• CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    those Conan ratings do suprise me
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 'Harry Potter Week' on Daybreak.
    I guess if the kids don't watch the show this week, they never will.

Interesting news from Million Pound Drop's Facebook page...
    Thanks to all you Dr Who fans out there who got in touch about the Dr Who question on last Friday's show. After speaking to the Dr Who production team at the BBC we can confirm that Sylvester McCoy is the correct answer to the question. As a result Johnny and Dee will be coming back to continue their game on Friday's show - with £325,000 at Question 4. Can they beat The Million Pound Drop?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    I know it's only the first night and things may well change but those opening numbers for Conan are brilliant!

Although it may not have seemed it at the time, perhaps what happened at NBC was the best thing that could have happened to him.
  • sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,473
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Total Viewers:
    Conan - 4.2m
    Jay Leno - 3.5m
    David Letterman - 3.4m
    Lopez Tonight - 1.4m
    Jon Stewart - 1.3m

Adults 18-49:
    Conan - 3,285,000
    David Letterman - 1,336,000
    Jay Leno - 952,000
    Lopez Tonight - 883,000
    Daily Show - 687,000

Median Age:
    Conan - 30
    Lopez Tonight - 32
    Daily Show - 38
    David Letterman - 53
    Jay Leno - 59

Conan & Jon Stewart start at 11pm. Jon Stewart is just 30 minutes. Conan runs for the full hour. Lopez scored his highest ever ratings despite moving to midnight. Both Letterman & Leno start at 11.35pm.

Brilliant start for Conan - the 18-49 skew is amazing.

I've no doubt once the hype fades his overall viewer numbers will fall well below Leno and Letterman - but he'll have to fall a hell of a long way to lose out on 18-49's, which is after all, what the networks really care about (despite whatever the press releases might say :D)

Jay Leno's return has so far fallen badly short. TVBTN keep doing a great graph which charts his ratings compared to Conan last year. It's seriously embarassing for NBC. The machinations of the last 18 months have maimed possibly America's best loved TV franchise. What a bloody disaster.
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Monday 8th November 2010
    BBC1
    20:00 - EastEnders: 9.8m (38.0%)
    21:00 - Spooks: 5.4m (20.5%)

ITV (inc ITV HD)
    19:00 - Emmerdale: 8.4m (36.7%)
    19:30 - Coronation Street: 10.8m (44.5%)
    20:30 - Coronation Street: 11.0m (41.7%)

Excellent for Corrie. :D That's their most watched episode of the year so far! This is based on full slot averages for the whole year and not tape-checked ratings. The previous best overnight episode was on Mon 4th Jan 2010 which scored 10.8m. However the most watched episode officially is for an episode on Mon 22nd Feb 2010 which averaged 12.03m (the overnight rating was 10.7m) for the episode where Joe died.

Emmerdale also pulls in a massive rating and their best figure since Thu 4th Feb 2010 which also drew 8.4m. Also that's EE's best rating since Mon 1st March 2010 (that episode had 10.2m).

Also glad the Spooks finale also perfomed well. And it was good to see another series is on the cards for 2011, but it's hard to see where things are going to go after last nights episode.
    so is the worm turning? :p
    good but not spectacular Corrie overnights, even I watched to say goodbye to Vince St Clair ;)

It was their most watched episode of the year so far in the overnights!
    11.6m on Digital Spy's Soap section excludes the last 5 minutes, so that is for 20:30 to 20:55. I imagine it'll be over 12 million in the officials. ITV Press Office on Twitter reports a peak of 12.3m for the second episode.

Excellent peak! I hope Corrie can keep this up now and build momemtum ahead of the 50th Anniversary! :)
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I know it's only the first night and things may well change but those opening numbers for Conan are brilliant!

Although it may not have seemed it at the time, perhaps what happened at NBC was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Perfectly timed I'd have thought at 11pm when most the networks switch to news.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Sarah Jane is doing well for the CBBC Channel

1 THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES (TUE 1717) 960,000
    2 THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES (MON 1717) 920,000

Anyone know how the second showings do on Wed/Thu 4.30pm BBC One?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link (Travis Yanan): http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63310451/m/911103433/p/6

Link (TVbyTN): http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/09/monday-finals-dancing-castle-mike-lauer-gwb-interview-90210-up/71452

ABC:
    Dancing with the Stars (121 minutes, 97% coverage ABC normally 98%)
    - 19.952 million viewers
    - 12.7/19 HH
    - 4.0/10 A18-49

Castle (59 minutes, 97% coverage)
    - 10.827 million viewers
    - 7.1/12 HH
    - 2.5/7 A18-49

CBS:
    How I Met Your Mother
    - 8.867 million viewers
    - 5.5/8 HH
    - 3.5/9 A18-49

Rules of Engagement
    - 8.193 million viewers
    - 5.0/7 HH
    - 3.0/8 A18-49

Two and a Half Men (31 minutes)
    - 13.628 million viewers
    - 8.3/12 HH
    - 4.3/11 A18-49

Mike & Molly
    - 10.804 million viewers
    - 6.7/10 HH
    - 3.5/9 A18-49

Hawaii Five-0 (59 minutes)
    - 10.228 million viewers
    - 6.5/11 HH
    - 2.9/8 A18-49

NBC:
    Matt Lauer Reports: George W. Bush
    - 7.041 million viewers
    - 4.5/7 HH
    - 1.8/5 A18-49

The Event
    - 5.539 million viewers
    - 3.6/5 HH
    - 1.7/4 A18-49

Chase
    - 4.550 million viewers
    - 3.2/6 HH
    - 1.2/3 A18-49

FOX:
    House (61 minutes, 97% coverage FOX normally 98%)
    - 9.627 million viewers
    - 5.7/9 HH
    - 3.7/10 A18-49

Lie to Me (59 minutes, 97% coverage)
    - 5.230 million viewers
    - 3.2/5 HH
    - 1.8/4 A18-49

CW:
    - 1.885 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 A18-34
    - 1.7/5 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.782 million viewers
    - 1.2/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 1.4/4 A18-34
    - 2.3/6 W18-34
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was How I Met Your Mother a repeat? ratings seem low
    fugitive wrote: »

that is even more impressive than when EE gets 900,000 in primetime
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    was How I Met Your Mother a repeat? ratings seem low

Nope, a new episode. ABC and CBS were pre-empted in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati respectively for Monday Night Football. Hence, most shows finals are lower than prelims. Though, the pre-empt didn't affect HIMYM, demo-wise.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had it confirmed by Danielle Nagler: BBC1 figures include BBC1 HD.

I get the impression she doesn't know her arse from her elbow.

I remain to be convinced, particularly as some on this thread are positively asserting that SCD only had 10.2m on Sunday (because they believe BBC1HD figures are automatically included) whilst Broadcast (the trade bible) seems convinced it was 10.2m plus 0.3m on BBC1HD.
    The 5.1m rating for Brazil is actually the lowest Brazil rating since 2006. (in 2008, it had 8.8m)

Er - but the Brazillian GP has never started at 4pm with coverage from 3.10pm before! :rolleyes:

Those are superb figures.
    One more Sunday rating:

11:15 - The FA Cup Live: 0.9m (9.2%)

I won't describe that rating, but I'm sure Robbie will pop along later with a few words of his own to describe the above!

Sounds OK... :D

I'm assuming that must have been twice what BBC1's hum-drum league game got? Anyone know?

It would probably have been cheaper for ITV to organise tickets, coaches and accommodation for anyone who wanted to go to the game than to transmit it!
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whilst Broadcast (the trade bible) seems convinced it was 10.2m plus 0.3m on BBC1HD.

Broadcast hasnt been very reliable for quite a while now.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remain to be convinced, particularly as some on this thread are positively asserting that SCD only had 10.2m on Sunday (because they believe BBC1HD figures are automatically included) whilst Broadcast (the trade bible) seems convinced it was 10.2m plus 0.3m on BBC1HD.

In this case, I'd be tempted to believe Danielle Nagler over Broadcast, which has proved to be unreliable in the past.
    Er - but the Brazillian GP has never started at 4pm with coverage from 3.10pm before! :rolleyes:

Those are superb figures.

I didn't say they weren't good (disagree about the superb logic though), I was merely pointing out that it is the lowest since 2006. No need for the roll eyes either, I'm only pointing out the facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would love to see how the demos break down for SJA, compared to other CBBC shows.

It is intersting that you could say that like Chris Moyles "SJA is too old for CBBC" and its exactly the kind of thing the BBC Trust would say.

That said the show does do well to balance both its Doctor Who side, and its CBBC side even episodes like "Death to the Doctor" feature the shows young cast, and have plenty for the younger viewers, even if the episode was cleary written for fans of the Classic series. Heck last weeks episodes was Cylde & Rani alone for must of the show, yet probaly still managed those high figures..
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »

Blimey! Probably the fifth or sixth most watched programme in its timeslot and not far behind Channel Five and ITV1.

I hadn't realised it was doing quite that well. I thought maybe 500-600k.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe40 wrote: »
    Interesting news from Million Pound Drop's Facebook page...
    Thanks to all you Dr Who fans out there who got in touch about the Dr Who question on last Friday's show. After speaking to the Dr Who production team at the BBC we can confirm that Sylvester McCoy is the correct answer to the question. As a result Johnny and Dee will be coming back to continue their game on Friday's show - with £325,000 at Question 4. Can they beat The Million Pound Drop?

Wow - I'll be watching now.

It reminds me of an Only Fools and Horses show where Del was on a quiz show and phoned Rodney, who gave him the right answer. Del then went with it and lost, then the producers rang back, but Del said give it all to charity.

Oh those were the days :D
    Forum Member
    Seven
    18:00 Seven News 1.31m
    18:30 Today Tonight 1.31m
    19:00 Home and Away 1.04m
    19:30 Iron Chef Australia 0.93m
    20:30 Packed to the Rafters 2.09m
    *easily the number one show of the night in Total People & all key demographics;
    *third most watched episode of all-time after last week's high of 2.34m.

21:30 Parenthood 0.86m

Nine
    18:00 Nine News 1.20m
    18:30 A Current Affair 1.15m
    19:00 Two and a Half Men (R) 0.95m
    19:30 The National IQ Test 1.03m
    22:00 Survivor: Nicaragua 0.51m

Ten
    18:00 The Simpsons (R) 0.56m
    18:30 Neighbours 0.58m
    19:00 The 7pm Project 0.79m
    19:30 Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation 1.23m
    20:30 NCIS 1.11m
    21:30 NCIS: Los Angeles (R) 0.71m
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that Saturday night's Take that programme on ITV1 is made in black-and-white:eek:. I wonder if that will have an adverse effect on the ratings.

Dear Points Of View: I don't pay £145.50 a year for a colour TV licence to watch programmes in primetime in black and white.:mad:

Dear TV Viewer: We only deal with BBC programmes. Take it else where.:mad:

I'd like to see more programmes made in black-and-white, just for a laugh. It used to be that films (in the 1960's) and TV programmes (circa 1967 - early 70s) might be made in black and white instead of in colour because it was cheaper. In these austere times, does that still apply? Could that be a way of TV companies saving cash?:D
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Robbie, SCD breakdown:
    rzt wrote: »
    Just to confirm, Sunday's Strictly Come Dancing had 10.2m (36.6%) including HD. Not 10.57m which was initially thought.

Breakdown was:

19.30 10.1m 36.9%
    19.45 10.3m 36.3%

That's up 0.1m from last week. TXF was up 1.0m from the week before. Also TXF was ahead of SCD by 4.7m on Sunday! Not bad for a show that's not gathering any momentum! ;):D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coronation Street did well; I guess more couldn't really be expected from it. It provided a great lead it for The Little House while Spooks did well for BBC1 which had a strong night on the whole. Emmerdale and EastEnders both performed excellently, maybe both boosted by the key Coronation Street storyline (I'm sure the soaps boost each other when one has a climax to a plot).
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - I'll be watching now.

It reminds me of an Only Fools and Horses show where Del was on a quiz show and phoned Rodney, who gave him the right answer. Del then went with it and lost, then the producers rang back, but Del said give it all to charity.

No, please don't remind us of that. Millions of us are trying to forget that episode. :cry:

Still, it would have been better had ITV's then boss not shafted the Beeb by withdrawing at the very last minute the right to have Del go on Millionaire (then the biggest thing on TV by miles - could have been a classic Christmas telly moment) by insisting that ITV had the repeat rights to that episode of OFAH in return. Something the Beeb could never accede to. Hence the eleventh hour rewrite to bring in the fictional Jonathan Ross quiz show literally a couple of weeks before the special aired on Christmas Day - all seemed a pointless plot diversion without it being Millionaire.
    That's up 0.1m from last week. TXF was up 1.0m from the week before. Also TXF was ahead of SCD by 4.7m on Sunday! Not bad for a show that's not gathering any momentum! ;):D

Well, the main show-proper isn't gathering momentum. 12.2m yet again.

His Sunday night Top of the Pops-cum-eviction show gathered momentum though this week, even I can't argue with that...
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Just noticed that Saturday night's Take that programme on ITV1 is made in black-and-white:eek:. I wonder if that will have an adverse effect on the ratings.

Dear Points Of View: I don't pay £145.50 a year for a colour TV licence to watch programmes in primetime in black and white.:mad:

Dear TV Viewer: We only deal with BBC programmes. Take it else where.:mad:

I'd like to see more programmes made in black-and-white, just for a laugh. It used to be that films (in the 1960's) and TV programmes (circa 1967 - early 70s) might be made in black and white instead of in colour because it was cheaper. In these austere times, does that still apply? Could that be a way of TV companies saving cash?:D

I wonder if in those early days of colour whether people were debating whether the ratings included those watching in colour or not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »

I know the promo was in Black and White - but where have you heard that the whole thing is in black and white?
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    sstripling wrote: »
    I know the promo was in Black and White - but where have you heard that the whole thing is in black and white?

It is!

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=29&programmeId=143646830&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp
    Subtitled, Widescreen, Black & White

:confused:
This discussion has been closed.