Options

Poor Christopher

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said her motivations were pure, I don't doubt for a second that it was the get pauline out chants that spurred it on, all I'm saying is that the outcome was that Pauline acted genuinely nice and comforting to Christopher when he broke down and this is somehow being twisted and interpreted as Pauline being malicious when it was anything but. People need to remember it was Helen who started turning the house against Christopher to begin with, not Pauline, and so far Pauline has been literally the only one to tell him why almost the entire house is against him and try to help him, whereas 95% of the other housemates just talk about him behind his back.

You're certainly right about the vile Helen & Co. >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Christopher is a little weak and spineless, but I like him for it. Mainly because he reminds me of myself. I always think that if someone pisses me of I am going to go all guns blazing and tell them how I feel. In reality, I just cower, shake and cry and apologise for thinking that they were wrong. It's something I'm not proud of, but I just hate confrontation and conflict.

I also like him because he's gorgeous ;)

Aww hun I can understand. a lot of people don't like any kind of confrontation and thats exactly how he is. nothing for him to feel embarrassed about , its just people like Pauline seems to take advantage of this weakness.
  • Options
    Rio FantasticRio Fantastic Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're certainly right about the vile Helen & Co. >:(

Thanks for ignoring the majority of my post where I make (in my opinon) cogent, logical and rational points defending Pauline and just cherrypicking the bit about Helen. :rolleyes: *sigh*
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about OP? I know Pauline has been vile in the house but I thought this incident was maybe the only nice thing she's done since day one. Chistopher is a spineless wimp who after talking for days about how he's going to express his viewpoints and verbally take on people who offend him goes crawling back to Pauline the day after his one and only confrontation in the house and starts crying and apologising twenty times. Pauline showed a surprising warmth and seemed to me to be genuinely trying to comfort the guy and make up with him, she didn't say a single thing to encourage the floodgates to open, that just happened because Christopher is a pussy cat who like to think he stands up for what he believes in and all that malarkey when really he's a feeble softy who can't stand any kind of confrontation.

The anti-Pauline camp is getting really ravenous. The one nice thing Pauline does and you somehow manage to twist it into Pauline being an evil, vile witch when she was hugging the guy, crying with him, apologising herself and in the nicest way possible trying to tell him how he's getting on people's nerves.

Pauline tells people what they should say and do

Christopher, in his desperation not to be excluded anymore, deferred to her and more or less promised to try to do as she wants in future

That's why she hugged him ... not out of kindness, but as a patronizing sign of her approval of his 'non-recidivist' behaviour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for ignoring the majority of my post where I make (in my opinon) cogent, logical and rational points defending Pauline and just cherrypicking the bit about Helen. :rolleyes: *sigh*

Because the majority of it was wrong imo, as I already stated ...and you seem to be alone in your thinking *smh*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter rubbish..Pauline changed her tune to Christopher after hearing the audience reaction, simple as that. The nasty old bag will be out Friday anyway.

Exactly what I was going to say. totally changed since hearing the audience. Just watch her trying to be nice these next few days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »

Christopher, in his desperation not to be excluded anymore, deferred to her and more or less promised to try to do as she wants in future

That's why she hugged him ... not out of kindness, but as a patronizing sign of her approval of his 'non-recidivist' behaviour

Spot on :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said her motivations were pure, I don't doubt for a second that it was the get pauline out chants that spurred it on, all I'm saying is that the outcome was that Pauline acted genuinely nice and comforting to Christopher when he broke down and this is somehow being twisted and interpreted as Pauline being malicious when it was anything but. People need to remember it was Helen who started turning the house against Christopher to begin with, not Pauline, and so far Pauline has been literally the only one to tell him why almost the entire house is against him and try to help him, whereas 95% of the other housemates just talk about him behind his back.

They've targeted the lad because hes soft . I still cannot understand or have even seen how hes meant to be grating on others and what hes doing. nothing has been shown apart from him moving from one to another trying to strike up friendship. whether they feel this is game playing or not I feel the lad is genuine.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I don't think Christopher is a particularly confrontational person (which is no bad thing, in my view), but he has a sense of right and wrong and would probably like to speak out a bit more than he has done so far. However, he's been worn down, weakened, by being isolated, and even mocked by the self-perceived 'cool kids'. Pauline is indulging in a bit of damage limitation rather than genuine kindness, but it's too little too late. Poor old Christopher is taking what he can get, in the absence of any genuine kindness (except perhaps from Jale).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    They've targeted the lad because hes soft . I still cannot understand or have even seen how hes meant to be grating on others and what hes doing. nothing has been shown apart from him moving from one to another trying to strike up friendship. whether they feel this is game playing or not I feel the lad is genuine.

Excuse my french, but bullshit. I'd agree with you if it was just the so-called "Populars" that were saying it, but if they were indeed targeting him, why did Chris nominate him? Why do even nice housemates like Danielle & Kimberley also see how he annoys people? He's clearly doing something wrong to piss people off and it's just not being shown in the highlights, else people like the three I've mentioned wouldn't be privately also saying how irritating he is. I think he's genuine too, but I also think he's genuinely rubbing people the wrong way. There's no malice in Chris, Kimberley or Danielle against him but even they can also see how he pisses people off, how do you explain that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »

Excellent post and exactly what Jale said to him other night. Pauline wants every one to fall into line and if they don't there are consequences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good post. You're right, the vile insiders are targeting him because he is a bit soft and they can smell it.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher asked for it. No, he literally asked for a conversation with his "poor manners" as the topic of discussion. And he has enough sense to know that it would just end in extended reproach. He needs to get a backbone. I've no sympathy for him.

He did not ask to be talked down to like a naughty schoolboy. he did not ask to be ostracised and made fun of. Victims of bullying do not ask for it.

He wanted to clear the air with the bully because he was tired of feeling disliked and left outside the group and all that bully did was project their own hateful feelings back on to him, as bullies are often wont to do.

Pauline has a backbone - do you think she's a better person for it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good post. You're right, the vile insiders are targeting him because he is a bit soft and they can smell it.

If Christopher is so innocent, why did Chris nominate him? Has he become one of the "vile insiders" now as well?? Why have Danielle & Kimberley discussed how he annoys people, rather than expressing surprise and confusion at the in-group's behaviour towards him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse my french, but bullshit. I'd agree with you if it was just the so-called "Populars" that were saying it, but if they were indeed targeting him, why did Chris nominate him? Why do even nice housemates like Danielle & Kimberley also see how he annoys people? He's clearly doing something wrong to piss people off and it's just not being shown in the highlights, else people like the three I've mentioned wouldn't be privately also saying how irritating he is. I think he's genuine too, but I also think he's genuinely rubbing people the wrong way. There's no malice in Chris, Kimberley or Danielle against him but even they can also see how he pisses people off, how do you explain that?

I can't but even Chris said he felt sorry for him. I'd have to see it in the highlights myself to have a real opinion on it. I feel sorry for the guy and the way hes been ostrichised by most of housemates. then to be made fun of by the pack saying "boring" is disgraceful playground picking on. how do u think he feels when all he wants is to fit in.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's their problem, not his. He's not a bitch, a malicious person or a backstabber. If he's slightly socially awkward, so what?

You shouldn't have to be a carbon copy of everyone else just to fit in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't but even Chris said he felt sorry for him. I'd have to see it in the highlights myself to have a real opinion on it. I feel sorry for the guy and the way hes been ostrichised by most of housemates. then to be made fun of by the pack saying "boring" is disgraceful playground picking on. how do u think he feels when all he wants is to fit in.

I'm not defending the out-and-out bullying that they were doing, and I thought it was horrible and malicious when they were repeating "boring" at him, and I feel bad for the guy as well. Mark shot down in my estimation then, whereas the others couldn't have gotten any lower then they already were. I'm just pointing out that the opinion among some of you, that it's just the "Populars" who have picked him out to ostracise him just because he's an easy target is clearly wrong.

By the way dear, I think the word you're looking for is "ostracised". Unless you think Pauline is a literal witch and has actually turned him into an ostrich ;-)
    That's their problem, not his. He's not a bitch, a malicious person or a backstabber. If he's slightly socially awkward, so what?

You shouldn't have to be a carbon copy of everyone else just to fit in.

Well it clearly is his problem because whatever it is it's quickly turning the entire house against him and it's obviously getting to him as shown by him bursting into tears with Pauline. I'm not attacking the guy or saying he's necessarily a bad person, just that he's doing SOMETHING to piss people off and that he isn't being targeted just by Helen & co for no reason as evinced by other housemates noticing his irritating behaviour as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did not ask to be talked down to like a naughty schoolboy. he did not ask to be ostracised and made fun of. Victims of bullying do not ask for it.

He wanted to clear the air with the bully because he was tired of feeling disliked and left outside the group and all that bully did was project their own hateful feelings back on to him, as bullies are often wont to do.

Pauline has a backbone - do you think she's a better person for it?

Hey , what a brilliant post and spot on. this is exactly what happens in a school ground when someone is being bullied. they try everything to get in with the bully in the hope it makes their life easier.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol @ ostrichised!
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Watching Pauline is like watching mother dearest. Nasty way to isolate someone and then offers her bosom of comfort or aka bosom of doom. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Genuine question - Are these 'nice' housemates just saying that they have observed that Christopher annoys some of the other HMs (as I have, without being annoyed by him myself), or are they saying that they themselves are annoyed by him? If it's the former, the fault may well not lie in Christopher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    Lol @ ostrichised!
    That's my new favourite word. :)
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    That's my new favourite word. :)

Being forced to bury your head in the sand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Genuine question - Are these 'nice' housemates just saying that they have observed that Christopher annoys some of the other HMs (as I have, without being annoyed by him myself), or are they saying that they themselves are annoyed by him? If it's the former, the fault may well not lie in Christopher.

Why is nice in quotation marks?? Are you implying now that Chris, Kimberley & Danielle have also joined the ranks of the "nasty insiders"?? Are Christopher and Jale the only nice housmates now? ¬_¬

To answer your question if you watch Chris' nomination & watch what Kimberley says about Christopher it's pretty clear that Christopher annoys them also but to a much lesser extent as they totally empathise with those who are actively almost bullying Christopher, which didn't happen when it was Jale who they were rallying againt.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is nice in quotation marks?? Are you implying now that Chris, Kimberley & Danielle have also joined the ranks of the "nasty insiders"?? Are Christopher and Jale the only nice housmates now? ¬_¬

To answer your question if you watch Chris' nomination & watch what Kimberley says about Christopher it's pretty clear that Christopher annoys them also but to a much lesser extent as they totally empathise with those who are actively almost bullying Christopher, which didn't happen when it was Jale who they were rallying againt.

Hi rio did u receive my reply