Options

Good place online to sell AV furniture?

rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a good quality high end AV rack to sell plus a budget TV stand. Have listed them on gumtree and the AV rack on AV Forums but no interest so far. Are there any other websites where I could list them, preferably local ones? The items would need to be collected in person and don't want to use eBay.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook buy and sell pages?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Facebook buy and sell pages?

Thanks - I didn't even know that existed! Although for the Essex area, it seems to be unused pretty much!
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rewind wrote: »
    Thanks - I didn't even know that existed! Although for the Essex area, it seems to be unused pretty much!

Where about in Essex, for example Chelmsford has selling group (invite only). Just do a search on your towns name. Also gumtree is pretty good.

I will say that AV furniture seems to be hard to sell, see tons of it on freecycle as people move toward mounting their TV on the wall, which I am not a fan off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Where about in Essex, for example Chelmsford has selling group (invite only). Just do a search on your towns name. Also gumtree is pretty good.

I will say that AV furniture seems to be hard to sell, see tons of it on freecycle as people move toward mounting their TV on the wall, which I am not a fan off.

I am in Chelmsford! Thanks, will give it a go.

I agree. The only reason I am selling mine is I have bought a much bigger AV unit so can house everything in that as opposed to a separate rack.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rewind wrote: »
    I am in Chelmsford! Thanks, will give it a go.

I agree. The only reason I am selling mine is I have bought a much bigger AV unit so can house everything in that as opposed to a separate rack.

Try this one, invite only but has 7,000 members and covers chelmsford and surrounding areas,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/193521824055226/
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think people use AV furniture any more do they? Don't they have Surround sound with bluetooth for their music off their MP3 players or something. Even Mr B and I have surroundsound with a DVD player or Xbox that we can play CD's through and we're old. I play my music through my Kindle which is bluetoothed to a mini speaker.