Comments

• jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't mind Eamonn don't like Ruth though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched a bit today and it was so flat. Why did Pip have to make such a thing about raiding the TM studios food cupboards and taking it to a food bank (in a chauffeur driven car!) and Emma carrying a cup of tea 20 feet across the studio? I think most viewers could grasp the concept of Take a Moment without it. Now if I'd seen him under an elderly persons sink cleaning the U-bend I might have been more impressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer Eamon and Ruth - they got some shocking filler guests (my brother had my hamsters baby type guest stories) over the summer and managed to make the show watchable. Phil interviewing someone with a decent story and I just turn off. Holly is starting to look bored.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip was even worse today. Emma barely got a look in.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »

This!, I know Phil likes to take over but Emma hardly said a word for the whole 2 hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    This!, I know Phil likes to take over but Emma hardly said a word for the whole 2 hours.

Maybe he's trying to keep her in check now her career's taking off and overtaking Holly's!
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »

He was unbearable when Jeff Brazier was doing the xfactor news- Jeff mentioned what judge has the groups this year- it was announced a while back and Phil acted as if Jeff had given out a secret- kept saying something like "It's on his head" as Jeff was speaking- am sure he would not have liked Holly to come out with that when he presented David Cameron with his internet find :D
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    He was unbearable when Jeff Brazier was doing the xfactor news- Jeff mentioned what judge has the groups this year- it was announced a while back and Phil acted as if Jeff had given out a secret- kept saying something like "It's on his head" as Jeff was speaking- am sure he would not have liked Holly to come out with that when he presented David Cameron with his internet find :D

I know, he's unbearable. He does the same when Sharon Marshall is on, acting like she's giving away massive spoilers when she's only ever telling things we already know :p
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth and Eamon have had a huge surge in popularity, especially recently over the holidays - certainly on DS many agree they're better, funnier etc. and some only tune in to This Morning now on Fridays. Guaranteed Phil will have his finger on the Twitter pulse and know all this, but can't do a thing about it, as he wants his long weekends. I'd be interested to know how Friday's ratings compare to a typical day in the week - anyone know?
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth and Eamon have had a huge surge in popularity, especially recently over the holidays - certainly on DS many agree they're better, funnier etc. and some only tune in to This Morning now on Fridays.
    I must have missed the official poll?
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a bit today and it was so flat. Why did Pip have to make such a thing about raiding the TM studios food cupboards and taking it to a food bank (in a chauffeur driven car!) and Emma carrying a cup of tea 20 feet across the studio? I think most viewers could grasp the concept of Take a Moment without it. Now if I'd seen him under an elderly persons sink cleaning the U-bend I might have been more impressed.

if Eamonn and Ruth were presenting they would have just made them do the same thing but Eamonn would have added more jokes about his wife into it as he always does. i also doubt you would see Eamonn fixing a u-bend either
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »

But she looks like a cardboard cut out anyway! Expressionless, adding nothing to the conversation, and when she does read a cue she stumbles over her words in this flat drone. :yawn:

Why on earth didn't they invite Ruth to cover Holly's nodules removal? Pip can't dominate proceedings then, so maybe he veetoed her?
    :confused:
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »

Why on earth didn't they invite Ruth to cover Holly's nodules removal? Pip can't dominate proceedings then, so maybe he veetoed her?
    :confused:

Lol........I think that could be true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Phillip mentioned ds earlier.. Think he's aware of the Eamonn & Ruth support?
    Forum Member
    PWSJohn wrote: »

I think so and I don't mean to go on but yet again Holly's unprofessionalism was on show at the end of today's program, her necklace was caught up in her microphone and when she finally got it free dropped her notes that were on her lap!

Ruth would never have that happen to her :cool:
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    I think so and I don't mean to go on but yet again Holly's unprofessionalism was on show at the end of today's program, her necklace was caught up in her microphone and when she finally got it free dropped her notes that were on her lap!

It came across very unprofessional. Most of the interview with Chris Moyles was taken up with this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't bother watching today as I knew Holly was back. By the sounds of it I'm glad I didn't!
    Forum Member
    Do you think Phillip cares about the Eamonn support?
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »

Ruth is a milf, I love her! Thankfully it's Thursday tomorrow, last day of the week for Pip and Holly :p
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really? What did he say? I didn't bother watching today.
    Forum Member
    Phillip (To Chris Moyles): A poll on Digital Spy says that 80% of people want to see you return to the airwaves. When are you going to return?
    Chris: Never.. Well, not never, but I've finished that chapter for now.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, one of the TM researchers could have given Pip those stats. All the same, much prefer Eamonn and Ruth. Don't dislike Pip and Holly but just enjoy watching the other two more.
    Forum Member
    Do you think Phillip cares about the Eamonn support?

Yes I think so, I certainly would if I was him or Holly. Purely out of interest if nothing else :o
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I'm sure if this thread keeps building Itv will become aware of it.

Had There not been the John Leslie scandal I wonder where Philip would be now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Hi all! Two points:

A. Does anyone think holly may be pregnant?? Moyles asked her how she was today and said something about 'uncle Phil'. Schofe looked shocked/worried. Plus, she's quit the voice?!

B. Am I the only one getting wound up by the 'celebrating 25 yrs of tm' ad completely omitting fern?! Airbrushing her out of its past when she's sctually been a massive part of it?! I know I really shouldn't care this much but it's really annoying me!!