Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline

Comments

• SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I hope this happens too.

The more people team up with JP the better it would be great if Nancy joins in and helps expose Finn.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    The pacing of this storyline has been terrible, but hopefully it gets better with JP back. I do wish he would tell someone else about the rape and that it was revealed that he's not a child predator but it seems like they are unfortunately still dragging that out.
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    JP finding out Phebeo going with Robbie is something he want be happy about, if JP finds out Finn been theatening Phebeo he will hit the roof. With Robbie going with Phebeo it will be bad reminders of all the things Robbie done to JP. Either way with JP getting out of jail just hope he'll won't get anymore trouble coming his way, it would be great to see JP happy again.

I don't think Phoebe will tell JP or anyone about Finn's threats, not yet anyway.

Also, I think JP is going to still have a lot of trouble coming his way. There's the horrible prison incident we've yet to find out about. The possible ramifications of the molestation allegations, the fallout from his affair with Danny, the fact he has no job & the McQueen family are struggling financially. On top of that he will probably still be bumping into Finn at different times as they all live in a small village. At least he doesn't have to see Finn everyday anymore. Unfortunately for JP, it will probably get worse before it can get better.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    No, I think Phoebe knows that they were lies. She's just decided to forgive Robbie anyway without mentioning the statement to him & give him another chance.

While I know he has fancied her for months, I still find her suddenly falling for him so unrealistic. As I've said before, I would have found it more believable if she only went with him to discover the truth about JP & slowly fell for him without anticipating to due to the time they had to spend together and seeing another side of him, (while still being conflicted about her feelings because of his past homophobia & what he did to JP).

I don't know why she hasn't mentioned the statement considering she was there in court and saw JP plead his innocence to the statement. Even if she did decide to forgive Robbie and give him another chance, she should have still confronted him over the statement. I hate how they have changed Phoebe's character in order to pursue this storyline. Maybe when JP returns people will remember that the sun doesn't shine out of Robbie's ass and that JP reminds then of just what a homophobic coward Robbie really is.
    Forum Member
    I don't think Phoebe will tell JP or anyone about Finn's threats, not yet anyway.

Also, I think JP is going to still have a lot of trouble coming his way. There's the horrible prison incident we've yet to find out about. The possible ramifications of the molestation allegations, the fallout from his affair with Danny, the fact he has no job & the McQueen family are struggling financially. On top of that he will probably still be bumping into Finn at different times as they all live in a small village. At least he doesn't have to see Finn everyday anymore. Unfortunately for JP, it will probably get worse before it can get better.

JP around Finn or not Finn likes causeing trouble for JP just hopeing Finn doesn't try to cause more damageing trouble that could send JP back to prison. I still like to see JP plan revenge on Finn.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    JP around Finn or not Finn likes causeing trouble for JP just hopeing Finn doesn't try to cause more damageing trouble that could send JP back to prison. I still like to see JP plan revenge on Finn.

I agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why she hasn't mentioned the statement considering she was there in court and saw JP plead his innocence to the statement. Even if she did decide to forgive Robbie and give him another chance, she should have still confronted him over the statement. I hate how they have changed Phoebe's character in order to pursue this storyline. Maybe when JP returns people will remember that the sun doesn't shine out of Robbie's ass and that JP reminds then of just what a homophobic coward Robbie really is.

I totally agree that Phoebe should have confronted him. In fact that's what I would have expected to happen. If JP was a member of my family, I definitely would have confronted Robbie & even if I saw him remorseful & being nicer & eventually forgave him I would never have considered going out with him.

In regards to the molestation allegations I wouldn't be surprised if Hollyoaks don't even mention it. They should do as it would be more realistic, but am still not sure if they will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure JP has had loads of revenge scenarios running in his head where Finn comes to a gruesome end. But I think the truth is that all JP wants right now is for Finn to leave him alone & not to see him. Eventually, he will have to stand up to get justice the right way, but he's not ready yet. I think Finn will still want to keep an eye on JP & see how he's doing. Finn feels confident at the moment that JP will keep his mouth shut, but if he starts to fear that he will waver like at the court hearing he'll want to be there to intimidate him to silence again. I'm sure Finn will still be causing more trouble for JP & now for Robbie as well & for anyone else who crosses him in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please check out soapsquawk there's a new JP Spoiler about his time in prison!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder who it could be, at least we have finally got some info. Why can't they just let him deal with it instead of adding more drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

Hi Priscilla

You beat me to it with the news of the attached spoiler! LOL :D!

I did think before that maybe JP meets someone inside that wants him to do something illegal. I wonder where Hollyoaks will go with this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Priscilla

You beat me to it with the news of the attached spoiler! LOL :D!

I did think before that maybe JP meets someone inside that wants him to do something illegal. I wonder where Hollyoaks will go with this?

Hi Marianne :)

Hopefully it doesn't lead him to going prison again, I'm thinking maybe he shared a cell with Cameron (Peri's dad), who saw Sam visit him so started to ask questions etc and JP doing the dirty work for him. It's a far fetched theory but I don't know who else it could be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Marianne :)

Hopefully it doesn't lead him to going prison again, I'm thinking maybe he shared a cell with Cameron (Peri's dad), who saw Sam visit him so started to ask questions etc and JP doing the dirty work for him. It's a far fetched theory but I don't know who else it could be.

I actually don't think it's so far-fetched especially if you think of some of the other Hollyoaks storylines at the moment! LOL :D

I do know Cameron will be coming into the show. It was revealed already that he has spent time in prison. I think when Sam & Danny were discussing the man coming out on license soon it could very well be Cameron who's Peri's dad. It would also make it even more complicated for JP being involved with him doing dodgy stuff, considering JP's existing ties to the Lomax family.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure JP has had loads of revenge scenarios running in his head where Finn comes to a gruesome end. But I think the truth is that all JP wants right now is for Finn to leave him alone & not to see him. Eventually, he will have to stand up to get justice the right way, but he's not ready yet. I think Finn will still want to keep an eye on JP & see how he's doing. Finn feels confident at the moment that JP will keep his mouth shut, but if he starts to fear that he will waver like at the court hearing he'll want to be there to intimidate him to silence again. I'm sure Finn will still be causing more trouble for JP & now for Robbie as well & for anyone else who crosses him in the future.

Finn's watching Robbie at the moment so he doesn't say anything, once JP out of jail Finn going to have to watch him again to. Finn thinks he can cause trouble for anyone he may as well become a gangster if he wants to cause all the trouble he wants.
    They say Finn will have his eyes on his next victim but who could it be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't think it's so far-fetched especially if you think of some of the other Hollyoaks storylines at the moment! LOL :D

I do know Cameron will be coming into the show. It was revealed already that he has spent time in prison. I think when Sam & Danny were discussing the man coming out on license soon it could very well be Cameron who's Peri's dad. It would also make it even more complicated for JP being involved with him doing dodgy stuff, considering JP's existing ties to the Lomax family.

Haha true :D whatever it is I hope it's not too dramatic or bad, I want to see how he is coping especially since he has been locked up and accused of molesting a child.
    At least there will be some stuff with the Mcqueens, I hope we get some scenes with Finn and Robbie. Ahhhh I can't wait :D
  • Liv1Liv1 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I think it's utterly disgusting how Hollyoaks have written this and allowed it to play out. As if the subject of rape isn't dramatic enough, they feel the need to paint JP out to the community as a predatory gay man preying on his students.

They then allowed a false statement to be read out in court and used as the main piece of evidence to convict JP. Then no follow up. No police investigation into the claims in the false statement.

The whole storyline has jumped the shark. It's insulting to victims or rape and quite frankly a despicable portrayal that's pure sensationalism.

Got to agree with you, I just hope that they somehow redeem this storyline when John Paul is back, surely the truth has to come out. This huge gap in the story has really disappointed me, what kind of message is it for anyone out there in a similar situation? Keep quiet, take the abuse and go to prison for it. I'm really hoping they'll bring it back and he'll get justice but personally I'd have preferred it if he'd confided in someone then built the strength to tell the truth during the court case then us seeing how he overcame it all.

I know it's not real and all that but these type of storylines do worry me, like with Maxine and Patrick. They create awareness and obviously must relate to any people out there unfortunately suffering in similar circumstances... then just ruin the rightful outcome. For instance Nancy finally witnessing Maxine's abuse, I was so relieved that finally she'd get help but then it was completely wrecked by Nancy turning on her and believed she was actually the abuser.

I know they obviously want to build these storylines up for maximum drama but I think if they're handling such delicate and awful topics then they should try to portray how someone actually suffering should act to get help, rather than putting all the annoying twists in.

Sorry major rant over :blush: I just get way too frustrated by these types of stories :blush::D
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    I've lost all interest in this storyline, and I'm sure I'm not alone. It's too stupid for words in so many aspects and I'm, frankly, bored with it.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wanted to get hold of James Sutton til I realised he smoked
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

Ugh! Way to go Hollyoaks writers! As if you haven't ruined this storyline enough. Too bad they don't have the ability to create a rape storyline that actually about someone dealing with the impact of being raped. Nope. They have to pile on all this nonsense. First, they have Tony playing with gangsters in his cancer storyline and now JP and let's not forget Jack turning to a prostitute for sex. What are they going to do next? Have Darren become a meth dealer, Dodger become a sex trafficker, and Dirk get into underground cockfighting?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Robbie was all mouth no action and he would never go that far, people saying finn isnt believable , so in the real world not alot of people look like rapist but are thats why this story is how it is , supposed to make you think if someone said they was raped by someone that looked like finn you cant just so no he couldnt do such a thing because he doesnt look like a rapist ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it's obviously Ste is going to find out about the jobs JP has to do on the outside and as he has more understanding (expecially if it's drugs) either help JP or do it for him ready to take the fall.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    redrose89 wrote: »
    To me it's obviously Ste is going to find out about the jobs JP has to do on the outside and as he has more understanding (expecially if it's drugs) either help JP or do it for him ready to take the fall.

Yep. Just another step in them being a permanent couple.
  • lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind that Finn is the attacker but a lot of the SL is just farcical. Robbie and Phoebe both scared of weedy little Finn? Doesn't make any sense, Phoebe has no prior reason to assume or even believe Finn is a threat! Robbie on the other hand?! And he is a bit panto villain, just showing up in every scene when someone is trying to do something with his smug little smile......ooooh scary! But that's not his fault, that's the pathetic writing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gina_lok wrote: »
    Robbie was all mouth no action and he would never go that far, people saying finn isnt believable , so in the real world not alot of people look like rapist but are thats why this story is how it is , supposed to make you think if someone said they was raped by someone that looked like finn you cant just so no he couldnt do such a thing because he doesnt look like a rapist ...

Absolutely; we all see the gobby little teenagers in the street who then wee their pants when someone bigger or a police officer comes along. Finn is dark, twisted and anyone is capable of rape believe me, my attacker was someone who was seen as "normal".
This discussion has been closed.