Ios8 issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loobs72 wrote: »
    My 3G is on all the time now even when I have Enable 4G switched off. The 3G option seems to have disappeared.

Am I doing something wrong?

That's normal I'm afraid on iPhones now. If you have 4G you cannot turn 3G off. The enable 3G switch gets replaced by enable 4G switch. If you are not on a network which offers 4G it stays the same as before.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could always have in settings a combo with the fastest network to use with g, e, 3g, 4g options in it. But that would be too complicated I guess :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I updated to ios8 a couple of weeks ago and at first had no issues, now I am finding that when I am trying to delete individual messages the bin icon disappears and I have to switch the phone off and back on again.
    Latest issue is that the new predictive keyboard keeps disappearing and where it was just about the keyboard is just a grey line. When I go into the keyboard settings "predictive" is enabled. This was working fine and has only changed in the past couple of days. Is anyone else having these issues?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CarrieNYC wrote: »
    I updated to ios8 a couple of weeks ago and at first had no issues, now I am finding that when I am trying to delete individual messages the bin icon disappears and I have to switch the phone off and back on again.
    Latest issue is that the new predictive keyboard keeps disappearing and where it was just about the keyboard is just a grey line. When I go into the keyboard settings "predictive" is enabled. This was working fine and has only changed in the past couple of days. Is anyone else having these issues?

The keyboard thing isn't a bug exactly, but it could certainly do with improving. You can swipe down the QuickType bar to hide it, but it's far too easy to do it by accident. I do it almost every time I'm typing. You can then swipe it back up from tnat grey line, although it's not as easy to do that as it is to hide it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The things I'd like to see fixed in 8.1 are:

- Safari tabs occasionally becoming unresponsive
    - Ocassional crashing of stock apps
    - Status bar remaining on screen when viewing full screen photos in Messages
    - Safari and Photos not remembering your preferred layout of extensions in the action bar.

EDIT: I forgot the main one:

- Sticky notifications that will only go away when the home button is pressed, and that cause problems when you have the screen in landscape view.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    The keyboard thing isn't a bug exactly, but it could certainly do with improving. You can swipe down the QuickType bar to hide it, but it's far too easy to do it by accident. I do it almost every time I'm typing. You can then swipe it back up from tnat grey line, although it's not as easy to do that as it is to hide it!

Aahh! That's exactly what has happened, how weird...and annoying!
  • Options
    KriskikiKriskiki Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I'm finding in my emails that I get the latest ones then an hour later I may get a notification of an email and it's way down my list of emails with an earlier time? This never happened before I updated to IOS 8.

Also I'm finding my wifi connection is not the best since the update.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kriskiki wrote: »
    I'm finding in my emails that I get the latest ones then an hour later I may get a notification of an email and it's way down my list of emails with an earlier time? This never happened before I updated to IOS 8.

Also I'm finding my wifi connection is not the best since the update.

This is not just an iPhone issue. It's happening to me on my Macbook also. Maybe it's a Yahoo issue.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    My wifi is so slow now, I do most of my browsing with 4G rather than my fibre optic connection
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had to turn Hey Siri!" off. It keeps activating when I'm watching TV (and nobody's said "Hey Siri!").
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive had what you'd call wifi lock ups where pages just sit spinning doing nothing
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    They do need to fix cut and paste though, it's been horrible since iOS 8.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive had what you'd call wifi lock ups where pages just sit spinning doing nothing

Yeah, I've had that, and the only solution seems to be to close the tab.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    My phone won't rotate half the time now in landscape mode .
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had to turn Hey Siri!" off. It keeps activating when I'm watching TV (and nobody's said "Hey Siri!").

Yeah. I've had that a few times now. I turned off the 'Hey Siri' too.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Yeah. I've had that a few times now. I turned off the 'Hey Siri' too.

Siri has a 'Needy' option now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, it looks look either the M8 chip or the Health app is completely incapable of making a distinction between walking/running, and cycling.

Today I went for a long bike ride. The Health app claims I have walked 13km (I cycled much further than this, but haven't walked anywhere near that distance), and climbed 109 flights of stairs.

EDIT: To be fair, I suppose, a lot of it was uphill and I probably wasn't going faster than running speed, so I guess it logged it as that (considering the app combines walking and running into a single graph).