That RSPCA AD: For Owners That Have Died

dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Anybody else find this sooo sad....:cry: Little Puss Molly on the window sill.:(

Comments

• dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Anybody else find this sooo sad....:cry: Little Puss Molly on the window sill.:(

Yes, I do. I don't know how my boys, Frankie and Frazer would cope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    How does the RSPCA Woman know that Molly wants to go with her?
    The cat could always move in with somebody else. There was something in the papers a few years ago about a stray cat that was well known in a certain street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen it but don't like the sound of it. What is in the ad?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen it but don't like the sound of it. What is in the ad?

Implication is elderly owner dies, leaves Molly the cat. RSPCA inspector turns up to collect poor lonely Molly from the empty house, implication being she takes her off to find a nice new home.

Message: So leave all your money to RSPCA as we can look after your pet.

............or rather we will get shot of it asap and keep all that lovely money .
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't wish that on any pet, people should make proper arrangements so their pets don't end up with a disreputable organisation like the RSPCA. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tass wrote: »
    Implication is elderly owner dies, leaves Molly the cat. RSPCA inspector turns up to collect poor lonely Molly from the empty house, implication being she takes her off to find a nice new home.

Message: So leave all your money to RSPCA as we can look after your pet.

............or rather we will get shot of it asap and keep all that lovely money .

Thanks for explaining, and yes, that ad does seem misleading! I think Cats Protection would be far better than RSPCA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    This scenario happened to us last month. We had an elderly family friend who had two cats and he passed away last month. But he told my mum what he wanted for his cats when he passed and we made sure we carried out his wishes and they're now in a new home, both together. People should always make arrangements for this scenario about what will happen to pets.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I know death can be very sudden and unexpected, but surely you'd have an alternative home for your pet should anything happen...

I'm only 19 but I've already told my parents that if anything happens I would like Winnie and the kitten we keep to live with them (I still live with my parents at the moment, but this is for when I move out) :)