T Mobile call charges

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm on flext 18 and am going to majorca next week. I was just wondering if any calls/texts i makew there will come from my allowence just at a higher rate.

I just want to be prepared, Thanks to anyonme who can help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Roaming never comes out of allowances.

You'll be paying for incoming and outgoing calls.

Turn off your voicemail before you go... Otherise:

For the First 15 seconds or so while the phone rings, you pay for an incoming call
    If you dont answer the phone, you will be paying for an outgoing call to the UK whilst your caller leaves a message
    and when you check your voicemail, you'll pay again for an outgoing call to the uk.
  • TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to send a text to the uk, send it as a picture message instead. It'll come out of your allowance and you can fit 3 times as much text in it as a normal sms.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So calls dont come out of allowence but all texts do. Is that right?

Thanks for the quick replys.
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    Another reason why you're better off on Pay As You Go. :)

If I top up my phone by £15, that's 100 minutes or 150 text messages that I will have the option of using for the rest of my life in any place. And (at home) you still get the extra goodies such as free minutes and texts on top.

You could switch to http://www.sim4travel.com while you're on holiday.
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Pencil wrote: »
    Another reason why you're better off on Pay As You Go. :)

If I top up my phone by £15, that's 100 minutes or 150 text messages that I will have the option of using for the rest of my life. And I get extra goodies such as free minutes and texts.

£15 will also buy you 350 minutes AND 650 texts......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bewitched wrote: »
    So calls dont come out of allowence but all texts do. Is that right?

Thanks for the quick replys.

No. You pay for everything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talizman wrote: »
    If you want to send a text to the uk, send it as a picture message instead. It'll come out of your allowance and you can fit 3 times as much text in it as a normal sms.

I dont think thats right. Overseas MMSes from what I recall when I worked there cost 20p as normal, but didnt come out of flext allowance.

You are correct though in the suggestion, MMSes are usually cheaper than SMSes overseas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only thing that will come out of your flext allowance is picture messages,you'll be charged for everything else voicemail,making/receiving calls,calls to cus service etc

AJxx
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *AJ* wrote: »
    the only thing that will come out of your flext allowance is picture messages,you'll be charged for everything else voicemail,making/receiving calls,calls to cus service etc

AJxx

Exactly. Use MMS to send your texts, although you'll have to make sure that the person you're sending to has MMS set up. You can of course receive a normal text for free.
  • TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agent_c wrote: »
    I dont think thats right. .

Well it is. MMS messages no matter where they are sent from will come out of the allowance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talizman wrote: »
    Well it is. MMS messages no matter where they are sent from will come out of the allowance.

It is indeed!!