Options

Oh god no!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,044
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Coming next fall on Fox its [DRUMROLL] THE X-FACTOR U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_Factor_(U.S.)

I thought American Idol was known as the american x factor but not according to the "clever" execs. at Fox who cancel amazing shows like Arrested Development, Family Guy (twice:eek:) and Futurama, they also never gave Firefly a chance (airing it on Friday Nights) and they kept trying to get rid of King of the Hill and they keep pre-empting American Dad for short-lived live-action shows (ITS CALLED ANIMATION DOMINATION SUNDAY FOR A REASON:mad:) but they will greenlight more of these 'polished turd' type shows which are basically a glorified karaoke night at the pub (with the sob-story to 'tug at the heart and fog the mind' and to push the ratings up) so it looks like Fox will have this type of tripe on most of the year now.:eek::eek::o

Comments

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cowell magic goose keeps laying golden turds.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it stays in the States and doesn't darken our screens again, I say go for it Simon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it stays in the States and doesn't darken our screens again, I say go for it Simon.

At least it didn't end up on NBC (oh boy:o)
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course it won't, it will be shown on ITV2 in this country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Of course it won't, it will be shown on ITV2 in this country.

Who cares about shITeV2 anyway :)
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    godzilla55 wrote: »

I thought American Idol was known as the american x factor but not according to the "clever" execs. at Fox who cancel amazing shows like Arrested Development, Family Guy (twice:eek:) and Futurama, they also never gave Firefly a chance (airing it on Friday Nights) and they kept trying to get rid of King of the Hill and they keep pre-empting American Dad for short-lived live-action shows (ITS CALLED ANIMATION DOMINATION SUNDAY FOR A REASON:mad:) but they will greenlight more of these 'polished turd' type shows which are basically a glorified karaoke night at the pub (with the sob-story to 'tug at the heart and fog the mind' and to push the ratings up) so it looks like Fox will have this type of tripe on most of the year now.:eek::eek::o

Because it is cheaper than any of those programmes you have mentioned
    Cowell = Cheap telly, dressed up as entertainment. The money comes in through other routes such as phone votes, downloading tracks, free talent, blind stylists, etc if you can come up with something cheaper that will appeal to as many people on a Saturday night you could take his reign away.

As it is he is here to stay for a while i'm afraid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you have only just discovered this? It's been planned for an eternity.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And none of the shows you mentioned would even get made unless shows like Idol made FOX the money they use to make them.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Who cares, try a more descriptive title next time save clicking and reading about this old guff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is cheaper than any of those programmes you have mentioned
    Cowell = Cheap telly, dressed up as entertainment. The money comes in through other routes such as phone votes, downloading tracks, free talent, blind stylists, etc if you can come up with something cheaper that will appeal to as many people on a Saturday night you could take his reign away.

As it is he is here to stay for a while i'm afraid.
    Who watches TV on Saturday Nights in America:confused:
    Mijath wrote: »
    How can you have only just discovered this? It's been planned for an eternity.

Because I don't pay attention TV gossip like this.
  • Options
    PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the problem? American Idol has always been on fox and it's doing ok.

EDIT: Misread first post as compaining about fox getting x-facor and going to cancel that quick as well, ignore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote: »
    Whats the problem? American Idol has always been on fox and it's doing ok.

Does Fox really need 2 of these:confused:
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Fox really need 2 of these:confused:
    Yes. Autumn is awful for them. It really drags them down.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I thought American Idol was known as the american x factor...

No, "American Idol" was made as a US version of the UK's "Pop Idol."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I know it is too much to hope for... but how about Cowell and Co just stay over there? *looks hopeful*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    No, "American Idol" was made as a US version of the UK's "Pop Idol."

Yes but AI and XF are essentially the same format
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AI and XF are essentially the same format

Not quite. American Idol is only open to soloists, doesn't have the judges acting as mentors and I don't think that the contestants are split into categories.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the main reason to take the auditions to a live audience, so this could be the format when the show launched in the US, thus being different to Idol. There may be other changes coming as well, so we'll have to see...

PersonallyI would like to see a shorter run, just 10 weeks in total for the season, 6 weeks of live shows, but you know it's not gonna happen. It'll be at least 13 episodes.
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the main reason to take the auditions to a live audience
    No... that was so they could create "Susan Boyle" moments with fake clapping and standing ovations.