Uptown Funk's release pulled forward to tonight...

Comments

• Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how she gets blamed for everything! If you were in her position would you asked to not be pimped? I'm sure she hasn't gone out of her way to ask to be pimped! Fleur has got here completly on merit. Has anyone thought "oo fleur is in Laurens VT - lets give her a vote"?
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how she gets blamed for everything! If you were in her position would you asked to not be pimped? I'm sure she hasn't gone out of her way to ask to be pimped! Fleur has got here completly on merit. Has anyone thought "oo fleur is in Laurens VT - lets give her a vote"?

I don't think the majority of people are blaming Fleur herself, but more the blatant underhanded behavior of the powers that be. But it's not uncommon and we shouldn't really be surprised. It's more that it's more obvious this year than I have seen for a long time.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally, I have more self-respect and would never let an egotistical maniac 'pimp' me. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the majority of people are blaming Fleur herself, but more the blatant underhanded behavior of the powers that be. But it's not uncommon and we shouldn't really be surprised. It's more that it's more obvious this year than I have seen for a long time.

Too right! Over the last few weeks Fleur has gone very much down in my estimation. Most certainly not up.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They wanted something for yet more Fleur promoting over and above the others and so with all their connections in the music industry, they called in a few favours just for Fleur.

The other two might as well not turn up for the final. Frankly it's disgusting!

It's your attitude that is disgusting. Steady on old boy, I think you're having a heart attack.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »
    Would be quite funny if it held on and got Xmas number 1.

By giving Fleur the song on X Factor Syco would have unwittingly cost themselves their inevitable Xmas top selling single

Oh god that would amazing
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Too right! Over the last few weeks Fleur has gone very much down in my estimation. Most certainly not up.

No one cares hun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one cares hun

:D:D:D

That is why they are called 'no ones'!
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »
    Would be quite funny if it held on and got Xmas number 1.

By giving Fleur the song on X Factor Syco would have unwittingly cost themselves their inevitable Xmas top selling single

That's exactly what I was going to say. They might have shot themselves in the foot. For x factor to get the top spot, Fleur must win and she should probably do a studio version of this. Anything else won't do it. And if Ben wins, forget it.
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much this though granted it makes it very difficult to like the girl!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was going to say. They might have shot themselves in the foot. For x factor to get the top spot, Fleur must win and she should probably do a studio version of this. Anything else won't do it. And if Ben wins, forget it.
    I don't think she needs to do version of Uptown Funk. But she does need a really good, upbeat song. Hopefully they've thought of that... hopefully!

Obviously if one of the other wins they're really going to struggle.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    Its a great song but I prefer Bruno singing it

So do i
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member

How is any of this Fleur's fault? Not that I think she cares that you say she has gone down in your estimation.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    It's your attitude that is disgusting. Steady on old boy, I think you're having a heart attack.

It's an opinion nothing more nothing less we can all have them if that's ok with you :)
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love both versions it's difficult to pick between the two!
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur's response:
    Fleur East has apologised to Mark Ronson after the release of his new single 'Uptown Funk' had to be brought forward.

East shot to number one on iTunes with her version of the song on The X Factor this weekend, which prompted the music producer to release the song five weeks early.

Speaking to Newsbeat, 26-year-old East said: "Yeah I'm really sorry, but all I can say is it's props to all their creative hard work because it's an amazing song.

"I think straight away they were like, 'Oh wow, what's happened here?' So they had to speed up the release date."

She also added that if 'Uptown Funk' were to become the Christmas number 1, she would rather it was Ronson's version.

"It would be a shame in many ways, obviously because it was their song and they created it, it would only be right that theirs got to number one," she added.

The Ronson version is sung by Bruno Mars and was previously due to be released in the UK on 11 January.

'Uptown Funk' serves as the first single to be lifted from Ronson's new album Uptown Special, which is released on January 26.

It is the producer's first album in four years, and follows 2010's Record Collection, which peaked at number two in the UK.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a615580/fleur-east-apologises-to-mark-ronson-over-uptown-funk-early-release.html#~oXYuZQ7gH93k8k#ixzz3LQdqBdiT
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol apologising wasn't her fault! I'm sure mark is happy about this promotion

Simon Cowell should be saying Sorry haha
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it certainly doesn't seem to have done them any harm.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter garbage, people will listen to any old shit.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

That is why they are called 'no ones'!

No hun it's just cause everyone is tired of you saying the same thing over and over again... BORING *yawn*
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    How is any of this Fleur's fault? Not that I think she cares that you say she has gone down in your estimation.

Everything is Fleur's fault according to the masses on here. They are so obsessed with hating someone who is just a really nice person. Pathetic comes to mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars are devastated at having a gigantic Christmas no. 1 on their hands thanks to Fleur… :D
  • Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He probably doesnt want people buying a badly sung version rather than the proper one.

I'd take Fleur's voice over Bruno Mars' any day of the week :)
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    I'd take Fleur's voice over Bruno Mars' any day of the week :)

So would i. Not keen on Bruno Mars at all.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Stroop X wrote: »
    I'm sure Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars are devastated at having a gigantic Christmas no. 1 on their hands thanks to Fleur… :D

Regardless of Fleur's performance, Uptown Funk would have been a massive hit here. It's too good a song not to be. Fleur is only responsible for it being a hit a few weeks sooner.

It's been blowing up in America (where Mark Ronson isn't as known as he is in the UK), with performances on Saturday Night Live, and a contestant on The Voice also performed it.