Sick of Dannii Vs Cheryl...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've noticed on this forum that it seems to be OK to say really vile things about Cheryl,but say even the slightest thing about Dannii and you're jumped on by the very same people who are nasty about Cheryl. Why is that? Why is it only acceptable to like Dannii out of the two girls on these boards,and why is it OK to be so nasty about Cheryl but not OK to declare anything less than undying love for Dannii?

I do like Dannii a lot,most of the time, but I love Cheryl as well and it really winds me up to see such nasty things being posted about her,usually by the same people who complain about Dannii getting stick. It's hypocritical and unnecessary.

There are countless threads being started daily just to pick on Cheryl for no reason at all,but when Dannii actually does something wrong, eg her comments about Danyl, people still fall over themselves to defend her,even though they'd have been calling for Cheryl's head on a plate had she said the same. When Cheryl made a nasty comment about Jedward people rightfully put her down,but when Dannii did the same she was praised!

Before I'm jumped on,I'm not saying it's OK to pick on Dannii,I think some of the threads calling for her job and so on have been ridiculous and OTT and some of the nastier things said about her made me quite angry as I do really like her. I'm just really sick of the double standards regarding Cheryl and Dannii, i.e. that as long as nobody's being nasty to Dannii it's fine to say all sorts about Cheryl,and that Dannii is often praised for the same thing Cheryl is picked on for. As I said I really like them both so I don't even see why it's necessary to always compare them and bash one of them in favour of the other.

Surely there are other people sick of this too? Please say I'm not alone! :o

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'm bored of the whole Dannii thing. It's very militant regarding her, best not even voice an opinion.
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's easier to be jealous of Cheryl...one of the most beautiful women in the world...chart-topping record sales...loved by the people...
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've noticed on this forum that it seems to be OK to say really vile things about Cheryl,but say even the slightest thing about Dannii and you're jumped on by the very same people who are nasty about Cheryl. Why is that? Why is it only acceptable to like Dannii out of the two girls on these boards,and why is it OK to be so nasty about Cheryl but not OK to declare anything less than undying love for Dannii?

I do like Dannii a lot,most of the time, but I love Cheryl as well and it really winds me up to see such nasty things being posted about her,usually by the same people who complain about Dannii getting stick. It's hypocritical and unnecessary.

There are countless threads being started daily just to pick on Cheryl for no reason at all,but when Dannii actually does something wrong, eg her comments about Danyl, people still fall over themselves to defend her,even though they'd have been calling for Cheryl's head on a plate had she said the same. When Cheryl made a nasty comment about Jedward people rightfully put her down,but when Dannii did the same she was praised!

Before I'm jumped on,I'm not saying it's OK to pick on Dannii,I think some of the threads calling for her job and so on have been ridiculous and OTT and some of the nastier things said about her made me quite angry as I do really like her. I'm just really sick of the double standards regarding Cheryl and Dannii, i.e. that as long as nobody's being nasty to Dannii it's fine to say all sorts about Cheryl,and that Dannii is often praised for the same thing Cheryl is picked on for. As I said I really like them both so I don't even see why it's necessary to always compare them and bash one of them in favour of the other.

Surely there are other people sick of this too? Please say I'm not alone! :o

It's def. not as sugarsweet for Dannii here as you claim it to be. Some loyal haters always being her down.

I think some are tired of the way cheryl is always treated like a princess by the producers and media when she doesn't really live up to what they say she is.

Dannii is IMO the only honest judge who comments on what it is that they do.
    Cheryl was awful to Danyl calling him cocky all the time and Louis the same.

But I don't hate Cheryl and I actually prefer Dannii and Cheryl chats on X Factor rather than the boring X men who behave like kids.
    Simon doesn't make much sense and Louis is just a baby.
    Dannii and Cheryl support each others act and that's nice to see.

So to answer you question.
    I'm sick of Simon & Louis!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not going to stop. I like Dannii and dislike Cheryl. Howver I do actually see Cheryl's appeal, I just feel like she is transparent, vacuous and undeserving of her adoration. Whereas Dannii tries so hard, has great relationships with her contestants, is always honest and constructive, isn't afraid to praise others that aren't in her category e.g. "Pick up the phone and vote for Joe!" last night... and a lot of the public dislike her because she's not as bonny as Cheryl or whatever :rolleyes:

I find that frustrating. I feel if people don't like Dannii, I will ask them why and tell them why I think she's amazing... but I have the right to. As do Cheryl fans if they ask why I dislike her. It's when people name-call that it gets petty.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like people aren't so much angry with Cheryl but rather the press' and public's support of Cheryl over Dannii.

Of course you can't really slag off "the press" or "the public", so Cheryl gets the blame on the forum
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I have an irrational hatred for Dannii.

Something about her snarky, bitchy but not overtly bitchy comments.

And her face.

Yeah she's annoying.

At least when Cheryl's being a bitch, she's upfront about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    I really loved Cheryl untill this years X factor she has become Mardy and has got to big for her Boots.I didnt really like Danni untill I saw the piers morgan interview and now I think she is Beautifal and smart I like her honesty.
  • Big PhilBig Phil Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the same time, at least Dannii has a really good relationship with her act and spends a considerable amount of time with her outside of the show. Dannii's official Facebook page is full of stuff about Stacey, video messages from the two of them etc. Cheryl is too busy trying to get people to buy her calendar on hers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Channii Forever <3
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duneriver wrote: »
    I have an irrational hatred for Dannii.

Something about her snarky, bitchy but not overtly bitchy comments.

And her face.

Yeah she's annoying.

At least when Cheryl's being a bitch, she's upfront about it.

Why is it allowed to attack Dannii's looks? And why even?
    If you have a problem with what she says, you should be able to stay objective to that and not lower yourself to personal attacks.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the rivalry between them either, as far as forum members go. Cheryl AND Dannii are both fantastic. They're both partly the reason I tune in to the X-Factor on a Saturday and Sunday night for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I don't understand the rivalry between them either, as far as forum members go. Cheryl AND Dannii are both fantastic. They're both partly the reason I tune in to the X-Factor on a Saturday and Sunday night for.

I agree with you. As much as the producers want us to think otherwise, they don't have a rivalry with each other (beyond wanting their own acts to win) , so why do the majority of their fans create one when they're both great in their own right?

Obviously the highlight of every show is the "What are the girls wearing today????" moment! :D