Options

Frankie & Benny's Music Appreciation Society

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
You know the music I am talking about, do you like it too?

Comments

• Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I love the music in Frankie and Benny's, I sing along all the time. Haven't gone quite so far as buying the CDs but I have been close.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it is absolutley fantastic! I love music like Sinatra that they play :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I love the music in Frankie and Benny's, I sing along all the time. Haven't gone quite so far as buying the CDs but I have been close.

I find that if you listen to it at home it doesn't have the same feel as in the restaurant but that might be because I go frequently.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music in F&B drives me crazy... Probably because the service is so spectacularly bad in every branch I've been in that I've heard every song at least twice before the starters even arrive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    You know the music I am talking about, do you like it too?

Nope, I've never been in one. The nearest one to me is 30 miles away and I only know that because I just looked on the website. They could be playing death metal for all I know :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope, I've never been in one. The nearest one to me is 30 miles away and I only know that because I just looked on the website. They could be playing death metal for all I know :D

You need to get down there they play 50's and 60's music like Beach Boys, Sinattra, Everly Brothers, Cliff Richard, Bobby Vee etc.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I do like the music in F&B's, not had bad service myself but don't go in there often.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have Italian words being played in the toilets in all the branches? The first time I went, I couldn't stop laughing i found it so strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get down there they play 50's and 60's music like Beach Boys, Sinattra, Everly Brothers, Cliff Richard, Bobby Vee etc.

Well at least I'm a bit wiser now thanks :)

If ever I do I'll post in here and let you know what I think :cool:
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Except they're all covers rather than the originals.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Do they have Italian words being played in the toilets in all the branches? The first time I went, I couldn't stop laughing i found it so strange.

Yeah they do.

Have you never needed to know how to ask where the bus station is in Italian, while peeing?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this thread should be in the music forum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »

Where is your proof?
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »

http://www.frankieandbennys.com/shop/cds

Looks like the originals to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    http://www.frankieandbennys.com/shop/cds

Looks like the originals to me.

That is what I am thinking because there is no disclaimer saying that it is covers which I am pretty sure would not be legal to have without, it also has a record label behind it.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Went in one for the first time a few weeks ago, loved it. Had gorgeous food too and it had a nice atmosphere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bump :)
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Frankie and Benny's, if they run out of certain foods they send staff to the nearest supermarket to buy the cheapest stuff they can get.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    In Frankie and Benny's, if they run out of certain foods they send staff to the nearest supermarket to buy the cheapest stuff they can get.

Thats convenient. The one near me is about 100 yards from Asda!
  • Options
    scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda don't mind the music but the amount of times I have to hear Cliff flaming Richards because of people's birthdays...really annoys me >:(
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,956
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

What do you think other restaurants do? I doubt anyone going to Frankie & Benny's is expecting the finest of ingredients.
  • Options
    megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love the music in frankie and bennys .... love the whole setting!!. i would love to visit a resturarant that had a 1940's vibe... with the 1940's music in the background etc
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about the food though, in every Frankie and Benny's I've ever been in its been crap.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,956
    Forum Member
    Shame about the food though, in every Frankie and Benny's I've ever been in its been crap.

Which begs the question as to why you keep going?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scoobyju1 wrote: »
    I kinda don't mind the music but the amount of times I have to hear Cliff flaming Richards because of people's birthdays...really annoys me >:(

I wonder how many of those birthdays are real.