Fifa 14 Thread

15678911»

Comments

• LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Royce wrote: »
    Are there any gameplay videos of the next-gen version? I can only find staged pre-rendered screen shots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQj3aMHrWAQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long has the daily gifts been back on the web app? Just saw the little advert on the xbox so logged in on web app and got some coins. I haven't logged in since the first day they stopped giving them. Hope I've not missed too much.

Another question, how is team rating worked out? I thought it was an average of your players overall score. But I was playing ultimate team in a cup where you need a 5* team. Players needed resting and it wouldn't let me play the next match as the team dropped to a 4.5* team.
    I swapped my keeper to a lower rated one and my team rating went back to 5*??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    How long has the daily gifts been back on the web app? Just saw the little advert on the xbox so logged in on web app and got some coins. I haven't logged in since the first day they stopped giving them. Hope I've not missed too much.

Another question, how is team rating worked out? I thought it was an average of your players overall score. But I was playing ultimate team in a cup where you need a 5* team. Players needed resting and it wouldn't let me play the next match as the team dropped to a 4.5* team.
    I swapped my keeper to a lower rated one and my team rating went back to 5*??[
    /QUOTE]

Maybe the team chemistry would have had something to do with it, as team chemistry seems important in Fifa Ultimate Team
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    A video review of the PS4 version http://youtu.be/gXRKPgWaue4
  • Duncan JDuncan J Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selling this god awful version. The ball feels like a brick and it's virtually impossible to play on manual pass mode (I've never played any other way) as that extra split second required to make decent pass means defenders always get to you.
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    im just not sure about fifa 14, at times its amazing and the best fifa ever, but often it just seems to be a turgid mess, where i cant pass/shoot, feels like your playing in heavy mud.

too many offsides still
    delay/lag when shooting
    when tackling ball goes straight back to cpu
    cpu turn turn turns keeps ball , i make one turn get tackled
    cpu makes great run, i play ball he suddenly stopped
    i often know when the cpu will score , can often call it
  • gothergother Posts: 14,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked EA for my money back last week , i'm still awaiting a reply lol.
    I know i'm not going to get a refund i only did it to see if EA would respond or not.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't see most of my most recently played people. If I want to send someone a message I have to remember their gamertag and enter it manually and it's impossible to mute people.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been noticed by more people as it's quite annoying.

I know it's a little immature but when you play one of those boring people who only pick 5* sides and they refuse to pick an equal team it's quite nice just to send them a cheeky message when you've just hammered Real Madrid using a 3* team! :D
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    i really wish 2K Sports would give EA run for there money!

They seem to have come a long long way and would be great if they could make a football game, maybe a few licences to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I agree about 2k, they already destroyed EA with NBA 2k series, but I dont think theyll be able to break into the soccer market and shouldnt try either.

EA have gone the keys to the soccer game market with the licenses and to be honest, a game without licenses doesnt impress me. Plus there are already two soccer games out, so I dont think 2K will make much profit.
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    So Career mode, are certain games scripted??
    been sacked twice already, at times cpu seem unbeatable
    beat top of league easily, bottom club plays me off the pitch, i can barely get the bloody ball, as they just keep to the half turn to keep the ball, i try that get tackled straight away.

Bloody fifa 14, think ill trade it in, wait till next gen

also thank EA there is no pace in the game!
  • westy89westy89 Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    STeely wrote: »
    So Career mode, are certain games scripted??
    been sacked twice already, at times cpu seem unbeatable
    beat top of league easily, bottom club plays me off the pitch, i can barely get the bloody ball, as they just keep to the half turn to keep the ball, i try that get tackled straight away.

Bloody fifa 14, think ill trade it in, wait till next gen

also thank EA there is no pace in the game!

Played my career mode last night as Arsenal, beat Utd and Chelsea fairly easily and then played Huddersfield in the league cup hardly had a touch of the ball and lost 2-0. I don't know who they had playing at the back but they were all quicker than Walcott and Chamberlain.

I'm slowly giving up on the game 13 was a decent game but they seem to have broken 14. I may get rid and go back to 13.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the last update has anyone else had any issues with online crashing? It now sometimes crashes if the opposition quits, with it freezing on the screen that says press "A" to continue.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Can you play through a season just against the AI? :confused:

We've been wanting to co-op through a season against the computer, but it seems the only option is either to play friendlies, or play a season online, which is disappointing if true.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on 14 on the 360 - but I caved in and got it with my ps4, have to say Im loving it so far. The only thing that grates on me is the overpowered lob passes which I hope gets patched, but it doesnt seem to be abused too much yet - Im still in the lower leagues in online seasons so that could be why.

There's no big sweeping differences to last gen but it just feels alot slicker and no where near as frustrating to play
  • jubalcjubalc Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Im loving Fifa 14. So much better than the current gen fifa14 which was horrible to play. The balance just wasnt right.

The ps4 version has the correct balance, better animations, graphics ect. When I lose i dont feel angry/upset due to the AI taking over my players. Lost few games yesterday online and was all my fault and for the first time I couldnt blame anyone. :D

Agree with lisa that Chipped through balls are over powered. Also they could improve the player positioning but I feel really encouraged for the future.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I gave up on 14 on the 360 - but I caved in and got it with my ps4, have to say Im loving it so far. The only thing that grates on me is the overpowered lob passes which I hope gets patched, but it doesnt seem to be abused too much yet - Im still in the lower leagues in online seasons so that could be why.

There's no big sweeping differences to last gen but it just feels alot slicker and no where near as frustrating to play

scripting is still apparent. that's non negotiable with me. i don't like pes,i don't like fifa. no footy game for me this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jubalc wrote: »
    Agree with lisa that Chipped through balls are over powered. Also they could improve the player positioning but I feel really encouraged for the future.

I know what you mean about the player positioning, Im not finding it a massive issue but I have noticed it a few times - but deffo looks promising for the future!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this a while back (late to the party, I know!!) and been playing career mode. Really don't know what I have to do to secure a regular starting spot. Top scorer and assists in most competitions most of the time and yet I can be left out of the side for weeks on end - i think I was left out of the side for 6 weeks once after scoring a hat trick in one game!.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game is pissing me off now. Got picked for England for the World Cup. Was picked for the second group game, the last 16 game and then the semi final - basically alternate games.

Once I saw I was picked for the semi, I knew i wouldn't be picked for the final.

Considering i scored a hat-trick in the semi and laid on the 4th goal against Russia, it was rather annoying :)