Can I use DS to try and get publicity?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
Forum Member
✭✭
A mate of mine is an artist (not me, if it were I really wouldn't mind saying so) and we were thinking of ways to drum up publicity for her work. Can DS be used i.e. asking people to visit her web page or not? If not then I wont, if people think that sort of thing is yuck. Any feedback would be MOST appreciated and MOST welcome. If not then do ignore. Thanks everyone who reads and better yet comments! Beverley

Comments

• EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly, possibly not. But it would have side stepped the who issue if you just posted

"Oh wow check out these cool pictures I just found entirely by accident on the web"
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see it has being any different to someone posting a link to any well known artist's site and asking for opinions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    Possibly, possibly not. But it would have side stepped the who issue if you just posted

"Oh wow check out these cool pictures I just found entirely by accident on the web"

Eeek, good point, I should have thought of that. Thanks Emperical. We could wait a couple days and get a mate to do that or something .. D'UH Bevs :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see it has being any different to someone posting a link to any well known artist's site and asking for opinions.

Cheers Dan !
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do it.. enough people come here wanting us to do their homework for them so you should be allowed to ask for opinions.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar dilemma..........:D

A cyber-pal of mine and former DS 'regular' is having his first novel published in a few months time..........

I'm thinking of ways to plug it............:D

By 'plug it' I mean 'inform the wider DS audience of this exciting news'................:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh what type of book swingaleg?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for great tips etc
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I have a similar dilemma..........:D

A cyber-pal of mine and former DS 'regular' is having his first novel published in a few months time.........

If it's who I think it is, you can tell me on here, I'd love to read it. :)