Options

The Sanatorium (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, thought I'd pop over and see your reaction. Glad to see you're as smatty as our thread.
    Haha :D A bit of smut makes the world go round :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, as I sit here fuming I'm going to write down what's happened, or what I know of what is happening to make me angry (I'm no good at being angry).

On Friday Laura got home from school and quite quickly disappeared into her room. I found her face down on the bed, that always means that something upsetting has happened at school. I asked her what it was and, as far as I can tell from her disjointed wording, her best friend Lauren and her nemesis Sapphire were playing together, Laura wanted to play too and one or both of them told her to go away, so Laura pushed Sapphire. She was told off at school so I didn't tell her off again. Anyway, that seemed to be that.

On the Saturday Laura went to Lauren's birthday celebrations at Burger King and then back to Lauren's house, there were several kids there. I went to pick her up, Lauren's Mum Wai told me she'd told them both off several times for neglecting one of the other kids there who was staying the night with Lauren that night. She is a Downs girl as is Lauren. Anyway, they were all playing so I sat down and had a tea and a gossip with Wai for about an hour.

Lauren's Dad and some of the other kids were watching a DVD in the living-room. Eventually Lauren ended up in there and had a bit of a tantrum about the DVD. They were all getting pretty tired, well past their sell-by-date lol. All the other kids had left and Lauren and Laura were alone in the living-room. Laura ran out and headed for the bedroom as Lauren started crying. I guessed that something had happened and went to find Laura - I asked her if she'd hit Lauren and she said yes, Lauren wanted to watch the DVD and I think Laura had felt ignored. I made her apologise and we got ready to leave. Her mother said it was fine, and that Lauren was very forgiving.

On the Monday morning I got a phone call from Lauren's Dad - he has been there when I've been to their house and when we all went to Chinese New Year, but never seems very friendly to me. He asked me what had happened at the school on the Friday and that the had an issue about the supervision at school. I felt quite flustered and put on the spot so I told him what Laura had told me or what I had understood from what she told me.

So this evening Laura tells me that she's not allowed to play with Lauren anymore at school. I was stunned by that as they have been best friends for so long. I feel sure she's misinterpreted something, but Laura was going on about how Lauren has spoiled Three Ways (School) for her now and muttered a few other things. I quickly sent off an e-mail to school, copied to Lauren's Mum, asking what on earth was going on if somebody could tell me.

I feel pretty angry, more about not being told what has been said, what is going on etc. I am fairly certain nobody has told Laura she can't play with Lauren as that would be a huge overreaction to a situation - I've been asking them to keep Sapphire away from Laura for years to no avail, so if this situation is as Laura says I shall be more than angry. I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't been invited to the party!

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

End of rant... for now!
  • Options
    JJJ_finlandJJJ_finland Posts: 9,044
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but I'm gonna talk about Eurovision again.....:p

We are getting closer and closer to the announcement of who is gonna represent UK.....

Who will it be?

Bonnie Tyler
    Kim Wilde
    Bonnie Langford
    Girls Aloud
    Alesha Dixon
    Kimberly Walsh
    Shirley Bassey

These are all names that have been thrown around by british media. :D And some say UK doesn't care :D
  • Options
    irishlaurelsirishlaurels Posts: 23,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Seeing the video I imagine something was a grower ;):D

:eek:Ali!!!!!!!:eek:.....;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, as I sit here fuming I'm going to write down what's happened, or what I know of what is happening to make me angry (I'm no good at being angry).

On Friday Laura got home from school and quite quickly disappeared into her room. I found her face down on the bed, that always means that something upsetting has happened at school. I asked her what it was and, as far as I can tell from her disjointed wording, her best friend Lauren and her nemesis Sapphire were playing together, Laura wanted to play too and one or both of them told her to go away, so Laura pushed Sapphire. She was told off at school so I didn't tell her off again. Anyway, that seemed to be that.

On the Saturday Laura went to Lauren's birthday celebrations at Burger King and then back to Lauren's house, there were several kids there. I went to pick her up, Lauren's Mum Wai told me she'd told them both off several times for neglecting one of the other kids there who was staying the night with Lauren that night. She is a Downs girl as is Lauren. Anyway, they were all playing so I sat down and had a tea and a gossip with Wai for about an hour.

Lauren's Dad and some of the other kids were watching a DVD in the living-room. Eventually Lauren ended up in there and had a bit of a tantrum about the DVD. They were all getting pretty tired, well past their sell-by-date lol. All the other kids had left and Lauren and Laura were alone in the living-room. Laura ran out and headed for the bedroom as Lauren started crying. I guessed that something had happened and went to find Laura - I asked her if she'd hit Lauren and she said yes, Lauren wanted to watch the DVD and I think Laura had felt ignored. I made her apologise and we got ready to leave. Her mother said it was fine, and that Lauren was very forgiving.

On the Monday morning I got a phone call from Lauren's Dad - he has been there when I've been to their house and when we all went to Chinese New Year, but never seems very friendly to me. He asked me what had happened at the school on the Friday and that the had an issue about the supervision at school. I felt quite flustered and put on the spot so I told him what Laura had told me or what I had understood from what she told me.

So this evening Laura tells me that she's not allowed to play with Lauren anymore at school. I was stunned by that as they have been best friends for so long. I feel sure she's misinterpreted something, but Laura was going on about how Lauren has spoiled Three Ways (School) for her now and muttered a few other things. I quickly sent off an e-mail to school, copied to Lauren's Mum, asking what on earth was going on if somebody could tell me.

I feel pretty angry, more about not being told what has been said, what is going on etc. I am fairly certain nobody has told Laura she can't play with Lauren as that would be a huge overreaction to a situation - I've been asking them to keep Sapphire away from Laura for years to no avail, so if this situation is as Laura says I shall be more than angry. I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't been invited to the party!

End of rant... for now!

Oh dear....I hope you get this sorted ....for the girls sake...especially as they have been friends for so long.
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member

End of rant... for now!

I m afraid some of this is fairly 'normal' behaviour. I can still remember my oldests bitchy school squabbles, with some of her so called friends. :(

I found out 5 or 6 years after the event, that the girls in my daughters class, in year 6 , bearing in mind there were only 8 or 9 of them in a class of 22 boys..... had had a fight in school, where they ended up wrestling on the floor....

To some extent it is a bit of a storm in a teacup, cos incidents happen and do end up being a huge issue one day and totally forgotten about the next, and they often seem to revolve around this two is company ....three is a crowd kind of scenario.

So I would imagine everything will blow over and be back to normal again soon.

But....its not easy to go through , or to try and explain to Laura that she mustnt hit her friends when she is angry...:(

and as its so important to Laura, you really do need to find out what on earth is going on, and to try and resolve it amicably for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but I'm gonna talk about Eurovision again.....:p

We are getting closer and closer to the announcement of who is gonna represent UK.....

Who will it be?

Bonnie Tyler
    Kim Wilde
    Bonnie Langford
    Girls Aloud
    Alesha Dixon
    Kimberly Walsh
    Shirley Bassey

These are all names that have been thrown around by british media. :D And some say UK doesn't care :D

:D

maybe you are right...maybe it should just be an occasion for a huge party.....

and it is nice to have something that reminds us all that we are part of europe....

roll on eurovision........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the Richard Curtis film last night, Mary and Martha.
    Very moving. Tad sentimental. But great performances from Brenda Blethyn and Hilary Swank.
    How ironic though that as we're trying to knock malaria on the head in Africa, other old diseases which everyone thought had gone, are rearing their ugly heads again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    which diseases are these that are coming back?

it is scary how we can do so much,,,but not eradicate things enough.....
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Hope you girls are good.:)xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Hope you girls are good.:)xx

Hope you are good too, girl ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kfb wrote: »
    Hope you are good too, girl ;):)

And where have you been hiding? :eek

Sorry about this. My brain is totally scrambled. Good question for me, though, even if it was directed at Sarah :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CS Whats up with your poss today? :) They look a bit :confused: to me:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CS Whats up with your poss today? :) They look a bit :confused: to me:D

:D I gave up in the end.
    Totally lost the plot :o:eek::confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you been drinking Kay?:DOr you just lost the plot?:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hiya!
    No - the drinking came later :cool: I didn't dare post anything then :o

Hope you're following the entertaining twitter exchange ;):D
    Great for a Sunday afternoon.
    Much better than the footie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hiya!

Post away,no one will judge:pWe might laugh though:cool:

Nope,i'm on Twitter,but i don't get those kind of tweets,as i don't follow,though seen 2 retweets on my TL.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya!

Evening Kay:) Just read all the twitter exchange.....nothing changes does it;)

I think i'll be taking a walk to the lake tonight:eek:......computer is driving me mad:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening Kay:) Just read all the twitter exchange.....nothing changes does it;)

I think i'll be taking a walk to the lake tonight:eek:......computer is driving me mad:mad:

Oh dear! I'm dreading anything happening to mine as it's got all my work on it.

You watching Mayday? Got the stamina to keep up with it this week?
    Looks good.
  • Options
    Dongle44Dongle44 Posts: 36,311
    Forum Member

End of rant... for now!

muggins

have you got this sorted yet

I so hope you have as this is not a nice place for Laura or you to be
  • Options
    Forum Member

tend to agree :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear! I'm dreading anything happening to mine as it's got all my work on it.

You watching Mayday? Got the stamina to keep up with it this week?
    Looks good.

have you not got a back up :eek: think that is required immediately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another brilliant new Pink song.
    Just love the lyrics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQFFLBMEPI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys, sorry neglected the ST a bit - not been in the best of moods what with my back being the way it is at the moment.
    augusta92 wrote: »
    I m afraid some of this is fairly 'normal' behaviour. I can still remember my oldests bitchy school squabbles, with some of her so called friends. :(

I found out 5 or 6 years after the event, that the girls in my daughters class, in year 6 , bearing in mind there were only 8 or 9 of them in a class of 22 boys..... had had a fight in school, where they ended up wrestling on the floor....

To some extent it is a bit of a storm in a teacup, cos incidents happen and do end up being a huge issue one day and totally forgotten about the next, and they often seem to revolve around this two is company ....three is a crowd kind of scenario.

So I would imagine everything will blow over and be back to normal again soon.

But....its not easy to go through , or to try and explain to Laura that she mustnt hit her friends when she is angry...:(

and as its so important to Laura, you really do need to find out what on earth is going on, and to try and resolve it amicably for them.
    The difficulties arise cause they are all have different levels of need and comprehension of situations and behaviour.
    Watched the Richard Curtis film last night, Mary and Martha.
    Very moving. Tad sentimental. But great performances from Brenda Blethyn and Hilary Swank.
    How ironic though that as we're trying to knock malaria on the head in Africa, other old diseases which everyone thought had gone, are rearing their ugly heads again.
    I remember I had malaria twice when we lived in Africa. Even with access to the medication necessary, and salt which is vital, it isn't a pleasant experience.
    And where have you been hiding? :eek

Sorry about this. My brain is totally scrambled. Good question for me, though, even if it was directed at Sarah :rolleyes:
    I laughed so hard at this ... and wondered the same ... stranger! lol
    Dongle44 wrote: »
    muggins

have you got this sorted yet

I so hope you have as this is not a nice place for Laura or you to be
    sort of sorted - they have been encouraged to play separately for a while, a cooling down period if you will.