hope Kirsty comes back to batter her for calling the police we can only live in hope
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    If there was to be an only 1 choice it would be "clean my teeth with a bag of cement" Fiz she doesn't have one redeeming feature she's a whining self centered madam >:(anyone noticed she's suddenly lost interest in Roy ? lets hope Kirsty comes back to batter her for calling the police we can only live in hope

Lol. They locked up the wrong girl IMO. She completely ruined that sl and Hayley's death for me.

Dreadful actress and an inconsistent, insincere, story line ruiner of a character. Git gone!

Does the producer think she is liked? Has the producer got eyes that can see? Has she family in high places? Why is she still there? Why?!
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizz
    Todd
    Eileen
    Tina
    Sophie
    Maddie
    Gary
    Izzy
    Anna

My favourites are:

Steve
    Carla
    Roy
    Mary
    David
    Kylie
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Who voted for Roy? :o :mad:

Voted for nearly half of the characters, but special mentions go to Sean, Michelle, Anna, Maddeh and Sawphie.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Who voted for Roy? :o :mad:

I know! :confused: Maybe they didn't want him to feel left out? ;-)
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why vote for Ken? He's the best ever
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few I don't like but I've restricted myself to the ones who have me reaching for the Off switch - Sean, Mary, Sophie, Todd and Michelle.

I used to like Michelle and didn't understand the hate but the way the character has been developed in her relationship with Steve makes her one of the most unsympathetic and unpleasant women I've ever seen in a soap. I wonder what goes through Kym's head when she is given those horrendous scripts. It's painful to watch.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,178
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    So far the top 5 despised characters are:

1. Fiz
    2. Maddie
    3. Sean
    4. Sophie
    5. Michelle

Kinda surprised Fiz is ahead of Maddie and Sean. I know she's always been annoying, but she must really have been ruined by SB since I last watched.

Fiz has always had annoying aspects but she became utterly unbearable during Hayley's Cancer and death aftermath storyline.

Other than that I voted Michelle, Maria, Sean, Gary and Tina. Others are annoying or unlikeable from time to time but those 5 have just gone beyond the point of no return for me. Funny that they are nearly all 'fiesty' womenm isn't it and I am a feminist so there is no inherent sexism involved.
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »

Who could possibly despise Roy?
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Fiz has always had annoying aspects but she became utterly unbearable during Hayley's Cancer and death aftermath storyline.

Other than that I voted Michelle, Maria, Sean, Gary and Tina. Others are annoying or unlikeable from time to time but those 5 have just gone beyond the point of no return for me. Funny that they are nearly all 'fiesty' womenm isn't it and I am a feminist so there is no inherent sexism involved.

It infuriates me that we are supposed to see these harpies as feisty women. I have to admit to quite enjoying Maria's meltdown and she doesn't bother me but I can't BEAR Michelle and Tina (forgot to vote for her in my loathe list as i think I generally try to block her out!).

Even Carla, who I have always loved, is turning into a screeching haridan these days.
    Forum Member
    It infuriates me that we are supposed to see these harpies as feisty women. I have to admit to quite enjoying Maria's meltdown and she doesn't bother me but I can't BEAR Michelle and Tina (forgot to vote for her in my loathe list as i think I generally try to block her out!).

Even Carla, who I have always loved, is turning into a screeching haridan these days.

It really annoys me that 'strong' seems to equal rude, bloshy, aggresive and over bearing in most Soaps, especially Corrie and often anybody that voices their dislike of them is labeled as just being sexist or 'jealous' of pretty women.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LYNN(E) wrote: »

Well if she did take an interest in him again we would all be moaning and telling her to stop stalking and bothering him, like we did back in the aftermath of Hayley's death. We all can't have it both ways.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I looked back at the list the more I added...........:cool:
    Forum Member
    With all the Fiz hate, it's a wonder no-one has started a FFS thread for her. :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please let the top 5 get the boot and all at the same time. A sinkhole suddenly appears up in the street.........
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz, Sean, Maddie, Sophie and Faye for me.

Would happily see them axed ASAP :)