Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CM Punk and AJ Lee are now dating according to Konnan, if true that would be like the 8th pro-wrestling diva Punk has been with in the last 10 years.

Best in the world dating the best diva in the world, makes sense:D

I must admit they do have good chemistry:)
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what the reason was for removing Josh Matthews from the Smackdown announce team? Michael Cole won't be the lead announcer forever and WWE need to find someone capable of taking over if necessary.

On another note, I was reading the house show reports in Power Slam and they mentioned that Damien Sandow lost to Zach Ryder and Santino Marella on consecutive nights last month.:(

Why did they even give him the MITB case if they were going to destroy any credibility he has to be a future champion?
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of Big show or HBK will screw Bryan on Sunday.

I'll be proper unhappy if Bryan doesn't win on sunday.

I do disagree however. I think Triple H will attempt to screw Bryan out of the title, but one of Big Show/HBK will intervene. Probably Big Show, with HBK not getting involved and calling it down the middle like no one expects him to.

It's important though that no one attacks Orton. Bryan needs to pick up the clean win if he is to win, otherwise he won't recover from Triple H essentially burying him on RAW.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the reason was for removing Josh Matthews from the Smackdown announce team? Michael Cole won't be the lead announcer forever and WWE need to find someone capable of taking over if necessary.

I haven't a clue I just know it wasn't an incredibly bright decision. They should have a three man team on Smackdown with Cole, JBL and Matthews.

A purely personal thing, I think he's better than Cole and I'd prefer him to do Raw if I'm honest. Cole's voice is just too annoying for five hours of TV for me
  • Options
    SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be livvid with this company if DB does not get the belt sunday - if he doesn't I gurantee he won't get it back and it will be back round Cena's waist by mania.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I think I might be one of the few people that would prefer to see Orton pick up the victory and the title on Sunday, via interference of some kind. I think this should lead to Triple H and Stephanie telling Bryan that he is no longer allowed a title shot, and he is done. He should then lead a team at Survivor Series, and eventually win the Royal Rumble match, defend his title shot at Elimination Chamber and BOOM....take on the WWE Champion at WMXXX, Randy Orton, who he has been kept away from since Hell in a Cell. I'd like this to happen, but doubt it will.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I really hope we don't have a Cena/Bryan fued with the Bella's thrown in. Ugh.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not going to happen, it won't happen, it just won't

But Cena as a heel for the Authority would be fairly good.

I think they need to strip back on HHH, his long drawling promos where he buries DB all the time are getting dull. He at least needs to take a few beatings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't a clue I just know it wasn't an incredibly bright decision. They should have a three man team on Smackdown with Cole, JBL and Matthews.

A purely personal thing, I think he's better than Cole and I'd prefer him to do Raw if I'm honest. Cole's voice is just too annoying for five hours of TV for me

I know this probably won't happen, but I would like Paul Heyman to do commentary on Raw again sometime in the future. His commentary was one of the highlights of the invasion storyline back in 2001.
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick WWE2K14 question.

If I don't pre-order (as I'm skint at the moment) will I be able to get the ultimate warrior at a later date via DLC?

Thanks.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    ChrisToria wrote: »
    I think I might be one of the few people that would prefer to see Orton pick up the victory and the title on Sunday, via interference of some kind. I think this should lead to Triple H and Stephanie telling Bryan that he is no longer allowed a title shot, and he is done. He should then lead a team at Survivor Series, and eventually win the Royal Rumble match, defend his title shot at Elimination Chamber and BOOM....take on the WWE Champion at WMXXX, Randy Orton, who he has been kept away from since Hell in a Cell. I'd like this to happen, but doubt it will.
    This is what I'd like to happen too. That WrestleMania moment would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Jameseh.Jameseh. Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Quick WWE2K14 question.

If I don't pre-order (as I'm skint at the moment) will I be able to get the ultimate warrior at a later date via DLC?

Thanks.

Usually a few months in they sell the pre-order character as DLC yeah.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've actually been really impressed with Alex Riley commentating on NXT over recent weeks.

William Regal commentates on the show as well, and he is of course brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Joooe wrote: »
    This is what I'd like to happen too. That WrestleMania moment would be fantastic.

Yeah, totally. It would be alot like the Guerrerro/Benoit moment really, a veteran who has worked hard to get to the top and fought obstacles, and finally reached the pinacle of his profession at the biggest show of all time. It would be a great moment. It would be nice if they went with that, rather than rehash other matches and build WMXXX around returning guys from other eras. It's time to focus on building a main event picture that isn't solely John Cena and Randy Orton.

I think a Bryan-Orton main event with Bryan winning, finally, against the odds at WM would be great, and Cena can have his match with Taker, leaving the World Title to be put up between some younger guys, maybe Cesaro and Ziggler. Eh, fantasy booking here, but whatever. lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they've finally realised that he is rubbish, bland and boring who couldn't sell the excitement of CM Punk vs Stone Cold in Chicago!

WWE would really need to look outside the industry for a new announcer when Cole's time is up! Everyone underneath him are just not good enough to carry the lead duties!
    I know this probably won't happen, but I would like Paul Heyman to do commentary on Raw again sometime in the future. His commentary was one of the highlights of the invasion storyline back in 2001.

I loved Heyman on commentary during that time even though i missed Lawler so much! I never understood why they didnt have Heyman co-commentate during the Invasion PPV! His and JR's joint reaction would have been epic during Austin's heel turn!
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how the match turns out but unless Bryan wins he is finished as a contender and he was simply filling the space until Cena returns.

Would be lovely to see a win for Cena & Bryan and a return match unifying the titles at the Rumble.
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Orton will win and Triple H/The Shield will put Bryan out of action from our screens until Royal Rumble. Cena's also back which will cover DB's absence easily.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about Bryan getting the title at Hell in a Cell - he stood tall to end Raw and HHH has been on the back foot to end the last three shows. I do hope that him losing doesn't ruin his credibility at WWE title level. Part of me actually sees Punk winning the Rumble and fighting for the title at Mania with Bryan vs HHH and Cena vs Taker. Not sure where that would leave Lesnar though.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Bryan getting the title at Hell in a Cell - he stood tall to end Raw and HHH has been on the back foot to end the last three shows. I do hope that him losing doesn't ruin his credibility at WWE title level. Part of me actually sees Punk winning the Rumble and fighting for the title at Mania with Bryan vs HHH and Cena vs Taker. Not sure where that would leave Lesnar though.

Lesnar - Rock?

Though with this new movie there's doubt that The Rock is available because of this new movie

And I suppose a lot depends on whether a certain iconic blonde haired Real American returns for WMXXX and say what you like about him, I think he should be there
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough Dave Meltzer has said he assumes they don't have a choice but to put Bryan over strongly at Hell in a Cell as business is being effected by too many screwy pay per view endings. I guess we'll find out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No ones interest will last till mania and anyway Cena will have it back by then - give bryan the belt now!!
    That special moment is already gone as they had him at summerslam with the belt and confetti etc before they messed it up - that image cannot work again a second time.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Funnily enough Dave Meltzer has said he assumes they don't have a choice but to put Bryan over strongly at Hell in a Cell as business is being effected by too many screwy pay per view endings. I guess we'll find out.

Summerslam started the rot of stupid endings, then the fast count, then the DKO have all been rubbish and not best for business.

One is just about bearable but to have 3 screw jobs in a row on the PPV main event is rubbish and whoever booked them needs future endeavouring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^ This is why I think a screwjob end again with Bryan not getting the belt would just be a big F U at the fans again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they will do what they did back on Smackdown in 1999 when HBK screwed Rock out of the title and then disappeared from TV for several months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    As this is a Hell in a Cell, Randy Orton could win after using an RKO on to the steps or through a table. The finish would be legal, but Bryan would look hard fought in defeat.

For what it's worth, wikipedia had Orton/Bryan in an I Quit match listed as the main event of Survivor Series.

Lance Storm made a good point on Triple H's comments on Edge, Chris Jericho etc. All of them were world champions on several times, which kind of means they are saying Bryan's quest for gold is pointless at the end of the day.
This discussion has been closed.