Frankie's Tango

13»

Comments

• lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Course not .. but the production team are to blame. Try watching it mute as others have suggested .. to better judge the Tango content I mean.

I agree that the production team are too blame, I actually watched it without music (by sheer accident on repeat). I still find it too floaty for my taste (I like a tango to be more powerful). However, as mentioned, I'm not a dance expert. For this reason, I have to judge it on my personal taste. I didn't like it. It has nothing to do with Frankie, as I like most of her other dances, and I really did like her Paso. Each to their own. It's just a dance I don't enjoy, and I don't want to see again.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Frankie's dancing last night, and thought the theme, costumes and music came together brilliantly.

However... I thought Tango was supposed to be quite aggressive and staccato? Hers looked very smooth and flowing, which didn't quite suit the style of dance for me. I may be wrong - I'm no expert - but it just didn't quite look Tango-ish enough. And then Bruno scored it a 10...?

Eh?

I agree Moonbean but it was all down to the song choice, and the producers are the ones to blame for this! >:(
    Frankie is one of the best in the competition and Tango is my favourite dance, you really don't understand how angry this made me when i read what song she was dancing to,,,again stupid idiot producers!!! >:(
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    I agree Moonbean but it was all down to the song choice, and the producers are the ones to blame for this! >:(
    Frankie is one of the best in the competition and Tango is my favourite dance, you really don't understand how angry this made me when i read what song she was dancing to,,,again stupid idiot producers!!! >:(

They have had several dances to what I felt was inappropriate music. In addition to the "Defying Gravity" tango, they had the "Happy Days" charleston and the "America" paso. Made great jobs of them all, though.

I'm sure there are lots of examples from other couples, too.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have had several dances to what I felt was inappropriate music. In addition to the "Defying Gravity" tango, they had the "Happy Days" charleston and the "America" paso. Made great jobs of them all, though.

I'm sure there are lots of examples from other couples, too.

I did enjoy the Charleston and Paso but this Tango just didn't do it for me. Oh the producers have given out so many naff songs now it's getting ridiculous. One of the worst was the scooby doo theme >:(