Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    Hi Becky,I was sort of making a joke .:)

As a similar age to our Lizzie ,I have no clue what "loon pants" are,and have no Inclination to google. ( I was a bit of a Northern Soulie back then).She mentions them all the time though.

She sure will have some story,but it will involve her virginal love for Cassidy,Davy Jones or whoever:yawn:.

It will be the fault of foolish girls who aren't as smart as Liz.:mad::mad:

Loon pants. Just trousers with huge bell bottoms laring out from the knee really.
    Could be denim as well as fabric like these.

http://blog.monstervintage.com/wp-content/uploads/bells-4.jpg

Horrid aren't they, but I bet Lizard thought she looked the dog's whatsits in hers. :D
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loon pants. Just trousers with huge bell bottoms laring out from the knee really.

Horrid aren't they, but I bet Lizard thought she looked the dog's whatsits in hers. :D

oh goodness!
    Give me my flares and Birmingham bags any day:eek::D
    Just to add,I was a nasty cow and used my mums old long dress to make a circle skirt, :p
  • BeabarbBeabarb Posts: 24
    Forum Member

I was going to reply to this but I can't cause u can't stop laughing at the thought of the lizard wearing these!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beabarb wrote: »
    I was going to reply to this but I can't cause u can't stop laughing at the thought of the lizard wearing these!!!!
    Oddly I can see it. :eek:
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick recap about Lizard's sartorial elegance
    http://instagram.com/p/PlvUrrCR5i
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Becky,I was sort of making a joke .:)

I thought so, and agree that -as we speak- LJ is probably tip-tapping away on yet another 'all men are beasts' screed :rolleyes:. Btw: welcome to the thread :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    Quick recap about Lizard's sartorial elegance
    http://instagram.com/p/PlvUrrCR5i

What is that?
    Bald bag lady on acid chic?
    Yuk this must have eluded me/ made me black out:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought so, and agree that -as we speak- LJ is probably tip-tapping away on yet another 'all men are beasts' screed :rolleyes:. Btw: welcome to the thread :)

Thanks for the welcome:)
    I like this thread,and would never give LJ the satisfaction of a comment,
    I read here a lot,and stick my tuppence in when she is particularly irksome.:D
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome:)
    I like this thread,and would never give LJ the satisfaction of a comment,
    I read here a lot,and stick my tuppence in when she is particularly irksome.:D

...ie only when she writes!
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member

My loon pants were one-coloured. Yes, I wore them, but I wouldn't have been seen dead in those pictured! I left the colourful part to the smocks I wore over them.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see democracy in action on the Liz Jones Appreciation group on Facebook - the mod (are they called that on there?) has removed all the anti-Liz posts! :eek: There's not an awful lot left though ..... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see today that Liz is trying to show empathy for the poor people in Haiti.
    It still ends up all about her though, (we get treated to lots of shots of the denim micro shorts and designer biker boots.)
    Particularly impressive was telling the local witch doctor how her life was soo unlucky:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still ends up all about her though, (we get treated to lots of shots of the denim micro shorts and designer biker boots.)
    Particularly impressive was telling the local witch doctor how her life was soo unlucky:rolleyes:

...and she didn't even check whether the 'potion' he gave (sold?) her was vegan or anything! :rolleyes:
    I particularly liked this comment:
    'Haiti is not all about devastation and hand-outs, but also about' ... You?
    - phil, ardrossan Scotland., United Kingdom, 21/10/2012 10:33
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even more hilarious was her tale of getting sick. I know it's wicked to mock the afflicted, but in her case I'll make an exception.:D
    And is there anything, really, in the power of voodoo, apart from gloriously colourful symbols sewn on to flags and etched in wood and tin? That evening, after my visit to see the priest, I did as I was bidden and slathered my body in the oil before slipping into my enormous bed, fans whirring above my head. During the night I was more violently ill than I have ever been in my life.
    I threw up and by morning, my room and bathroom looked as though there had been another earthquake. I could not move, nor sip water. The hotel had to call an emergency physician to tend to my raging fever. It could have been the oil, it could have been the rice and veg I had eaten the night before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2218128/Liz-Jones-Nearly-years-devastating-Haitian-earthquake-help.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even more hilarious was her tale of getting sick. I know it's wicked to mock the afflicted, but in her case I'll make an exception.:D

Funny she got sick,but did she really call emergency for a bit of vom?

ETA Fatsia.forgot it must have been some evil animal ingrediant,maybe soft leather?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny she got sick,but did she really call emergency for a bit of vom?

ETA Fatsia.forgot it must have been some evil animal ingrediant,maybe soft leather?:D

She probably would call out a doctor for an upset tummy - even amongst the deprivation of Haiti it's all about MeMeMe, don'tcha know?
    And I think the correct terminology is "buttery soft leather"! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    She probably would call out a doctor for an upset tummy - even amongst the deprivation of Haiti it's all about MeMeMe, don'tcha know?

Bugger,slap my thighs for omitting buttery:D

ETA,should it not be margeriny(sp) though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And is there anything, really, in the power of voodoo, apart from gloriously colourful symbols sewn on to flags and etched in wood and tin? That evening, after my visit to see the priest, I did as I was bidden and slathered my body in the oil before slipping into my enormous bed, fans whirring above my head. During the night I was more violently ill than I have ever been in my life...

Presumably, the part of the ceremony where the Witchdoctor mentioned sticking pins in a wax dolly was 'lost in translation'. [And haven't we previously speculated that the FRS could be a Zombie ?] ;).. The Haitian article wasn't quite as Liz-centred as her Somalian one - though what was going on with the 'off the shoulder' pose with the quilt, I don't know... Seriously: I hope that the project mentioned is successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »

The long-suffering hotel staff would probably recommend a very nice chap called 'Papa Doc' ... [OK - getting my coat right now]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the DM wanted to bring attention to this then why send LJ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The long-suffering hotel staff would probably recommend a very nice chap called 'Papa Doc' ... [OK - getting my coat right now]

Ouch:D
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really does not like India knight:-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murraymar wrote: »
    She really does not like India knight:-)

I am clueless who this is so may have to go google,

Anyway Liz hates most women so nobody needs to feel lonely:)

Not liking what I have read about this woman,oddly I am agreeing with Liz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LJ -vs- India: Harpy history . Imho, India Knight's original tweet - in response to digs LJ made in the first place - would not have you clutching your sides with laughter, etc, - it's pretty nasty even by our standards...But puleeeze! LJ is not exactly Mother Theresa, herself. All today's complaint boils down to is loving to 'dish it out' but being completely unable to take it. Though I did have a good old rotf at the idea of a journalist learning of insults by another via a -highly convenient- 'little old lady' taking the trouble to send in the offending page via snail mail... Even I managed to see the original Tweet despite remaining phobic about setting up an account [ - sorry again, Facebook group..:o:o].
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it my crap IT skills.... or has today's India Knight rant since been removed from the DM site? :confused:EDIT - the answer is 'a]' http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2220669/Spouting-filth-s-VERY-strange-way-stick-free-speech.html
This discussion has been closed.