Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Old 28-09-2014, 00:51
boysforpele
Forum Member

am i the only gaga fan a little bit confused by the 'art pop' era?

I was so expecting more single releases with videos
then the tony collab jazz album
then an album reboot with an additional part 2?

so many songs could be so linked with art based videos:
mary j holland - girl with pearl earing
sexx dreams - scream/dahli/ pop art - marilyn monroe
artpop - prequel to the art pop video: cupid - michaelangelo
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-09-2014, 12:21
Derek Faye
Forum Member

I think everyone was confused with the ARTPOP era.

It's quite weird to say because the fame era lasted nearly 2 years (incl TFM) yet here we are announcing it over

I will still say though, that album has good songs. I prefer it to BTW.
Derek Faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 23:29
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

Lol I just posted in the Britney thread how I wished Femme Fatale had a similar promo to Marina and the DIamonds Electra Heart style...a year beforehand....but I also think ARTPOP could have had a similar style.....videos to tell a story with the songs and each one allowing radio circulation too and airplay.....would have benefitted the album without everything happeneing at once and confusing everything.

Pop seems to be at a very bizarre place...when you are a big name like Madonna, Britney, Rihanna, gaga, first week sales are always front heavy.....but its like you have to fight to ensure the album sustains or it completely bombs.

While I am not a fan...Beyonce with her surprise album was a novelty really....but alas in the long run....it has hardly done any better in comparison to her contemporaries.....there needs to be a knack in how to do it....we shall just have to wait and see.

I just hope the Jazz break allows for Lady vaga to find herself creatively with her new management etc.
Josh Pinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 18:24
elasticlove
Forum Member

Have any of you guys went to the artRave?
elasticlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 15:29
MissAyrshire
Forum Member

I went to the artRave in Glasgow last week and came home very happy. I thought she put on a great show. The stage set up was amazing and I liked that you could see the band. They weren't hidden away. Her dancers were good and with her costume changes you never really noticed that she was off stage. Her voice was very powerful and she performed "You and I" which is my favourite song by her so I was thrilled about that
MissAyrshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 18:04
boysforpele
Forum Member

I went last night. I've managed to see every tour including support act roles so far.
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 14:47
gagarules86
Forum Member

Hey guys! I haven't posted in here for ages. I FINALLY saw her on Sunday at The 02, and it was incredible. She sounded (and looked) great, and I agree with MissAyrshire about her dancers and band-it was really good that they were at the forefront and she has great chemistry with all of them. I really enjoyed it!
gagarules86 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote