Options

Call Of Duty : Ghosts

Comments

• Options
    PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professional moaner here, for me the worse COD to date. QS'ers and snipers are basically ruining this game for me. It's the worse it's ever been IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought Ghosts on Saturday as an impulse buy. I've borrowed a few COD games off mates previously and enjoyed them. By about 2am on Sunday I'd finished Ghosts Campaign and I'd have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. Most of the levels seemed to be rehashes of levels I've seen in other (non-COD) games and it was all a bit dull. Although I've had a 2nd pass to find the rorke files I missed I'm fairly certain I will lose interest in replaying any of the campaign levels pretty quickly.

I read a review today where someone was saying there were some levels where they weren't really sure what was happening and it was all a bit of a blur. I'd have to agree. I found myself pressing whatever button I was prompted to press and something would happen.

I've never done online gaming so I may sign up to PSN to see if that offers anything new or exciting but on balance I reckon my £40 could have been better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I wasn't going to get ghosts but after GTAV failed to keep me busy I gave in.

The campaign is very average. Far too many levels where it was all take control of the dog, next take control of a gunship etc. I'm sure people will say its all about the MP but I've always thought the campaigns were decent but this one is forgettable.

For the MP I actually like the map size. They all seem to be designed for run and gun though and with plenty of open spaces the quick scoopers will love them too. If anyone's played domination there's no cover points for capping flags and as that's about the only objective mode left then its obvious who the target market is.

Spawns..... Ridiculous, yet again. I'm sick of unloading a clip into someone to find on the kill am I haven't even raised my gun. Getting shot round corners. :mad:

I also don't like the loadout setup and the amount of perks and the fact that you can buy them instead of earning them. Makes it all a bit pointless to me :confused: And where are the challenges? If I haven't found them because of the awful menus then please point them out.

My fav Cod was MW2. The challenges per gun and game type and unlocking stuff when completed were so much more rewarding. The maps on the were mostly pretty big and there were plenty of spots where there were only two ways in meaning that you had a reasonable chance of covering yourself and depending on the game type you could hold and defend an area (or camp as some people see it :rolleyes:). I even enjoyed trying to clear an area out when others where holding it.

As it is I'll give it a chance but i'll probably sell it on later this week.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    My on going gripe is that IW and 3arc will not or cannot learn from each other.

Black Ops, MW3, Black Ops 2 and now Ghosts have all ignored what was good from the previous game and instead insisted on inventing their own version of the same thing.

Character customisation was better in BlOps - your equipment load out affected your look rather than some random unlocks which make very minor changes.

Challenges were better in MW3, but emblems are better in BlOps 2.

And I'm pretty sure knee slide is just IW going "we need something similar to dive-to-prone" rather than an actual game improvement.

I want to like Ghosts - and I hope that the next gen version does offer a new and more even gaming experience - but at the moment all I'm seeing are the same old problems - getting killed by people as you spawn, getting one shot killed by people you've emptied a mag into and a load out progression system that heavily favours those who have already reached a high rank.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Connection wise this is the best COD at launch so far. Probably on a par with MW2.

I've found this game is harder to get to grips with compared to previous CODs but is rewarding once you find a couple of guns you like and start topping the leaderboards.

Also the knee-slide is so much cooler than the dive ever was.

I suggest you guys play Search and Rescue if you haven't already tried. It's alot more team oriented than S&D and gives you a chance of coming back into the round rather than sometimes getting killed right at the start and spectating until the round ends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Gotta say im actually quite enjoying this game at the moment. Dont get me wrong there's still things that i find annoying but then most of these things have been in every COD game made. Spawning issues have always existed and are never likely to be 100% perfect. I remember playing terminal on MW2 and our whole team constantly spawning in a surrounded shop. This got fixed and I expect this version to be the same.

When you've played virtually the same game for 8 years you're bound to get tired of it. The same thing happens with FIFA every year. People get used to that style of play and dislike the new version because it feels different. You hear this every year with COD games as well soon after their release. People slag off the game for not being as good as the last one but were probably doing exactly the same when that game came out as well.

My main gripe with COD is that it just feels like a huge money making machine. Churning out loads of DLC that really doesnt add much. I'd love it if they released a huge map pack of say the favourate 1 or 2 maps from each previous version. Now that i'd buy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fien wrote: »
    My main gripe with COD is that it just feels like a huge money making machine. Churning out loads of DLC that really doesnt add much. I'd love it if they released a huge map pack of say the favourate 1 or 2 maps from each previous version. Now that i'd buy.

As long as people are throwing money at them that's how it will be. You've just stated you'd be happy to buy maps yet you feel it's a money making machine. That's a bit contradictory isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »
    As long as people are throwing money at them that's how it will be. You've just stated you'd be happy to buy maps yet you feel it's a money making machine. That's a bit contradictory isn't it?

I'd be happy to buy a map pack containing 6 or so favourate maps from previous versions for nostalgic reasons more than anything.

I've given up buying any DLC and would rather spend my money on another game. The whole game cost £35 so seems a rip off to me how 10 or so additional maps should cost that or even more.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to buy a map pack containing 6 or so favourate maps from previous versions for nostalgic reasons more than anything.

I've given up buying any DLC and would rather spend my money on another game. The whole game cost £35 so seems a rip off to me how 10 or so additional maps should cost that or even more.

Complain about them churning out DLC, complain about DLC that doesn't add much. But you will happily pay for 6 maps you already owned? :confused:
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The names of the new DLC maps was leaked yesterday, with one of them Dome from MW3 - which seems a bit of a con considering the layout of that map is already in the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Complain about them churning out DLC, complain about DLC that doesn't add much. But you will happily pay for 6 maps you already owned? :confused:

Owned being in the past tense. Those games are long gone. To have all your favourate and most memorable call of duty maps within the one game would be worth a few quid.

I'd love to have another go at crossfire and crash but would no doubt be left dissapointed. The memories are always better than the reality.

It's the same with all the old games that you can now buy for iphones etc. why pay for something you've already owned?
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I'd go one further and say they should just remaster COD4 with updated graphics. Go back to the simple 3 5 7 killstreaks with host migration/dedicated servers and no dickscoping.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go one further and say they should just remaster COD4 with updated graphics. Go back to the simple 3 5 7 killstreaks with host migration/dedicated servers and no dickscoping.

They would still mess it up. They are using the same engine from from MW 1 and 2 anyway and look what they could only come up with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    All the people on this thread complaining I have a question. Did you enjoy MW3?

I still haven't bought ghosts but I liked all the MW range. Didn't buy Blops 1 and I disliked Blops 2, gave up after a couple of weeks online.

I assumed if I like MW1/2/3 I would like Ghosts, so thought I would ask the question.

i loved mw3
    i loved blops2 ..i loved every cod until ghosts
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    The names of the new DLC maps was leaked yesterday, with one of them Dome from MW3 - which seems a bit of a con considering the layout of that map is already in the game.

Do you mean strikezone? Is that just the same map as dome?
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean strikezone? Is that just the same map as dome?

Yup, just moved around slightly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yup, just moved around slightly.

Seems nothing like it I can't see the resemblance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems nothing like it I can't see the resemblance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWdGeaX_JM
  • Options
    TellyAddickTellyAddick Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Got my first KEM Strike today :D

When I first played this game I was like everyone else on here hating it (well the majority)

But since as I've learned the maps I've generally over time adapted to how the game plays this is imo the most balenced COD since COD 4 theres no stealth bombers or annoying killstreaks dominiating the sky from assault support seems balenced and theres no super soldiers in speacelist like MW3

I've been quickscoped a few times but no way near as many times as Black ops 2 some of the maps suck yes but I reserve judgement on this one till we see what they play like on next gen with more players.

Same goes for the connection and people complaining about being shot around corners, Hit detection is spot on this game I imagine with dedicated servers most of these issues will be ironed out this was allways going to be an issue anyway with the guns killing so quickly.

I'm really enjoying this game atm I think the 1st Black ops was the last time I enjoyed cod like this.
  • Options
    withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owned being in the past tense. Those games are long gone. To have all your favourate and most memorable call of duty maps within the one game would be worth a few quid.

I'd love to have another go at crossfire and crash but would no doubt be left dissapointed. The memories are always better than the reality.

It's the same with all the old games that you can now buy for iphones etc. why pay for something you've already owned?

Would be nice of them to chuck a few old maps for free in a free dlc. With all the money they make:) would be a nice gesture to all loyal fans.
  • Options
    withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my first KEM Strike today :D

When I first played this game I was like everyone else on here hating it (well the majority)

But since as I've learned the maps I've generally over time adapted to how the game plays this is imo the most balenced COD since COD 4 theres no stealth bombers or annoying killstreaks dominiating the sky from assault support seems balenced and theres no super soldiers in speacelist like MW3

I've been quickscoped a few times but no way near as many times as Black ops 2 some of the maps suck yes but I reserve judgement on this one till we see what they play like on next gen with more players.

Same goes for the connection and people complaining about being shot around corners, Hit detection is spot on this game I imagine with dedicated servers most of these issues will be ironed out this was allways going to be an issue anyway with the guns killing so quickly.

I'm really enjoying this game atm I think the 1st Black ops was the last time I enjoyed cod like this.

I'm liking the maps more and more. I'm starting also to get a positive k/d ratio again. That was my only gripe at first , that i was being killed so much but now I'm holding my own.

The castle map has to be one of the best maps i have seen in a cod!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    withnailuk wrote: »
    Would be nice of them to chuck a few old maps for free in a free dlc. With all the money they make:) would be a nice gesture to all loyal fans.

Haha you said free in a sentence relating to cod dlc.:)
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys weren't kidding about the maps being bigger. :o

I was going to go with the suggestion of buying the game from someplace else but in the end I just waited for Amazon to send me a replacement. This morning the postman delivered 2 copies of Ghosts :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member

Considering how many d1ck-scopers are only doing it for YT videos they should turn it off in core gameplay and have it as a variable option in private matches only. Then everyone's happy.

On the maps point - completely agree. I don't really care if I've paid for them before, I'd rather have pre-owned maps that were great, than the unimaginative rubble-strewn rat-runs that we're subjected to these days.

MW2 gameplay + CoD4 maps = gold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what this OPERATION INACTIVE on patches is about? I was going for the sentry gun patch and now it says operation inactive on it? Does that mean any kills I get with the sentry won't count against that patch?