Options

How has Edele stayed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    She is a contradiction.

On the one hand, she wants to stay in, and accepts (out loud, which I thought would have been a tactical disaster :D) that the reason is for more exposure so she has greater earning potential when she gets out........

So she understands the game...

....but then does nothing "entertaining" to warrant the extra exposure. In fact she accepts that she is withdrawn!

My personal view is that I liked her at first, but the relentless misery she displays, accompanied by the narrative of "I'm going through a really tough time which I don't want to talk about in here" is deeply tedious. I wish she would go.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's obviously relevant as people voted for her to stay:D

Relevant to the storylines inside the house.
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously who would of wasted there money voting for her, I forget she's in the house half of the time. Even if it was a single eviction I betted money on her to go at 11/2. But her surviving a double I'm thinking it's something I don't know about Edele that makes her so interesting. Explain please!!!!

Tom-Bennett I think Edele has been kept in the big brother house for entertainment.
  • Options
    DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bewitched fanbase must be bigger than we thought ..... lol :D
  • Options
    dayzeeedayzeee Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    I like Edele, I feel she is a genuine, lovely caring person. Living along side the bigger characters of the house, the quieter ones will always look "boring", although I don;t think for one minute she is.

Could not agree more.
  • Options
    Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting for her to start on James. Seeing him give as good as he's getting, resulting in the evil witch running off in floods of tears because she's been vile, aggressive and lost an argument, will be TV gold.
  • Options
    dinbindinbin Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously who would of wasted there money voting for her, I forget she's in the house half of the time. Even if it was a single eviction I betted money on her to go at 11/2. But her surviving a double I'm thinking it's something I don't know about Edele that makes her so interesting. Explain please!!!!

I bet she will end up winning it prolly for doing nothing.

Great!
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems nice.

There's no point having a house full of horrific people. Even if they're all really 'entertaining' (which is very subjective) it's always good to have some calmer folk in too.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    She seems nice.

There's no point having a house full of horrific people. Even if they're all really 'entertaining' (which is very subjective) it's always good to have some calmer folk in too.

Couldn't agree more Elena:)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who watched her on Big Reunion will be confused as to who the real Edele is as she is nothing like the same character on CBB as she was on BR.

Watching CBB she comes across as a nice but a bit dull, normal mum. However, on BR, she was a driven, ambitious, hard faced control freak who came across as someone who would bulldoze over anyone who stood in her way and would sell her own granny for another crack at the big time.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Anyone who watched her on Big Reunion will be confused as to who the real Edele is as she is nothing like the same character on CBB as she was on BR.

Watching CBB she comes across as a nice but a bit dull, normal mum. However, on BR, she was a driven, ambitious, hard faced control freak who came across as someone who would bulldoze over anyone who stood in her way and would sell her own granny for another crack at the big time.

I'd be far more inclined to believe the CBB version. We all know that those "reality" shows are edited and manipulated and scripted to pieces by the producers and makers.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I'd be far more inclined to believe the CBB version. We all know that those "reality" shows are edited and manipulated and scripted to pieces by the producers and makers.

I saw her in the Irish version of the Celeb Apprentice and whilst she wasn't all charm or like some of the other conestants, full of insincerity, her work ethic and ability to get things done, without ruffling too many feathers was very telling about the woman.

At the end, when she won, she was very emotional, as her brief was to design a class room for physically & mentally challenged children, it was tear jerking. :cry:The staff and her team all applauded and praised her. It was lovely to see and she was a worthy winner.

She seems a nice woman to me, she won't win, but I'm glad for her that she didn't go last night.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She is a contradiction.

On the one hand, she wants to stay in, and accepts (out loud, which I thought would have been a tactical disaster :D) that the reason is for more exposure so she has greater earning potential when she gets out........

So she understands the game...

....but then does nothing "entertaining" to warrant the extra exposure. In fact she accepts that she is withdrawn!

My personal view is that I liked her at first, but the relentless misery she displays, accompanied by the narrative of "I'm going through a really tough time which I don't want to talk about in here" is deeply tedious. I wish she would go.

I've come round to this conclusion too. I was sure she would go last night and was bemused she didn't. The one positive she has is being 'nice' but her whining to those that nominated her and her complaining that she got the same amount of nominations as Gary was tedious and irritating. It's like she only came to life when she was nominated and then just to moan.

She didn't get the same amount of nominations as Gary and I really wish someone would correct her on this but the self entitled attitude her irritation at the thought of this gave off put me right off her I'm afraid.
    Eurostar wrote: »

:o:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I saw her in the Irish version of the Celeb Apprentice and whilst she wasn't all charm or like some of the other conestants, full of insincerity, her work ethic and ability to get things done, without ruffling too many feathers was very telling about the woman.

At the end, when she won, she was very emotional, as her brief was to design a class room for physically & mentally challenged children, it was tear jerking. :cry:The staff and her team all applauded and praised her. It was lovely to see and she was a worthy winner.

She seems a nice woman to me, she won't win, but I'm glad for her that she didn't go last night.

I'm glad she stayed too. She comes across as upfront and tactful — unafraid to put her point across but not rude or obnoxious; caring but not cosseting. Although her response to being nominated might stem from a sense of entitlement she seems mindful about the artificiality of the CBB environment. (I wonder if she was more upset at the thought that some HMs were not being genuine in their interactions with her. ) The next round of nominations will be interesting now that she's made it clear the she-needs-to-be-with-her-kids reason was not appreciated.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't buy people spending money on "nice". I mean I liked Claire king though she was so down to earth but I wouldn't waste voting for her because she weren't entertaining enough for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    She's boring.
    Conehead wrote: »
    Edele is a nice person with a nice arse. I would invite her to crew on my yacht.

What arse?
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't buy people spending money on "nice". I mean I liked Claire king though she was so down to earth but I wouldn't waste voting for her because she weren't entertaining enough for me

Maybe because she seems normal and calm? She may be quite relatable to a lot of viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    I voted for her :D

The bigger question in my opinion, is who the heck voted to save the arrogant, condescending, deluded knob that is James?????? :o
    ...Me
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    It's a shame she can't pull off this look anymore:

http://www.scream-and-shout.com/edele_lynch/2_Edele_Lynch_ela052.jpg
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee wrote: »
    Edele is a really nice girl and I think many people see that and want to keep her in.

There is also an added 'she shouldn't have been up' feeling which probably got her a few votes.

I'm glad she stayed. To me tonight was perfect; Stephanie and Kellie.. gone.... ace result!

Yep, my feelings too. Whether Edele is providing entertainment or not, she is a nice HM and she ended up being up for really lame reasons so I'm really glad she was saved. And Borefest Stephanie is certainly no loss. I was initially a bit peed off that Kellie went as while she's awful, she was entertaining in her own dysfunctional way, but after seeing her interviews, I'm really glad she's gone. So, good result all round.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because she's very entertaining :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Edele is a nice person with a nice arse. I would invite her to crew on my yacht.
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    She's boring.

What arse?

Those who have eyes to see, let them see.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would anyone vote on this bastardized, manipulated excuse for BB?

That said I wouldn't vote for any of the others, she's lovely.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She has a loyal fan base.