HTC Rhyme

grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New Android phone from HTC, targetted primarily at women, was announced yesterday.

I like the look of this - decent specs and a range of useful accessories:

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-rhyme/

Comments

• Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Also called the Bliss. Uses Sense 3.5

There is a ROM for Desire S, Desire Z, Desire HD which includes Sense 3.5 on the XDA dev website,. I have installed in on a Desire S it but I prefer Sense 3 so reverted back to another custom ROM.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've been looking for a replacement for my Hero, which is getting on a bit now. I've updated to Froyo, but 2.2 is about as far as it goes with stable ROMs and it struggles to run most games now. I think this new phone would be a good mid-priced replacement.
  • John MalkovichJohn Malkovich Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I wish HTC would start releasing Android phones with at least 16GB storage.

I've had two HTC phones, both of which I'm forever uninstalling new apps or trying to move them to the SD Card because there's not enough internal storage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish HTC would start releasing Android phones with at least 16GB storage.

I've had two HTC phones, both of which I'm forever uninstalling new apps or trying to move them to the SD Card because there's not enough internal storage.

Why not just move some to the SD card. Any version of Android from 2.2 onward should have the ability to do that. I've got a tiny amount of memory in my Hero so I just move stuff to card. It's very rare that I'm running so many apps at the same time that there isn't space for them all in internal.
  • GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I really like the look of that phone - but I am only in the 7th month of my desire contract with Vodafone.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    I really like the look of that phone - but I am only in the 7th month of my desire contract with Vodafone.:cry:
    I know they all claim it, but O2 said on Twitter they're getting an exclusive. It's probably only for a limited time though.

I was just impressed by the accessories - armband for use in the gym, Bluetooth headset or speaker for the car, and the little dock that turns it into an alarm clock!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    I know they all claim it, but O2 said on Twitter they're getting an exclusive. It's probably only for a limited time though.

I was just impressed by the accessories - armband for use in the gym, Bluetooth headset or speaker for the car, and the little dock that turns it into an alarm clock!

It's an O2 exclusive on contracts, but the SIM free version should be released at the same time, i.e. the end of the first week of October.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My HTC Desire S that a got nearly two weeks ago is using Sense 2.1.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    My HTC Desire S that a got nearly two weeks ago is using Sense 2.1.

Darren

Is there no official update you can download from HTC's website?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there no official update you can download from HTC's website?

Im not to sure.

Darren
  • Presenter100Presenter100 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks nice, but waiting for the HTC Runnymede or Bass as it looks like it's been renamed. Great specs.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/42030/htc-runnymede-official-picture-leaked
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks nice, but waiting for the HTC Runnymede or Bass as it looks like it's been renamed. Great specs.

That is going to sound almost hysterically bad. Anyone who genuinely thinks that the Beats audio is any good is only interesting in wuffly loose bass. The sound is diabolical, its purely a marketing machine.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »
    Im not to sure.

Darren

There is an official HTC leaked Desire S ROM with Sense 3.0 on the XDA Developers website. If its leaked, it may mean an OTA update from HTC is on the cards in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    There is an official HTC leaked Desire S ROM with Sense 3.0 on the XDA Developers website. If its leaked, it may mean an OTA update from HTC is on the cards in the future.

Thanks for the info. My desire s downloaded some sort of software update the night but it was nothing to do with the HTC Sense.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    That is going to sound almost hysterically bad. Anyone who genuinely thinks that the Beats audio is any good is only interesting in wuffly loose bass. The sound is diabolical, its purely a marketing machine.

Not that bothered about the Beats Audio, it's the rest of the specs that are interesting. I think you'll find the Beats will be added to all new phones in the future as they have paid a fortune for it.

Anyway, the reviews I've seen on Youtube all say its great, so I'll reserve judgement until I've heard it.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

HTC Runnymede/Bass is now called HTC Sensation XL. Confused? You betcha!

HTC Sensation - original
    HTC Sensation XE - souped up original with Beats Audio
    HTC Sensation XL - formerly HTC Runnymede/Bass with 4.7inch screen and Beats Audio

Seems they're trying to position the Sensation as a brand, same as they did with the Desire.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/42232/htc-sensation-xl-htc-runnymede
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    HTC Runnymede/Bass is now called HTC Sensation XL. Confused? You betcha!

HTC Sensation - original
    HTC Sensation XE - souped up original with Beats Audio
    HTC Sensation XL - formerly HTC Runnymede/Bass with 4.7inch screen and Beats Audio

Seems they're trying to position the Sensation as a brand, same as they did with the Desire.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/42232/htc-sensation-xl-htc-runnymede

LOL... So confusing! So like the Desire HD when that came out and looked nothing like the Desire or it's newer Desire S. I'll keep an eye on the Sensation XL then!
  • Sesay2000Sesay2000 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just move some to the SD card. Any version of Android from 2.2 onward should have the ability to do that. I've got a tiny amount of memory in my Hero so I just move stuff to card. It's very rare that I'm running so many apps at the same time that there isn't space for them all in internal.
    There are still frustratingly many apps that still do not allow you to transfer to the SD card. They should really now be selling phones with at least 16GB of memory. It's really not that hard.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that bothered about the Beats Audio, it's the rest of the specs that are interesting. I think you'll find the Beats will be added to all new phones in the future as they have paid a fortune for it.

Anyway, the reviews I've seen on Youtube all say its great, so I'll reserve judgement until I've heard it.

May be a good bit of kit bar the audio side; Beats audio is not famed for its quality, just for its bass. Lots of bass.