Options

Rudolph Walker is amazing!!!

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member
Wow the ending just showed how talented Rudolph is. I'm so glad he's getting more screentime now. Poor Patrick :(

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was great tonight. I really felt bad for him when Cora was goading him in his own house!
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Rudolph is such a strong actor but they have never used him to his full potential until now.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    He was great tonight. I really felt bad for him when Cora was goading him in his own house!

The man has always been pure class.

He has been so shamefully underused over the years, I hope there are many, many more storylines and Duff Duff's for Patrick (and Rudolph) to come in the future :)
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man has always been pure class.

He has been so shamefully underused over the years, I hope there are many, many more storylines and Duff Duff's for Patrick (and Rudolph) to come in the future :)

Ditto. :)
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was brilliant in that last scene. One of the best duff duffs of the year IMO.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    The guy is a legend! I have always liked Rudolph, he comes across really cool in real life as well, luv Patrick. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    The guy is a legend! I have always liked Rudolph, he comes across really cool in real life as well, luv Patrick. :D

Me too. It's his shiny nose that I love the most.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It was well acted.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering Rudolph was only acting out a stroke, it was quite tough to watch. He did a brilliant job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Rudolph did a fantastic job tonight. I am glad that EastEnders is focusing on the older residents now more often and Rudolph truly made a lump be in my throat at that beautiful performance at the end!
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Really? I've never really rated his acting skills.. but fair play
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? I've never really rated his acting skills.. but fair play

Have you seen Rudie in anything else? He was completely different in a thin blue line.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Wow the ending just showed how talented Rudolph is. I'm so glad he's getting more screentime now. Poor Patrick :(

I'd agree with that.
    I loved him in Love Thy Neighbour, The Thin Blue Line and in Mr. Bean.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a class act, him and Diane Parish are one of my favourite on-screen partnerships, they've always came across as having a father-daughter type relationship despite having no blood linking them
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rudolophnis a great actor, I'm just about old enough to remember Love Thy Neighbour.
  • Options
    Ste_MurraySte_Murray Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Tonight really shocked me the way he done that stroke was really really believable it actually looked to real for comfort but that's why I love EastEnders they aren't too scared to shock faxtors
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wasn't expecting that to happen at the end, suddenly his face went droopy then he just fell...I was shocked but it was so well acted! Well Done EastEnders :D :O
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Wow, that scene at the end where one side of his face dropped and he fell was very very convincing to the point where it was difficult to watch, I felt shocked.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That final scene was played to perfection. He's a very talented actor.
  • Options
    Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's great at acting in serious story lines as he is now, he has been under used when he plays the guy who likes racing and betting and laughing.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    He's always been a brilliant actor. From Love Thy Neighbour in the 1970's onwards.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    He was brilliant in that last scene. One of the best duff duffs of the year IMO.

Agreed, Patrick has been great...
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    That final scene was so difficult to watch :( Felt soooo bad for him.

Brilliant actor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rudolph is an absolute asset to the the show. They do know this and occasionally give him some really powerful stuff. Last nights final scene was very troubling.

Previous to this we had Tanya's cancer cold and Patrick falling from a ladder so I am glad to see EE tackling important stories again and taking them seriously.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Considering Rudolph was only acting out a stroke, it was quite tough to watch. He did a brilliant job.
    And so did the makeup artists to help him get the droopy face (including the lip and eye).