Natwest andVerified by Visa ARGH

Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
Forum Member
Two weeks ago I tried to order a Tesco shop online and had to register my card for that visa thing each time I entered my card details it came up details are incorrect even though I know they were right. I then phoned up Natwest to sort out what was wrong and they asked me some security questions including my postcode, she must have misheard me and didn't confirm what she had heard and had blocked my card, this meant I had to walk 8 miles the day after to go to a branch to get the card unblocked so that I could get some money.
Whilst in there the woman unlocked the card and tried to register it for me having no luck she calls someone over to help sort it out who said it could be because she had just unblocked it.

I've just tried to register the card again this time using natwests site and it still comes up that the details are incorrect.

Meaning I am probably going to have to walk a mile and half to the nearest shop to withdraw some money to get a bus to tesco at £4 then pay £10 taxi back home, instead of just paying £1 delivery. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you sort it?

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I twice had it with Barclays.

The first time it was because the bank had my birthday wrong on their records. Infact they didn't have it at all. It was set as Null.

The second time it was due to being Case Sensitive.

Every detail had to be exact.

So instead of

mr a nother
    1 road
    thistown
    aa11aa1

It had to be

Mr A Nother
    1 Road
    Thistown
    AA11 AA1

Also, you cannot reuse an old password so it will keep saying invalid details if you've trying to register and then try to register again.

This was years ago though so not sure if the same issues exist anymore. They might have been teething issues when it first came out.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    Meaning I am probably going to have to walk a mile and half to the nearest shop to withdraw some money to get a bus to tesco at £4 then pay £10 taxi back home, instead of just paying £1 delivery. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you sort it?

Rather than walking and then paying out for a bus and a taxi, why not just get a friend to give you a lift and buy 'em a pint or two as thanks?
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Rather than walking and then paying out for a bus and a taxi, why not just get a friend to give you a lift and buy 'em a pint or two as thanks?

Because I'm new to the area and don't know anyone who drives.

I've just phoned them up and they have said what I told them doesn't match what they have on record so now I'm having to make the 8m trek again to the nearest branch. >:(

As far as I am concerned Natwest have lost a customer as I have had this problem everytime I have tried to use their service since I opened an account with them, not that they will care.
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    Because I'm new to the area and don't know anyone who drives.

I've just phoned them up and they have said what I told them doesn't match what they have on record so now I'm having to make the 8m trek again to the nearest branch. >:(

As far as I am concerned Natwest have lost a customer as I have had this problem everytime I have tried to use their service since I opened an account with them, not that they will care.

Go back and find out why its not working. If it's their fault then demand some form of compensation (I did this with Santander).
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    horsepills wrote: »
    Go back and find out why its not working. If it's their fault then demand some form of compensation (I did this with Santander).

I intend to walk in tomorrow and and find out what the problem is as last time they told me it was sorted and that the details on record do match what I had given them.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    It's best when you run out of PAYG data on your iPad and in order to top up online, with your debit card, the card tries to complete via "Verified by Visa", but hey, you can't go there because you've no data left. Catch 22 ensues.