Options

The First 48 (CI Channel)

dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Anybody watch this.....I love it..watching it from the first time they find perhaps a body! To the end!

Comments

• Options
    choonchoon Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch it, think its very interesting that its all real and no actors.
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It shows how much paper work and foot work is involved in detective work. It isn't as easy as one sees on a television show although we know that those shows are there solely to entertain. You get a much more realistic perspective when it comes to homicide investigations. I've been a fan of the First 48 for years.
  • Options
    Lump HeadLump Head Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see someone develop a UK version of this show.
    Think whoever took it on could be onto a winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers of The First 48 have produced another program which began a month or two ago in the US called The First 48: Missing Persons. This one is just as compelling as the original.
  • Options
    Lump HeadLump Head Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    The producers of The First 48 have produced another program which began a month or two ago in the US called The First 48: Missing Persons. This one is just as compelling as the original.

Thanks for the heads up, hope CI pick this up.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »

It is an excellent show.

One thing this taught me is how ridiculous TV detectives are, the reality is they are mostly fat old awkward people, not cool/well spoken handsome fellers and gals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair there really are good looking detectives mixed in with the average looking ones. I have met my fair share of them (male and female), they do exist. ;) However, when it comes to television cops, there is a disproportionate share of model looking cops. :p Of course, there are those exceptions like Andy Sipowicz of NYPD Blue. Now there's a real looking detective. :D