Doc Martin (Part 11 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Surely you jest?::):)

Considering that it was the Doc talking and that the script was written by Jack Lothian: Nope:p;)
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Please let me think it is "I will always love you". At least for two years and then they can dash my hopes in s6 ep1 when DM says "I will always revert to my grumpy old self and never change so get used to it".
    Please let me live in denial until then. :cool::cool::cool:

Oh OK then:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Han96 wrote: »
    So sorry if this has already been posted but stumbled across it today, and don't have time to read all new posts for a few days but just in case;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066375/Doc-Martin-saved-boy-Martin-Clunes-helps-fund-treatment-baby-played-son-TV-show.html

:)

Great article. Thank you for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching one of our local PBS stations (KET2) and they are having a fund drive. They just aired Season 1, Episode 1 ' Going Bodmin'. After the usual appeals for memberships and prizes, like DVDs and mugs, the announcer claimed that "Martin Clunes has agreed to do a sixth season."

So from American TV and the commonwealth of Kentucky, we get a different confirmation of a move a foot for more Doc Martin!
  • Options
    TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Watching one of our local PBS stations (KET2) and they are having a fund drive. They just aired Season 1, Episode 1 ' Going Bodmin'. After the usual appeals for memberships and prizes, like DVDs and mugs, the announcer claimed that "Martin Clunes has agreed to do a sixth season."

So from American TV and the commonwealth of Kentucky, we get a different confirmation of a move a foot for more Doc Martin!

well if American TV and the commonwealth of Kentucky said it it must be true right??;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting. I'd like to hear it from BP or ITV though.
  • Options
    mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    I think his remarks about S6 are quite interesting -- he thinks they probably "have to" do a S6, but that will be the last one Do you think they feel the same drive as we do to tie up some loose ends, see how actually being in a loving relationship affects DM -- does he generally loosen up, soften up, do they marry, can we see some actual affection between them.

And I suppose that's all cart before the horse, since there isn't yet a definite go signal.

Loose ends? Let's see... When we last left our heroes he was supposed to head to London but declared he was willing to stay (but in someone else's surgery?) She had quit her job and was living in a rented cottage while her home was occupied. They finally admitted they loved each other and wanted to be a family, but as partners? A married couple? Aunt Ruth was staying to write a book and then what? Al was being set to choose between running he farm for Ruth and takin over his father's restaurant as Bert was getting less able. Morwenna found a job she oiled and was good at but it was "short-term". Oh and the town of Portwenn was about to find itself without a GP or a pharmacist. And there was a Christening to plan.

That's got to be at least 2 series right there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzieblue wrote: »
    Loose ends? Let's see... When we last left our heroes he was supposed to head to London but declared he was willing to stay (but in someone else's surgery?) She had quit her job and was living in a rented cottage while her home was occupied. They finally admitted they loved each other and wanted to be a family, but as partners? A married couple? Aunt Ruth was staying to write a book and then what? Al was being set to choose between running he farm for Ruth and takin over his father's restaurant as Bert was getting less able. Morwenna found a job she oiled and was good at but it was "short-term". Oh and the town of Portwenn was about to find itself without a GP or a pharmacist. And there was a Christening to plan.

Will Mrs. Tischell get out of the looney bin?
    Happy Birthday, you-know-who!
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, it certainly is indeed a lot of loose ends! You pinpointed them very well in that paragraph.
  • Options
    dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said, mazzieblue. Plenty of story left to tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=mazzieblue;54905981

. Morwenna found a job she oiled and was good at but it was "short-term". .[/QUOTE]

Oiled? Translation please;):D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Martin :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Han96 wrote: »
    So sorry if this has already been posted but stumbled across it today, and don't have time to read all new posts for a few days but just in case;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066375/Doc-Martin-saved-boy-Martin-Clunes-helps-fund-treatment-baby-played-son-TV-show.html

:)

Nice to see that MC gets some positive feedback. Lovely. :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New item added to the Therapy section of http://www.docmartinonline.net/- Ever fancied dressing Doc Martin, Louisa or Bert?

Thanks to Sue DiCicco's for her fabulous paper doll kits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Happy Birthday MC! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Happy Birthday to You....
    Happy Birthday to You...
    Happy Birthday, dear Martin...
    Happy Birthday to You.....

Best wishes to you from all your fans here on Digital Spy.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    New item added to the Therapy section of http://www.docmartinonline.net/- Ever fancied dressing Doc Martin, Louisa or Bert?
    Thanks to Sue DiCicco's for her fabulous paper doll kits.
    Dressing or undressing?:p:p:D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    simplyred wrote: »

I like the way you think, sr. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way you think, sr. ;)

LOL.:D well not Bert obviously:eek:
    ..and not Louisa for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Birthday to You....
    Happy Birthday to You...
    Happy Birthday, dear Martin...
    Happy Birthday to You.....

Best wishes to you from all your fans here on Digital Spy.....

I knitted you a jumper. It's yellow... and it says MARTIN on it!
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't CC say earlier that she agreed to do S5 as she was curious as to how the DM series was to continue now that she had his child? I think the whole cast most have felt the same way!:):) Now that DM professed his love to LG at the Castle I'm sure this cast (as well as all of us) want to see what the writers will dream up going forward---who would have thought that by the end of S5 they still didn't have a christening/marriage?

Didn't NewPark mention there was one episode filmed at the church this year which was not included in S5? Perhaps that will be S6E1.:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    Didn't NewPark mention there was one episode filmed at the church this year which was not included in S5? Perhaps that will be S6E1.:):):)

I think that this was one of those Chinese whispers that gets inflated out of all proportion.The story was that a BP crew van had been seen going down the road to the tiny village of St Kew where there is a lovely C16 church.
    They were probably going to the very nice pub!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow Rob, I didn't know you could knit! :rolleyes::)
    I was angry with my husband this morning, and I told him he was lucky that it was Martin Clunes birthday. And, he said, "who"? I said, "Doc Martin you idiot"! :mad: Then, they didn't put MC birthday in the paper like I asked them too last week. I'm in terrible pain. I'm sorry, I'm just having a rotten day! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member

MARRR-TINN...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simplyred wrote: »

:D:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Wow Rob, I didn't know you could knit! :rolleyes::)
    I was angry with my husband this morning, and I told him he was lucky that it was Martin Clunes birthday. And, he said, "who"? I said, "Doc Martin you idiot"! :mad: Then, they didn't put MC birthday in the paper like I asked them too last week. I'm in terrible pain. I'm sorry, I'm just having a rotten day! :(

I'm sorry you're having a rotten day. :(
    You should punish your husband by making him buy you the signed script, signed photo and the suit for Christmas. After all, he likes working overtime, doesn't he?
This discussion has been closed.