The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what to think about this. She's not giving anything away. People are pestering her a lot and if she is not revealing anything because she's not allowed to then she would at least tweet something like "Don't worry guys. Be patient. There are certain things I can't reveal/say right now. Just be patient". That's all she needs to do. But the fact that she's not even doing anything like that makes me worried. If there were U.S plans in the pipeline, then I don't think she'd be saying things like "U.S takes time". It's obvious from her saying that, that she won't be going to the U.S anytime in the near future. Sorry, but if she had plans to go to the U.S then she would not be devoting time to this bloody Billy Holiday thing and talking about doing a movie. It's looking increasingly obvious that the reason she's dabbling in these other avenues is because the music thing isn't going well at the moment. Musically, I think her next release will unfortunately be in the U.K. It's a bad move in my opinion...nothing has been done to rectify the issues and problems from last time round. She'll flop. It's the U.S where she needs to go and then come back to the U.K after she's made some sort of impact over there. Saying that though, it's not her decision to launch in the U.S...she may want to, but I think it's obvious now that she doesn't have the backing :(. She won the show in 2008...we're now in 2013 and she's not released a thing over there. I hate to say it, but I think if she was ever going to release anything there then it would have happened by now. Her tweets and actions lately also indicate that she won't be going in my opinion.

I know what you mean. But she doesn't want to jinx anything. She's being very MJ/Beyonce esque about everything. As long as the albm is seriously good and they fixed her relation with Capital, she'll sell. And he should be able to get her big promo. We gotta see. Alexs issue is her demographic is casual sadly. Shes gotta change that. Whilst working on the album she can do PR stuff whicb she is. For me, Im happy she's singing the Billie stuff. I want her to be a vocalist first and foremost. It sells albums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's mingin, and very cringey also :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I agree with Master Ozzy for once! I don't think things are particularly great regarding US plans- doesn't seem to me like she has much backing therefore nothing big is going to happen, not any time soon anyway.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trannyfierce strikes again....

Basic hoe

LMAO. That MANda makes me laugh...:o
    Forum Member
    Oh and I agree with Master Ozzy for once! I don't think things are particularly great regarding US plans- doesn't seem to me like she has much backing therefore nothing big is going to happen, not any time soon anyway.

I don't know. She has a ww distribution deal with RCA the HOH singles were released ww. I think she's more concerned with her public image which I can understand. She needs to really think of the future. God...if one has to get on their knees for a deal...do it! I mean y'all saw Emeli at the Olympics? ;)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    LMAO. That MANda makes me laugh...:o

I see what you did there...:D
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    alex said to me it takes time my dear so i defo think she will go to US.. but not ready to reveal stuff yet.

she's keeping quiet on purpose because she knows how fast the industry can change... she seemed really confident on her future though with material, the 'take seats' etc haha she was like 'TRUSTTT MEEEEE.. when you hear... they will be taking seats'

and jaquel wouldn't exactly overhype alex for the sake of it.
    i'm positive she'll win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    alex said to me it takes time my dear so i defo think she will go to US.. but not ready to reveal stuff yet.

she's keeping quiet on purpose because she knows how fast the industry can change... she seemed really confident on her future though with material, the 'take seats' etc haha she was like 'TRUSTTT MEEEEE.. when you hear... they will be taking seats'

and jaquel wouldn't exactly overhype alex for the sake of it.
    i'm positive she'll win.

I laughed at that...maybe she has got some tricks up her sleeves. I got the feeling that she was deliberately hiding and ignoring certain questions. She may have been more forthcoming in previous sessions because it was early in the process, I don't know....still I'm not going to get my hopes up too much...

But the fact that she mentioned "timing" means that there may well be things planned. I wonder if "timing" means other things falling into place...;););)

Also OT, but how do you actually pronounce your username lmao...I've never known...:o
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed at that...maybe she has got some tricks up her sleeves. I got the feeling that she was deliberately hiding and ignoring certain questions. She may have been more forthcoming in previous sessions because it was early in the process, I don't know....still I'm not going to get my hopes up too much...

But the fact that she mentioned "timing" means that there may well be things planned. I wonder if "timing" means other things falling into place...;););)

Also OT, but how do you actually pronounce your username lmao...I've never known...:o

Alex definitely seems confident.

Definitely think her and whoever her CORE and most important people are now are plotting away. This Billie holiday thing is the first phase. And it's working. Sold out shows, even if it is a small feat. Alex has staying power. The next phase I think is the show itself. She MUST slay it so the reviews are top notch and alex is propelled and branded a proper singer again up there with Leona and Adele from a media standpoint. Once that's achieved in June, I think alex will feel secure enough to slip details here and there about the project and I think by late July we'll have news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to think atm i'm just gonna try and wait patiently!! and patience isn't my strong point really but i'll try.

Hopefully she has it ALL planned out.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to think atm i'm just gonna try and wait patiently!! and patience isn't my strong point really but i'll try.

I really feel like in the US she's worked with a big producer (other than Rico)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Just went on HOH page on iTunes and noticed loads of people that bought it have also bought Leona Lewis' Glassheart...

Just wish both of them could recreate the Brandy & monica magic on the boy is mine...they've got more to gain than lose at this point..
    Forum Member

It needs to be and i bet it will. I was fuming hoh had no plan. It was ridiculous. She knows whats at stake. I love our girl but she probz hates not being top dog. It'll make her work. She does well against adversity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/driickygraham/status/318207895885971457

Looks like that Driicky collaboration could be real and maybe produced by the Phantom Boyz, since he appears to know them, and they produced Bad Boys....

It could be interesting if Alex is planning on becoming a hook girl as that will gain her a wider fanbase in the US. Hopefully she's done more features.
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/driickygraham/status/318207895885971457

Looks like that Driicky collaboration could be real and maybe produced by the Phantom Boyz, since he appears to know them, and they produced Bad Boys....

It could be interesting if Alex is planning on becoming a hook girl as that will gain her a wider fanbase in the US. Hopefully she's done more features.

I hope so. She had too many features here which were not necessary and not enough international ones. She needs an Enrique and Pitbull one for the latin market. She's known in Spanish speaking countries. She should try with Pablo Alboran too. Huge in Spain and Portugal. Their charts are heavily radio influenced so a collab with a big star there would do wonders. She should think of Brazil too...Im sure they would stan easily and sales arr good there.
    Forum Member
    Gomz wrote: »
    Just went on HOH page on iTunes and noticed loads of people that bought it have also bought Leona Lewis' Glassheart...

Just wish both of them could recreate the Brandy & monica magic on the boy is mine...they've got more to gain than lose at this point..

Now THAT would be good. Because people would sit up and pay attention!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is a bad quality video but this is one of my favourite performances from Alex. She looked amazing. And this was when more people loved her :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNQUsHzUurI

She looked so good

And on this one too.

I actually liked the eyes for once.
  • CoventryBeeCoventryBee Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfkuv1msW8

Just look at the audience interaction, it's so sad that she can't do this anymore because she's hated by the majority of the GP. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra was pretty much unstoppable in 2010.
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alex did become more confident from that era to this one if you look at her 2010 interviews against her celebrity juice appearance you can see it, not that it's a bad thing at all! There is just a clear difference
    Forum Member
    They looked good. I think its radio. She had hit after hit and was liked too. You heard and saw her a lot. I think she can get it back although damage has been done. The problem is many think she isn't good/as talented as she is for some bizarre reason. I just pray they vocally get those songs to the level she needs and they show off the power in her mid-bottom off her upper register with belts (ieCandyman/BB/Daylight Robbery/Hallelujah).
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I think Alex did become more confident from that era to this one if you look at her 2010 interviews against her celebrity juice appearance you can see it, not that it's a bad thing at all! There is just a clear difference

I dont think it was confidence. She was too damn hyper altogether. You have to play the game and she stopped doing that. Look at Beyonce, the bigger she gets the less she says, almoat like a drone (and I stan but its true). The CB Juice was funny for me necause my family have a similar joky culture. Most English families do not. Sadly she forgot that. But she learned fast. But I didnt like her demeanour when talking to Jameela Jamil on C4 about Elephant 'its a different kind of Elephant babes' it was like she was a woman possessed. She can be funny but she needs to toe the line right. We know people will and do view her differently and I hope she doesnt forget that. As someone on TGJ said: she's representin' along with Kelly Rowland...and they can't forget it.
    Forum Member
    I think Radio is the biggest issue. If Capital get back on board then we can act like HOH did not happen... ( I DO LOVE HOH THOUGH!!!)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today I am:

overjoyed at how fresh and current 'Overcome' still sounds.

annoyed at how shit RCA are and they screwed Alexandra over. :mad:

irritated by watching Jessie J on the voice. And people say Alexandra is annoying and fake? At least she doesn't say she's a great singer.
    :rolleyes:

excited for the positive reaction that I know Alex will recieve from audience and critics alike when she performs her Billie tribute gigs. I mean Holiday of course and not billie Piper. Although she had some cheesy tunes to rival SWY. ;)
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Today I am:

overjoyed at how fresh and current 'Overcome' still sounds.

annoyed at how shit RCA are and they screwed Alexandra over. :mad:

irritated by watching Jessie J on the voice. And people say Alexandra is annoying and fake? At least she doesn't say she's a great singer.
    :rolleyes:

excited for the positive reaction that I know Alex will recieve from audience and critics alike when she performs her Billie tribute gigs. I mean Holiday of course and not billie Piper. Although she had some cheesy tunes to rival SWY. ;)

The Voice UK is a mess.It really doesn't help when Will makes it sound as if she's some sort of vocal powerhouse either...:rolleyes:

All this waiting around for news should be worth it,it should be after seeing Alex's reply to one particular tweet in the #AskAlex session. :D
This discussion has been closed.