Options

Ex Corrie Producer Jane Macnaught has died

Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
RT @DaranLittle: Sad to hear of sudden death of ex Coronation St produce Jane Macnaught. She gave me my break as a writer.

Comments

• Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    And Shobna Gulati tweeted @DaranLittle awww thats sad news daran she brought sunita to the corrie screen ...
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P Jane Macnaught
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Very sad RIP.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope her end was peaceful. God Bless her.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww that's sad, she was a strong Corrie producer, her era was good IMO! What age was she?
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news. Her reign was quite controversial but some of her characters- Dev, Jason, Eileen, Todd, Maria and Fiz- still remain on the show to this day. She also oversaw some very gripping storylines including Sarah's underage pregnancy, Alma's cancer and the Mike/ Linda/ Mark triangle. RIP Jane Macnaught.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Jane.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip. :(
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always sad to hear news like this - RIP Jane - thanks for the great CS stories and production from your era - underestimated but doubtless followed by many CS viewers.

A great loss to broadcasting - thoughts are with your family and friends right now.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing. I bet NONE of you knew her.

Whilst the death of anyone isn't great.... she was unpopular with many of the cast, rubbed a LOT of people up the wrong way, caused three senior Corrie writers to walk out, and had to be "moved sideways" in order to save the show.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    hardylane wrote: »
    Amazing. I bet NONE of you knew her.

Whilst the death of anyone isn't great.... she was unpopular with many of the cast, rubbed a LOT of people up the wrong way, caused three senior Corrie writers to walk out, and had to be "moved sideways" in order to save the show.
    So that means she shouldn't be given respect now she's dead? How ignorant are you?!

RIP by the way :(
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    So that means she shouldn't be given respect now she's dead? How ignorant are you?!

RIP by the way :(

Ahem... ....