Options

Three in a Bed | New Series | Wednesday 18th March '15 - Ch4 - 8pm

Comments

• Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going back to Ray in Crewe, I have had two dealings with his pub.

The first was a few years ago when my son and I went to watch a football match at nearby Crewe Alex. We were summarily refused entry because the (Liverpudlian) doormen thought we were away fans (we were but with no obvious sign) despite me being older that Ray and living just a few miles away. Manager's orders was the reason and it appears it also applied to any thirsty visitor who was not regaled in Crewe colours. Not impressed when you see the students who go in and worse come out.

The second time was at Christmas when I ordered a pint of beer on Boxing Day and he unapologetically informed me how had run out of draught beer. They had sold out on Christmas Day. No beer at Christmas and no apologies, just a take it or leave attitude. Awful.

He used to be a submariner in the Navy. He has photos of his boat all over the bar. Normal sailors regard submariners as a bit strange.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to Ray in Crewe, I have had two dealings with his pub.

The first was a few years ago when my son and I went to watch a football match at nearby Crewe Alex. We were summarily refused entry because the (Liverpudlian) doormen thought we were away fans (we were but with no obvious sign) despite me being older that Ray and living just a few miles away. Manager's orders was the reason and it appears it also applied to any thirsty visitor who was not regaled in Crewe colours. Not impressed when you see the students who go in and worse come out.

The second time was at Christmas when I ordered a pint of beer on Boxing Day and he unapologetically informed me how had run out of draught beer. They had sold out on Christmas Day. No beer at Christmas and no apologies, just a take it or leave attitude. Awful.

He used to be a submariner in the Navy. He has photos of his boat all over the bar. Normal sailors regard submariners as a bit strange.

The perfect type of person for 4IAB then!;-)

Are you from Crewe then?
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're actually criticising someone for being right. ;-)

Having home only pubs is quite common now. There's usually at least one for away supporters only too, normally dependent on where the away section of the ground is. On this occasion it sounds like they were just following normal practice actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    The perfect type of person for 4IAB then!;-)

Are you from Crewe then?

No its is the nearest 'big place' and we have a CW postcode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're actually criticising someone for being right. ;-)

Having home only pubs is quite common now. There's usually at least one for away supporters only too, normally dependent on where the away section of the ground is. On this occasion it sounds like they were just following normal practice actually.

Sorry It is the first time I have been refused entry to a pub. I am a pensioner FFS, I do not wear scarves and I live in the Crewe area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its is the nearest 'big place' and we have a CW postcode

:) Thanks.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry It is the first time I have been refused entry to a pub. I am a pensioner FFS, I do not wear scarves and I live in the Crewe area.
    I've been refused before too despite being a neutral. It's annoying but sadly the decent supporter majority suffer again thanks to the minority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been refused before too despite being a neutral. It's annoying but sadly the decent supporter majority suffer again thanks to the minority.

This decent supporter supporter was only refused at the pub of Popeye the Sailor Man and Olive Oyl.

I am pretty local, a fellow pensioner and a fellow ex serviceman. Any one of three should have been OK:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not on tonight. >:(
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's going on? It hasn't been on all week. Have C4 canned the show? Who wants to watch Ice Age for the billionth time?
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're mucking around with it again aren't they. >:( None this week but evidently then another new one next week. No logic to it. I swear that at times it looks like they are trying to deliberately lose whatever audience this show gets! :o
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    They're mucking around with it again aren't they. >:( None this week but evidently then another new one next week. No logic to it. I swear that at times it looks like they are trying to deliberately lose whatever audience this show gets! :o

I agree with you. Seems they're doing all they can for it to fail.

I saw mention that one ep of Three In A Bed only got roughly 700k in the ratings. That is well below what Four In A Bed and Coach Trip get every day. Even some repeats of CDWM beat that.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It's back on on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    It's back on on Sunday.

Until it isn't.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Until it isn't.

That's true.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    What happened to this show as I am sure I only saw a couple of episodes :confused:

After tonight 4IAB they said 3IAB is back on Monday.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I only saw a couple then it disappeared :( back on Monday, YAY!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »

My tv guide says its on Sunday at 7pm :confused::confused:
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    it's on on Sunday at 7.00pm, and it says episode 5 of 6 on my planner. The daily ones starting Monday are repeats I think.

Edit .... (Sorry BG didn't see your post)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    My tv guide says its on Sunday at 7pm :confused::confused:

It's on Sunday and Monday. Are they 2 different shows :confused: As in 2 separate series :confused:
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    I take no responsibility for this so read at your peril...

My TV guide for Sunday has
    Tax accountant Vincent Frostick hosts the first visit in another three-part contest, inviting two other hotelier couples to stay at the three-star Don Guesthouse, run by his formidable 81-year-old mother Irene in Snowdonia's historic mining town of Blaenau Ffestiniog. Next up are Cath Robertson and Dave Redfearn, who hope the decadent decor of the Graydon Hotel in Blackpool will impress their fellow competitors. Finally, Jayne Little and Michael Haymes round off the competition by bringing their rivals to the eco-friendly Blackburn Lodge on the Scottish Borders, and the B&B owners convene one last time to reveal which of their venues was considered to be the most impressive
    7pm, episode 5.

Monday at 4pm, episode 1
    Three more sets of B&B owners take turns to stay with one another and pay what they consider a fair price. This edition features visits to Norfolk House B&B in Newmarket, Suffolk - the home of Brent Noble and his wife, WI president Lynne - the Cromwell Arms Pub with Rooms in Romsey, Hampshire, part-owned by Annaliese Hughes, and Full Circle Yurts in the Lake District, run by Ben Atkinson - a man so at one with nature that he never wears shoes. The week includes poetry writing, a lapse of hygiene in the bathroom, a fuss over air-conditioning and a run-in with a razor
    Repeat, obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone here?
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone here?

Evening. The Don looks quite nice if a little weird.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here!

The first place looks better inside than it does outside!