Options

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I pre ordered this a few weeks ago on amazon but the download version is 44.99 which is only a fiver more so might actually get the download one. Do you need xbox live to get it or get any discount if you have live?

Comments

• Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    You don't need xbox live and you don't get any discount.

You can however buy a £50 points card cheap.

Cd keys for example does them for about £42 and you'll have £5 left over to spend on your next purchase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you pre order it, will it download but you just can't play it until release date? It being 45gb. It would take a while to download as well. This will be my first downloaded game.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The download will be locked until 00:01 on the release day (11 November).

There will also be a 20GB day one "content update" for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Pre-loads of the digital download version will get the update before release, so long as you have automatic updates enabled.

£50 Xbox credit from CDKeys.com is currently £43.90: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/microsoft-gift-card-50-gbp-xbox-one-360

If you "Like" CDKeys.com on Facebook you get a 5% discount code to knock it down further.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just pre ordered digi copy just now as well, surprised that I had to search for it and that it is not anywhere to been seen on the dashboard or the games section. They really need a pre order section.

I only have £38 left on my account, I had stacked about £300 by this time last year. A lot of ebay deals, which hav dried up. I reckon I will be going American for my next games, dragons age next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    I just pre ordered digi copy just now as well, surprised that I had to search for it and that it is not anywhere to been seen on the dashboard or the games section. They really need a pre order section.

I only have £38 left on my account, I had stacked about £300 by this time last year. A lot of ebay deals, which hav dried up. I reckon I will be going American for my next games, dragons age next.

Yeah really surprised you have to go looking for it since its easily their biggest game on the xb. There are two versions but it says other is unavailable so don't how much that is. Normally I'd be apprehensive about getting digital version because you can't trade in if you don't like but since i know what I'm getting with halo although I've only played up to 3 and can't remember if I ever finished that. For me this is really great value for money.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the disc version pre-ordered for £39 from Tesco.

If I couldn't get the disc for less than £40 I would have been really tempted to download it as I know this will be one game I won't be selling on. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »

Matt35 wrote: »
    Yeah really surprised you have to go looking for it since its easily their biggest game on the xb. There are two versions but it says other is unavailable so don't how much that is. Normally I'd be apprehensive about getting digital version because you can't trade in if you don't like but since i know what I'm getting with halo although I've only played up to 3 and can't remember if I ever finished that. For me this is really great value for money.

The Store is badly laid out, as is Xbox.com.

Actually, Xbox.com is *terribly* laid out.

You have to go through "Show all Xbox One games..." to find Halo: TMCC or any other digital pre-order, because if you click on the game's actual page and follow the "pre-order" link there, all it does it take you to a page listing physical retailers!
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Got the disc version pre-ordered for £39 from Tesco.

If I couldn't get the disc for less than £40 I would have been really tempted to download it as I know this will be one game I won't be selling on. :p

I'd think that the extra £6 would be worth it for the ability to download and install the 45GB game and the 20GB day one patch prior to release, given that it's not something you'd be selling on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    The Store is badly laid out, as is Xbox.com.

Actually, Xbox.com is *terribly* laid out.

You have to go through "Show all Xbox One games..." to find Halo: TMCC or any other digital pre-order, because if you click on the game's actual page and follow the "pre-order" link there, all it does it take you to a page listing physical retailers!

I'd think that the extra £6 would be worth it for the ability to download and install the 45GB game and the 20GB day one patch prior to release, given that it's not something you'd be selling on.

That's what I was thinking. Won't be selling it on. Wonder Why the other version on the store is unavailable?
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Won't be selling it on. Wonder Why the other version on the store is unavailable?

I'm going digital for the same reason, and it will also give me the chance to actually complete the single player as I'm sure I didn't finish any of them before.

I believe the other version, isn't available because the one that you can order is with the pre-order bonus
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope where gonna have a DS halo tourney on here!!!! 👍👏
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going digital for the same reason, and it will also give me the chance to actually complete the single player as I'm sure I didn't finish any of them before.

I believe the other version, isn't available because the one that you can order is with the pre-order bonus

I've completed the first 2 but not sure if I finished the 3rd and not even played 4. Has been a while since I played it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a game where we can get a good deal on it by buying from a different countries Live store?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a game where we can get a good deal on it by buying from a different countries Live store?

I paid just over £30 iirc! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I paid just over £30 iirc! :)

And would be that in a city with lots of student protests right now? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And would be that in a city with lots of student protests right now? :p

It's the one slightly cheaper then India ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I've pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive from HK. If I'm happy it goes well I will get Halo too.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 20GB patch is just ridiculous. On my connection that is going to take forever to download, why couldn't they just put it on another disc ?
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not ship the game on triple or quad layer discs? Do MS/Sony not use them?
    Not too bothered to be honest. While it's updating I'll just play one of the AC games that are coming on the same day. Probably Rogue so the X1 can concentrate on the mammoth patch.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i loved halo 3 soooo much, had so much online fun.

then they put in DLC and i never played big team battle again :(

not sure i can give bungie money again
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 343 now. Bungie pulled out of Halo after 3.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 343 now. Bungie pulled out of Halo after 3.

yeah but what if after 6 months they make DLC and you can no longer play big team battle?

saying that its old games compilation so i doubt any new content on its way

big team battle may just make me jump from 360 to xone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    The 20GB patch is just ridiculous. On my connection that is going to take forever to download, why couldn't they just put it on another disc ?
    Why not ship the game on triple or quad layer discs? Do MS/Sony not use them?
    Not too bothered to be honest. While it's updating I'll just play one of the AC games that are coming on the same day. Probably Rogue so the X1 can concentrate on the mammoth patch.

Technically it's additional content, not a patch. It isn't replacing an existing 20GB, it's an extra 20GB that brings with it the MP side of things.

But, whatever you call it, it's a bloody big update!

You can play the Campaign without it - offline or while the update is downloading.

And if you pre-load the digital download, instead of getting the disc-based version of the game, the 20GB "content update" will download and install in advance of the game's release date (if you have Instant On and auto-updates enabled).

Why no 2nd disc?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-20-two-discs-wasnt-practical-for-halo-master-chief-collection

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134774911&postcount=223

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135022111&postcount=1491

Speculation...

1) Unlike the Xbox 360, the Xbox One cannot link two disc installs together as one game, so the extra 20GB has to come as a download and not a disc installation? Even though the end result of a disc installation is the same as a download - the game is on the HDD - maybe it just can't tie a second disc to the first as a single unified game? Unfortunate if true, but I suppose it could be the case.

2) It's not ready yet! While the game has gone gold, that's obviously just the Campaign given that the 20GB update (bulk of which is the MP) isn't available yet for those who have pre-loaded the digital download. You can't stick something on a disc if it's not actually ready... (this isn't BF4!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I think it just boils down to a cost issue and they didn't plan for it. Anyway who cares (apart from people who like to moan on forums of course).

I bit the bullet and just pre-ordered it online via the UK store as I had £43 credit, annoyed I had to get another £5 card just for that last few pence but at least it means it on my console ready to play.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »

It's not really a patch like that huge Dead Rising 3 one we saw, it's DLC. I understand the game can be played online without installing this extra content (which is the multiplayer component) which is good for people who don't care for multiplayer or for those without the internet, but if you're planning on playing Halo MCC online then I assum d/l 20gb is not too much to ask in 2014? You can always play and do other things while it downloads.

Personally I'm going digital for the whole game and cannot wait for this one! The new Halo 2 looks so good, will be fun to get back to double weilding again. :cool:
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe how good the remastered Halo 4 looks at 1080p60 on the Master Chief Collection.

See what you think :cool: