Pick get the UK rights to Z Nation

Comments

• SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Each epsiode of Z Nation keeps getting better and better, great show just as The Walking Dead is. To bad what happened to the character who died he was a great character they could of kept him around.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Each epsiode of Z Nation keeps getting better and better, great show just as The Walking Dead is. To bad what happened to the character who died he was a great character they could of kept him around.

It's much dramatic when leading characters die
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    It's much dramatic when leading characters die

Z Nation sure has great leading characters with good character development, it's great we are seeing the background on the main characters. The solider from the first epsiode he would've been great to have as a main character. It's good the characters are not staying in one place nice to see new areas when they keep moving. Also seeing Zombies in a tornado was something new and interesting to see.

The Walking Dead should use a bit of bad weather in their epsiodes.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    good episode tonight, was surprised when Murphy bit that guy, loved Roberta at the end although i think she had the infinite ammo cheat on
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good episode tonight, was surprised when Murphy bit that guy, loved Roberta at the end although i think she had the infinite ammo cheat on

Interesting plot development that the guy he bit didn't turn.

Yes it was a another very good episode.
    I enjoy the Walking Dead too, but Z Nation is just so consistently good as every episode is entertaining, and if anything it seems to get better as the story progresses.

I loved the reference of a massive horde of zombies as a zonami. Even the trashy aspects such as this add to it to make it such an addictively enjoyable watch.
    I also enjoyed the slow-mo bullets tracing through the environment in this episode. It was just so well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that Arthur Daley/Del Boy type character comes back
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this possible new method of spreading immunity though if Murphy keeps leaving teeth behind he'll be needing some din-chewers.

For the infinite-ammo cheat, there's always the possibility of a speedloader - I didn't actually count but it definitely *seemed* more than six.

I thought the episode was an interesting 'balancing example' compared to last week's no-guns scenario - the 'magic bullet' ricochets were done really well - is this the first 'died on the can' appearance or have there been others?

I was going to make a remark of 'ride the zunami' based on half a memory right up until I remembered the original expression and what it meant and had a fit of the 'ew's :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a slightly belated one inspired by last week and the zombie breakout in the mess hall, if humans in a zombie apocalypse have a punch-up, that's technically a food fight isn't it...?

(and I'm suspecting I read this somewhere before)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still trying to figure out why this episode was cropped?
    still delighted that it was :D
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    This is a very good show. Same themes as TWD but lighter in mood which is a bonus I think. Why did they kill off that Chris guy though? I liked him! He was a natural leader! Still annoyed they killed off the black soldier at the start!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    This is a very good show. Same themes as TWD but lighter in mood which is a bonus I think. Why did they kill off that Chris guy though? I liked him! He was a natural leader! Still annoyed they killed off the black soldier at the start!!

That's precisely why he was killed off, it will also force the female soldier to step up to the plate and become leader
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two actors that got killed off are in high demand, they have been in loads of US drama series, so I doubt the plot was what drove their removal. They had other TV project to do.

And I will ask again, just how dumb were the SyFy channel to sell the UK / Irl rights to this cool series to Sky, when the SyFy channel has nothiing but shark and hurricane tv movie tosh on it ?

The management are dumber than zombies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... And I will ask again, just how dumb were the SyFy channel to sell the UK / Irl rights to this cool series to Sky, when the SyFy channel has nothing but shark and hurricane tv movie tosh on it ? ...
    Possibly they thought it might get more coverage? This might seem an odd thing to say but every episode starts with a few seconds fade in/out of "A SyFy Original Series" which might be part of the thinking.
    It's also possible they got more for the rights than they thought they were going to get for advertising - or they needed a cash lump guaranteed instead of hoping the advertisers would pay up on time?

Unless on a channel already as you say well-populated with ravenous sea creatures and weather phenomena, they didn't want to take the chance that an Asylum production might take them over quota...?
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    The two actors that got killed off are in high demand, they have been in loads of US drama series, so I doubt the plot was what drove their removal. They had other TV project to do.

And I will ask again, just how dumb were the SyFy channel to sell the UK / Irl rights to this cool series to Sky, when the SyFy channel has nothiing but shark and hurricane tv movie tosh on it ?

I suppose it's also possible that the actors doubted that the show was going to be a hit (cheapo TWD knock off) so only signed up for limited episode runs.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member

If that is so then fair enough, however as Charlie was my favourite character (closely followed by 10K) then I'm probably done watching
    I have loved it - great fast zombies, good characters and scenarios ( I am also a huge fan on TWD) but you need enduring characters in order to engage with it and we have an ever dwindling bunch.
    Such a shame, it could have been great
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    If that is so then fair enough, however as Charlie was my favourite character (closely followed by 10K) then I'm probably done watching
    I have loved it - great fast zombies, good characters and scenarios ( I am also a huge fan on TWD) but you need enduring characters in order to engage with it and we have an ever dwindling bunch.
    Such a shame, it could have been great

to be fair though the original cast of TWD dwindled as the show progressed

new ones come in

maybe we'll get the sharpshooter girl and her dad teaming up with our group as they flee the horde
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    to be fair though the original cast of TWD dwindled as the show progressed

new ones come in

maybe we'll get the sharpshooter girl and her dad teaming up with our group as they flee the horde

I hope so, I feel we also need another strong mature male (I'm not taking about Doc!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I hope so, I feel we also need another strong mature male (I'm not taking about Doc!)
    Stuff that, 10K won the 50-cal fair and square and then let his hormones give it away :mad: This is the only way he's going to get it back and those two will be worthy additions to the team. On the one hand they are in the middle of Completely Nowhere but on the other there aren't that many roads and they are all running away from the zunami so there's at least a halfway chance they will bump into each other again.

Hopefully ammo for it isn't too hard to find because we need to be sure that 10K and his new special friend (and the girl :p) will continue to be able to pull off those excellent thread-the-donut 3000-yard miracle shots which are inevitably needed from time to time.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    good episode, was not a big fan of murphy before this episode but now dislike him even more
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The epsiodes are starting to be a bit too similar week-to-week now. New town, same zombie swarm, they hide and run, couple of random hanger-on they meet get munched and the mast cast escapes. Sort of Star Trek with dead flesh.

Definitely missing the National Guard leader who was killed two weeks ago, it seems all drama series need a strong male lead actor to pull the narrative along.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^don't agree with your "same zombie swarm" thing. Sure each ep has a zombie swarm but I think the series is trying real hard to give us a variety of zombie types.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So.........what was happening at the end ?

OK, I get that Citizen Z was hallucinating the Russian chap because the air had been corrupted and he'd knocked off the 'impure air' warning beeper

But I thought he fixed the air when we saw him turning those buttons green

So was he leaving the station at the end with the dog ?

Why ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Help I'm conflicted! First we have Murphy :eek: and then we have Murphy :cry:

So they got lucky with the zunami *this time* and with any large wave it's going to be sloshing around a bit, does it bounce straight back when it hits the coast, or is the sea going to become very interesting for navigation?

With the unexpected visitor, I think given all the clues everyone would surely have been leaning towards the truth when he used Citizen Z's real name. The suit could easily have been clean due to not being used much but the pristine white long johns - now that I look back this should have been the most blatant '/trout' of a clue :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    ... So was he leaving the station at the end with the dog ? ...
    I don't think so - I think he had just twigged that it might be a good idea to get our from time to time for the proverbial (and literal) bit of fresh air. Realising that you're going stir crazy is only the start of coming back from the direction of going completely mental so it might be some time yet.

What might be extra-interesting is if that hack attempt turns out to have been for real.
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,016
    Forum Member
    Yeah I thought it was a decent episode, not the usual swarm of zombies type. Really I thought the group caught up in the zunami was secondary to the Citizen Z hallucination storyline.
    I know Murphy has attacked and bit someone in a previous episode but I was still shocked at letting that zombie into the house to cover his tracks. That's what I like about Z Nation it goes that extra length.