Is anyone else HORRIFIED by the new assistant

2»

Comments

• diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a hell of a lot better than Freema "I can only play the one character with one expression for every emotion" Agyeman.

Freema was pretty bad but really watch pompeii again shocking acting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diyqueen wrote: »
    Freema was pretty bad but really watch pompeii again shocking acting

Whom in particular (aside from Mr Stone Arm that is)? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Catherine Tate was marvellous in Fires of Pompeii, all that "don't go to the beach" stuff...brought a little tear to my eye if I'm honest :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris84 wrote: »
    I thought Catherine Tate was marvellous in Fires of Pompeii, all that "don't go to the beach" stuff...brought a little tear to my eye if I'm honest :o

Floods of tears at Wilf's "Labour camps" speech in "Turn Left" :o
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was we proved wrong with Catherine Tate her acting is shocking in most of the episodes the "Pompeii" one is cringing (I'm just re watching them on bbc3)

Regardless of whether YOU changed your view on her, her detractors got it VERY wrong as to how the MAJORITY of the audience would view her...all those threads and posts predicting series 4 would be a disaster because of CT...lmao!!! That's where people got it wrong, that and the way that Tate being adored by most people. Very funny it was how after just one episode 80% of DS posters voted CT ethier great or very good in the role....this from the same forum where 70% voted that they didn't want her to take the part.

Anyway, if you think her acting is poor in TFOP there really is no hope for you....;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether YOU changed your view on her, her detractors got it VERY wrong as to how the MAJORITY of the audience would view her...all those threads and posts predicting series 4 would be a disaster because of CT...lmao!!!
    If I recall, that was one or two of the usual (now departed) suspects. Most just thought they wouldn't like her.
    Anyway, if you think her acting is poor in TFOP there really is no hope for you....;)
    I wasn't bowled over by it, either. Is there even a glimmer of hope for me? :confused:
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    Is there even a glimmer of hope for me? :confused:

Depends, do you believe in fairies? :p
  • Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll send you a pick is you let me have your email. I am beautiful and a successful model

Well here's an idea then "Miss Britain 2008"....why don't you put a pic of yourself on Photobucket and paste the link here?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Regardless of whether YOU changed your view on her, her detractors got it VERY wrong as to how the MAJORITY of the audience would view her...

Exactly. I wasn't thrilled when she was announced, but was one of those people won over before the end of Partners in Crime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe that they have picked someone so scary looking. I know its not a very feminist thing to say but really, I will be watching a)out of my love for the show and b) a perverse curiosity as to just how this person will compensate for thier looks with their acting ability. I feel like starting a petition. URGH

Whoa! Hold On! i think Jo Brand will make a great assistant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a perverse curiosity as to just how this person will compensate for thier looks with their acting ability.

I am just wondering why looks have anything to do with any of it? I understand the fact that most people on telly are thought of as pretty/handsom by most members of the public but there have been some damn fine actors/actresses in teh many years of tv and movies that were thought of as ugly by most - never stopped them from doing well or being popular in their job.

since she has the job as companion - most likly for this special only - I am sure that she has the ability to carry the role or it would not have been given to her.

as one of the not considered very pretty women of the world...I hope she blows you away come Christmas! I hope she does such a wonderful job that it knocks you on your butt with your jaw on the floor. judging someone by their looks - based on 30secs of a scene is rather shallow. Thankfully no everyone feels that way or the worlds population would have died out many years ago.
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More to do with the colour of her skin me thinks! She looks interesting, a contrast to our Doctor's Rose maybe! Both visually and in her ways etc etc. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PlasticGob wrote: »
    More to do with the colour of her skin me thinks!
    Probably the wig - it is pretty scary. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whom in particular (aside from Mr Stone Arm that is)? :confused:

Catherine Tate (thats who we were talking about)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether YOU changed your view on her, her detractors got it VERY wrong as to how the MAJORITY of the audience would view her...all those threads and posts predicting series 4 would be a disaster because of CT...lmao!!! That's where people got it wrong, that and the way that Tate being adored by most people. Very funny it was how after just one episode 80% of DS posters voted CT ethier great or very good in the role....this from the same forum where 70% voted that they didn't want her to take the part.

I don't deny she got better but she really couldn't have got worse.

i still think she wasn't the best choice but if you like doctor who (and I have since the 70's) you just get on and watch it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catherine Tate (thats who we were talking about)

Thanks for that.

It can get a bit confusing with so many simultaneous conversations/arguments/delete as appropriate in each thread.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that.

It can get a bit confusing with so many simultaneous conversations/arguments/delete as appropriate in each thread.:confused:

I know it can be a nightmare:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does look quite scary in the images on DS, but I'm sure she looks fine in the main episode.
  • Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe that they have picked someone so scary looking. I know its not a very feminist thing to say but really, I will be watching a)out of my love for the show and b) a perverse curiosity as to just how this person will compensate for thier looks with their acting ability. I feel like starting a petition. URGH

0/10 for trying to get kicks.
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How utterly sad your life must be
This discussion has been closed.