Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    that is real coz u can actually but tickets
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    That is freaking amazing then....it's exposure like this that will help spread her name!! Looks like she knows what she is doing... The beast is coming...
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    That is good. She needs to do a lot of gigs and establish herself. I wonder if she will be singing new music.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is huge....?! It will be her first gig ever in America if true...I don't think she's ever performed there officially, so this is the news I've been waiting for.....I don't want to get too excited but :eek::eek:

June is not that far away either, if she's currently working on her album, then it looks like she's been incredibly smart by starting to do these gigs in the US to build her profile before dropping a single...

First the small promo ops like that make-up campaign, and now this....Hopefully this is just the start of bigger things to come...:D
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Stunning >>>>>>

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks like quite a high profile event as well, the ticket prices are extremely expensive...the cheapest ticket I can see costs $250....or roughly £160...:eek: Get that promo Alex...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gahh, I'm so happy about this....I hope she has more lined up. Just a year ago radios were snubbing her and singles were under-performing.....now, she's performing in the US at a pretty high profile event....she's such a fighter. :D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What event did JLS sing at? I seem to remember they were at some festival when they tried to crack the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also need to know who her US label is, if she has one. Her management seem to be working hard for her.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Get those gigs Alex!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah defo. Leaving modest seems like the best decision she made because if her new management are sorting promo like this then it says it all.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunning >>>>>>

What's it for? Amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    What event did JLS sing at? I seem to remember they were at some festival when they tried to crack the US.

I don't think it was anything as high profile as this tbh. I seem to remember their best promotion was on FOX News or something.....they didn't really do much promotion because their single just didn't take off over there.

I agree about her new label/management. Something has changed, this is the biggest development in her career that I've seen in ages...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    What's it for? Amazing.

Not sure, but it's shot by this guy: http://www.elliott-morgan.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys Alex Us Gig Oh My Days Excited!!!

She Is Coming
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I'm sorry. I sound so excited but come
    On!! MARY J BLIGE! Alexandra will be with the legends of URBAN this is what she needs. She needs to get them connections at the event maybe even try get a Mary J collab! Oh I'm excited she needs a US Summer festival/Gig too. Her new management sorry for EVER second guessing you damn. She could actually get solid US promo. BET would love her she should try get a pre BET show performance I think she could do it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE

Alex may have management in the US secure

She most recently followed KWL. After taking a quick glance at their twitter page they manage Big Sean & Estelle that's all I can see so far as they are promoting them two heavily, maybe they set this up. If they did I'm excited alex has the US on lockdown
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On!! MARY J BLIGE! Alexandra will be with the legends of URBAN this is what she needs. She needs to get them connections at the event maybe even try get a Mary J collab! Oh I'm excited she needs a US Summer festival/Gig too. Her new management sorry for EVER second guessing you damn. She could actually get solid US promo. BET would love her she should try get a pre BET show performance I think she could do it

This is just the first step. But it's a damn good first gig to have. It's definitely a high profile event....I agree she should be doing pre-BET awards, pre-MTV AMAs/VMAs.....just everywhere where she can get herself heard...

But this gig is a massive first step, the room will be filled with loads of A-Listers, Mary J, Patti, Chaka (I think Alex loves her as she sampled her song on Starlight)....

She's always said the US is a dream of hers, at one stage I didn't think she would ever perform there, but she's ready. I just hope she has some more gigs lined up in the US. It looks like she may be heading for an autumn debut in terms of music over there...perfect as it gives her the rest of the summer to start doing more gigs etc over there....

Like she said...change is about to come. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lol I think you have every right to be excited! If it does go ahead then it will be huge for her. On the same bill as some of the most respected artists of all time...all the haters will definitely have to take a seat haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE

Alex may have management in the US secure

She most recently followed KWL. After taking a quick glance at their twitter page they manage Big Sean & Estelle that's all I can see so far as they are promoting them two heavily, maybe they set this up. If they did I'm excited alex has the US on lockdown

They manage Trey Songz as well I think, but I don't think they are Alex's management company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They manage Trey Songz as well I think, but I don't think they are Alex's management company.

Hmm I'm getting too optimistic lol! After this though if Alex proves herself she will get a US management and also I really think alex could get a spot on BET. Obviously MTV/Billboard will have to wait, but if Alex kick starts this US invasion prior
    To music releases I think she could have urban on lock by August ready for a single launch I have such strong vibes I think alex can do this on her own, without an LA, or Jay just a record label (RCA US) she's so good with these connections she's shocking me so badly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we don't know what she will be performing at this event, I suspect it will be some kind of tribute to Chaka, but either way she is bound to impress, and with so many US celebs potentially attending this event, it can only do good for her...

She's doing this the right way. The reason JLS failed was because they rushed out there, threw the song out on to radio and the promo just wasn't strong enough.

1D and Cher succeeded because they toured (1D with BTR and Cher on relentless radio tours across the States) and built their fan bases up. Alexandra looks like she's doing the same, it's going to be a slow climb and there is a lot of risk, I'm not going to get too excited, but this is just an amazing development.

I have a feeling that more big news will be surfacing in the next few months. Alex has to be confident for a reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we don't know what she will be performing at this event, I suspect it will be some kind of tribute to Chaka, but either way she is bound to impress, and with so many US celebs potentially attending this event, it can only do good for her...

She's doing this the right way. The reason JLS failed was because they rushed out there, threw the song out on to radio and the promo just wasn't strong enough.

1D and Cher succeeded because they toured (1D with BTR and Cher on relentless radio tours across the States) and built their fan bases up. Alexandra looks like she's doing the same, it's going to be a slow climb and there is a lot of risk, I'm not going to get too excited, but this is just an amazing development.

I have a feeling that more big news will be surfacing in the next few months. Alex has to be confident for a reason.

I just feel like she has her Record deal, agreed with her Management on her trying to secure these kind of things first in the US and now we just wait for more huge announcement the future definately is hers to grab now I know she has a plan now and I'm not worried just want the headlines to come now, the pictures of the event alex confident argh this is amazing! Absolutely great development like you said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just feel like she has her Record deal, agreed with her Management on her trying to secure these kind of things first in the US and now we just wait for more huge announcement the future definately is hers to grab now I know she has a plan now and I'm not worried just want the headlines to come now, the pictures of the event alex confident argh this is amazing! Absolutely great development like you said

More news is coming, I really think so. Something has definitely changed behind the scenes recently, and Alex has changed as well. Just think, all those years with Overcome and HOH and she never once performed in the US.

But now she is. There has been a change, Alex said as much herself, and I can't wait until we know more about it. But to all those who said "Alex will never get near the US", "HOH is the end of her career" etc....LOL. :p:D

However, she needs to keep building on this, she's shown she's more than smart about these things, I mean just look at the situation last year and look at now. Go Alex....:)
This discussion has been closed.