Options

multi region dvd players

Anybody able to help
im getting a new dvd player and dont know which to get i have a goodmans 3000 decent enough but i want a multi region player ...what if any is the best option for up to £150 ive a goodman 16:9 widescreen tv to connect it to.
cheers
eddsy

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Try looking at some of the Toshiba's famtastic kit at reasonable prices
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your player can be 'adjusted' for multi region according to DVD reviewer see here

Note: I take no responsibility for the reliability of this information.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Ive just had a look at the spec on my tv and it says it isnt ntsc playback/compatible has that knackered the option of being able to play region 1 dvds on a multi region player connected to my tv
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by eedsy
    Ive just had a look at the spec on my tv and it says it isnt ntsc playback/compatible has that knackered the option of being able to play region 1 dvds on a multi region player connected to my tv

I am not claiming to be an expert on this but according to the instruction manual of my player you can watch NTSC DVDs on a PAL TV by switching the DVD player to "PAL 60". I tried this and the colours looked a bit washed-out but watchable; switching the DVD player to "AUTO" made the colours richer but presumably that's because my TV, although quite old, is NTSC compatible.
  • Options
    chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Ive just had a look at the spec on my tv and it says it isnt ntsc playback/compatible has that knackered the option of being able to play region 1 dvds on a multi region player connected to my tv"

Thats just the question I'v been waiting for an answer to - too

I think some (all?) dvd can do some form of NSTC > PAL conversion. But don;t often see it in the products spec, so either they all do it as a matter of course ( since they are global products) - or its an option you need to see specifically mentioned in the spec.

Awaiting clarification