Options

Next series celebrity short list...

Leapy Lee, old one hit wonder from the late 60's is apparently being short-listed for "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of There" along with Rolf Harris and Freddie Starr... arrrgh!

Click here

Do you know any others on the list?

Comments

• Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noteshift wrote: »
    Leapy Lee, old one hit wonder from the late 60's is apparently being short-listed for "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of There" along with Rolf Harris and Freddie Starr... arrrgh!

Click here

Do you know any others on the list?

Blimey talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel, have they approached Black Lace, Norman Collier and 2 Unlimited yet? This show really is desperate to attract has beens and Leapy Lee must really be Z list. However, there is this irony factor with some of the celebs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tip Toe through the Jungle,
    wouldn't want to squash a ratty,
    So its Tiptoe through the jungle with Gino and me. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I`d rather sit and stare at a blank wall!
    I`m a celebrity-if you`re a celebrity(most are twits,just trying to prop up flagging careers)stay in the jungle-we do not want you back here!
    Jennifer Kersey(miss)
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the celeb jungle was finished with the last series? I do hope they do another one, I love it regardless of who's in it
  • Options
    Finchy44Finchy44 Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    Finchy44Finchy44 Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shedhedd wrote: »
    I thought the celeb jungle was finished with the last series? I do hope they do another one, I love it regardless of who's in it

I'm not sure what made you think that, I haven't heard anything along those lines. As far as I'm aware it coming back in the autumn. BB before that though:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Blimey talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel, have they approached Black Lace, Norman Collier and 2 Unlimited yet? This show really is desperate to attract has beens and Leapy Lee must really be Z list. However, there is this irony factor with some of the celebs.

Peter Shilton has apparently been tipped to go into the jungle also!! This is relevant due to the World Cup and Peter still being the worlds most capped player.
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shellyk85 wrote: »
    Peter Shilton has apparently been tipped to go into the jungle also!! This is relevant due to the World Cup and Peter still being the worlds most capped player.

Shilton is the most capped player for England, not the world. He is the only the 33rd most capped male footballer of all the world's international football teams.

The record holder is actually a woman - Kristine Lilly of the USA.

Quite what relevance I'm A Celeb will have to the World Cup - given that IAC will take place five months after the World Cup is all over and long forgotten about - I'm not sure.

As for speculating about who may or may not be on IAC this far in advance, personally I'm all for getting outdoors a bit more... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I hear two of katie prices' friends are going in. Oh noooooo. She;s going to be popping up all the time to support them. Cant we have a programme without her on it.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    I hear two of katie prices' friends are going in. Oh noooooo. She;s going to be popping up all the time to support them. Cant we have a programme without her on it.

I didn't even think she had two friends. Unless it's the two hairdressers she drags around with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    According to this article (also in the Daily Star today), Pineapple's Tricia Walsh Smith has signed up for I'm A Celebrity this year: http://bit.ly/atekxL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todays Daily Star said Im A Celeb bosses were 'desperately trying to sign up' Steven Arnold (Ashley from Corrie). Quite a likely one, prob quite a dull celeb!

They need to shake it up somehow this year, last years didnt hold me. I turned off midway through and can't even remember who was in it bar Gino and Kim.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todays Daily Star said Im A Celeb bosses were 'desperately trying to sign up' Steven Arnold (Ashley from Corrie). Quite a likely one, prob quite a dull celeb!...
    The Daily Star always have their finger on the pulse!
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Desperate? Oh dear, that is bad.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I say it every year, but get Brian Blessed in there! :D
  • Options
    80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even think she had two friends. Unless it's the two hairdressers she drags around with her.

Maybe she means the two bald headed midgets she stuffs down her tops???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEDWARD are heading to the jungle after accepting the lowest ever fee in the history of I’m A *Celebrity… Get Me Out Of HereTwins John and Edward Grimes, 18, will only receive £10,000 each – much less than other contestants.:eek:

The Dublin-born duo’s manager, The X *Factor judge Louis Walsh, was keen to keep their fame alive so accepted the low fee.-ever-fee-to-be-on-I-m-a-Celebrity

more here http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/149181/Jedward-accepting-lowest-ever-fee-to-be-on-I-m-a-Celebrity/
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    b1zzer wrote: »
    JEDWARD are heading to the jungle after accepting the lowest ever fee in the history of I’m A *Celebrity… Get Me Out Of HereTwins John and Edward Grimes, 18, will only receive £10,000 each – much less than other contestants.:eek:

The Dublin-born duo’s manager, The X *Factor judge Louis Walsh, was keen to keep their fame alive so accepted the low fee.-ever-fee-to-be-on-I-m-a-Celebrity

more here http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/149181/Jedward-accepting-lowest-ever-fee-to-be-on-I-m-a-Celebrity/

The reason they're accepting a lower fee is that they simply don't need the money : for example they're being paid 100,000 Euros to do 19 days panto this Christmas and are expected to earn another E50,000 from merchandising.Rumoured they've already earned a million between them.

The angle that Louis is entering them on the show to keep their UK profile up is almost certainly correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The reason they're accepting a lower fee is that they simply don't need the money : for example they're being paid 100,000 Euros to do 19 days panto this Christmas and are expected to earn another E50,000 from merchandising.Rumoured they've already earned a million between them.

The angle that Louis is entering them on the show to keep their UK profile up is almost certainly correct.

I don't dispute this, these are not my word s, I'm just posting a link. I can't stand them , but it could be good tv so good luck to them, I hope they enjoy it :)
  • Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see that they would go on to maintain their profile, but I'd still think they could negotiate a higher fee for them than the £10,000 quoted. They've got to be more interesting than some random from Corrie or the compulsory "glamour" girl, who are all fairly interchangeable. A lot of people would be interested to see how on earth Jedward cope in the jungle, and thankfully, there aren't that many like them out there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take it with a pinch of salt, Jedward are on a UK tour throughout November...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jedward??
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    The Daily Star always have their finger on the pulse!
    This!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    This!
    HI SFA
    lol at quoting your own post ...Yes the Daily Star print a hell of a lot of bull shine, in this case of Jedward I agree I think its a load of crap if you look at the tour dates, but they are not always wrong , they have got a lot of BB predictions right this year. Still could have bee a laugh to se them in the jungle
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Weren't Jedward rumoured to go in last year after they were voted off the X-Factor?