Options

Simon Cowell & Max Clifford, no communication, no prison visits?

i4ui4u Posts: 55,014
Forum Member
Apart from a source saying Simon Cowell has severed his business relationship with sex imprisoned sex offender Max Clifford, have there been any words from Simon Cowell himself?

These two worked closely together for more than 10 years, Clifford who organised sex parties also reportedly provided photo opportunities for Simon Cowell with certain types of ladees over the years. Would lap dancers have given Cowell a second glance without the assistance Clifford?

Did Cowell make an appearance in court to defend the character of Clifford?

The Louis Theroux programme showed how closely these two worked together, Simon Cowell isn't shy about coming forward yet the cat seems to have got his tongue over his sex offender friend Max Clifford.

Ok a photo of Simon Cowell visiting a prison to see his old mate Clifford is unlikely, but to say nothing about the sex crimes of a close associate seems strange.

This is not the first sex offender Cowell has been friends with, there was the bailing out of Jonathon King (£50,000) in 2000 which was kept quiet for years and it was Max Clifford who revealed the story on behalf of Mr Cowell.

Could it be Simon Cowell is a bad judge of character when it comes to personal relationships?

Comments

• Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    You guys :D

Btw - what happened to the old is Simon gay thread on here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »

How can he be gay he's been photographed with a female.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

How can he be gay? He's got a baby :o 😉
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Apart from a source saying Simon Cowell has severed his business relationship with sex imprisoned sex offender Max Clifford, have there been any words from Simon Cowell himself?

These two worked closely together for more than 10 years, Clifford who organised sex parties also reportedly provided photo opportunities for Simon Cowell with certain types of ladees over the years. Would lap dancers have given Cowell a second glance without the assistance Clifford?

Did Cowell make an appearance in court to defend the character of Clifford?

The Louis Theroux programme showed how closely these two worked together, Simon Cowell isn't shy about coming forward yet the cat seems to have got his tongue over his sex offender friend Max Clifford.

Ok a photo of Simon Cowell visiting a prison to see his old mate Clifford is unlikely, but to say nothing about the sex crimes of a close associate seems strange.

This is not the first sex offender Cowell has been friends with, there was the bailing out of Jonathon King (£50,000) in 2000 which was kept quiet for years and it was Max Clifford who revealed the story on behalf of Mr Cowell.

Could it be Simon Cowell is a bad judge of character when it comes to personal relationships?

Personally, I don't believe he's severed his ties with Clifford but no, no word from Cowell himself that I'm aware of and no, he didn't appear as a character witness at the trial.

And if he is a bad judge of character, he's lucky that he has enough money to put that right 😉
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personally, I don't believe he's severed his ties with Clifford but no, no word from Cowell himself that I'm aware of and no, he didn't appear as a character witness at the trial.

And if he is a bad judge of character, he's lucky that he has enough money to put that right 😉

You'd think he'd be the first person the newspapers would have asked for a comment about the sex offender Max Clifford, but nothing.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a coincidence, but since Max has been sent down I've noticed fewer nauseating, contrived photos of Simon, Lauren and Eric appearing in the media. Actually it's all gone very quiet on that front. Strange isn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably one of the most pointless threads ever created.

I only came here to see which one of the classy DS members would be the first to say "gay"
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    This is probably one of the most pointless threads ever created.

I only came here to see which one of the classy DS members would be the first to say "gay"

You did ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Might be a coincidence, but since Max has been sent down I've noticed fewer nauseating, contrived photos of Simon, Lauren and Eric appearing in the media. Actually it's all gone very quiet on that front. Strange isn't it?

Maybe Simon & Lauren are waiting for pervert Clifford to be transferred to Leyhill before popping in to visit their old mate at his country retreat and a photo opportunity.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showbiz is a fickle old world. They might be communicating under the radar but I think the egotistical Cowell is far too self-preserving to be seen defending or supporting a convicted sex offender. Cowell looks after Cowell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    You did ;)

Nope. It was the second reply to this topic. Boom. :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Showbiz is a fickle old world. They might be communicating under the radar but I think the egotistical Cowell is far too self-preserving to be seen defending or supporting a convicted sex offender. Cowell looks after Cowell.

Most definitely. Cowell seems to be keeping a low profile hoping Max will not spill any beans on him.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a very strange logic you have. :confused:
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    That's a very strange logic you have. :confused:
    Trolololololololololol
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Most definitely. Cowell seems to be keeping a low profile hoping Max will not spill any beans on him.

It's really noticeable isn't it? The X Factor auditions started the other day and yet there didn't seem to be as much media coverage as I thought there would, and what little there was seemed to be all about Cheryl and Mel B. Very little mention of Simon, which is odd as he's returning to the show after a four years away, and we all know that he loves the media spotlight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »

Wasn't Cowell having his way with the wife of a best friend for two years before it went public, even confidant Sinitta said she didn't know or do they know how to keep a secret?

Our all seeing tabloid weren't aware for four years that Cowell had had bailed out sex offender Jonathan King until Max Clifford told them? Or was it a case of sex offender Clifford doing a deal with the newspapers to keep it out the papers till the time was right?
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »

Cowell is a well known heterosexualist. It was probably all Cliff Maxford's work to spread the rumours to make him more interesting :o The same with Sinitta, now that Cliff can't stop her she's relaunching her singing career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It's really noticeable isn't it? The X Factor auditions started the other day and yet there didn't seem to be as much media coverage as I thought there would, and what little there was seemed to be all about Cheryl and Mel B. Very little mention of Simon, which is odd as he's returning to the show after a four years away, and we all know that he loves the media spotlight.

That's very true. Mind you, it could be because there's not as much interest as before but it has gone very quiet on the X Factor front.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised there have been no stories about Max in the clink? You know the sort of stories. A departing prisoner who has seen him on the wing etc?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How was Cowell to know that Clifford was doing what he did back then?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised there have been no stories about Max in the clink? You know the sort of stories. A departing prisoner who has seen him on the wing etc?

There might not have been any prisoners released yet that have saw Clifford in there.
  • Options
    TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Have a look at Louie Theroux meets...Max Clifford. The manipulative nature of both these individuals suggests to me they have more skeletons in their closet than you can begin to imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    How was Cowell to know that Clifford was doing what he did back then?

Did you not follow the trial or read Clifford's book, it's in Clifford's nature to boast about his exploits.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Trolololololololololol

Very good :D:D
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you not follow the trial or read Clifford's book, it's in Clifford's nature to boast about his exploits.

Are you actually saying that Simon Cowell must have known what Max Clifford was doing, because you should be careful.