:rolleyes:

oatstieoatstie Posts: 562
Forum Member
✭✭
Would you like to see the rolleyes smilie reinstated to the new-look forums?

I would and I thought if enough people vote 'yes' in the poll then the powers-that-be might grant us our wish. :D

Would you like to see :rolleyes: reinstated? 264 votes

Yes please
70%
artnadaAndrueEverything GoesplateletSULLAPsychoTherapistkoantemplationswingaleg[Deleted User][Deleted User]MTUK1Fizzbinwill_dearbornDisnaechinchinPattiOvalteenie2FSKJ44Scots rool 186 votes
No thanks
29%
[Deleted User]lemoncurdJimmy ConnorskimindexafcbfanGrand DizzyboksboxcjdoylebluebladeChrisETelevisionUserSigurdbobcarzx50njpHetalrbdcayjesayajojo01vald 78 votes

Comments

• JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    yes..i want the roll eyes one back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    Yes, and also a raised eye brow one.
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    I'm glad we have a mix of both new emoticons which are actually better than those horrible yellow blobs, plus the old :eek:, :cry: and :confused: emoticons reinstated, but I still miss the old :rolleyes:, :yawn: and :sleep: emoticons.

Do you think these should be reinstated? I think they should and would co-exist perfectly with the new design emoticons like :) and :mad:.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know. He was a sarcastic little bastard, but he summed up DS perfectly.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Yes! How else can I convey my sarcasm? :(
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered. I'm hoping to get a decent set of smile/yawn/sleep though
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in two minds about this, so have abstained from voting. It's an annoying thing, but also useful occasionally.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks
    No. I hope that particular smilie doesn't come back. It smacks of arrogance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    Yes, and ban this: :kitty:
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    I like it as I sometimes find it difficult to know how to take what people have said on here. It isn't always obvious from the written word that someone is being sarcastic and the smiley instantly lets you know that they are being sarcastic.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    zx50 wrote: »
    No. I hope that particular smilie doesn't come back. It smacks of arrogance.
    Well, I use it a lot at work. I was even instructed by a colleague not to roll my eyes when we went to one meeting. I must be very arrogant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    Yes it's very expressive. It's the spoken word version of "bollocks".
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Yes it's very expressive. It's the spoken word version of "bollocks".
    I always thought that most forums censored out that word you just quoted! :confused:
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If ever there was a need for that particular smilie in question, this is it.
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks
    I'm not much of a 'smiley' user, but find when the rolly eyes are used, it does nothing to enhance the point being made, and simply makes the culprit seem instantly smug or condescending.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No thanks
    I always think people use it just to annoy someone...then you get the inevitable 'don't roll your eyes at me'. It gets tedious.
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,153
    Forum Member
    No thanks
    It makes the poster who uses it look like a prick, so I suppose it serves a useful purpose in that respect. You know, shows you who you're dealing with. Yes, DS! Bring it back, I say.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks
    I hadn't realised that we'd more or less got the old smileys back (though somewhat modified) plus some more. I won't miss the roll eyes one, and some people were far too fond of it, though I suppose their regular use of it told us something about them.

So yes, things have improved on the smiley front since earlier this week. I'm not sure what a couple of them mean, though. For example:

:kitty: ^_^

What's the second one for? An instruction to look up, maybe at the previous post? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    xp95 wrote: »
    I always thought that most forums censored out that word you just quoted! :confused:

I'm special. Apparently... :confused:
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks
    I never used it, so voted no.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,405
    Forum Member
    No thanks
    oatstie wrote: »
    Would you like to see the rolleyes smilie reinstated to the new-look forums?

I would and I thought if enough people vote 'yes' in the poll then the powers-that-be might grant us our wish. :D

Absolutely not and I voted accordingly. It is a hostile, aggressive and provocative smiley and it should be consigned to Hades, pit of hell, forever.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    odd socks. wrote: »
    Not really , its a nice easy way to let the forum member its aimed at know that you think they are a c*nt

Which of course you'd have never done because this is your first post, unless you're a PBU?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    Before, I hated him.

Now, I miss him.
  • _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Yes please
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Yes! How else can I convey my sarcasm? :(

I feel your pain. I'm now in the ludicrous predicament that in another thread it actually looks like I prefer Aldi and Lidl to Harrods or Fortnum and Mason simply because my rolleyes didn't appear. The thread has been locked now so I'm afraid it's too late for me, but please DS admins, reinstate the rolleyes for the sake of others.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No thanks
    No thank you. It's just used as a way of being rude.