F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    While not in HD it has always been recordable.
    On Freeview maybe.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    On satellite too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On satellite too.
    How do you do it?
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    It seems that Sky will have some timing graphics for there live coverage later:
    http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9698/03avisnapshot0030201302.jpg
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    How do you do it?
    Using Raydon's modded firrmware on a Humax Foxsat HDR to mark the Red Button stream(s) so it looks like a normal Freesat channel(s).

(only a single stream now of course)
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using Raydon's modded firrmware on a Humax Foxsat HDR to mark the Red Button stream(s) so it looks like a normal Freesat channel(s).

(only a single stream now of course)

Not exactly along the same lines as the "anyone can do it"yness of it being on Beeb 2, is it?
    Forum Member
    From the stuff been shown on SSN, They have at least 6 trackside cameras (Most look like FOM angles including the usual FOM Slow-motion shot at the chicane) & at least 1 in the pits.

Angles I've spotted so far are turn 1 looking down the pit straght, Entry of turn 3 looking back at turns 1/3, Turn 5, Turn 10, Turn 11, the slow chicane (Super Slow-mo cam) & the one in the pits.

Not seen any sign of any OnBoard's although I was never expecting there to be any.

They also said on an earlier SSN report that they will have footage from within a team's garage. They were really excited about how awesome it was going to look been able to watch the mechanics work in 3D.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Addison has been announced as Toby Moody's BTCC replacement.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    David Addison has been announced as Toby Moody's BTCC replacement.

pardon me for showing my ignorance, but..........

who? :confused:
    Forum Member
    callmediva wrote: »
    pardon me for showing my ignorance, but..........

who? :confused:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44UnrJQ9Tr8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the stuff been shown on SSN, They have at least 6 trackside cameras (Most look like FOM angles including the usual FOM Slow-motion shot at the chicane) & at least 1 in the pits.

Angles I've spotted so far are turn 1 looking down the pit straght, Entry of turn 3 looking back at turns 1/3, Turn 5, Turn 10, Turn 11, the slow chicane (Super Slow-mo cam) & the one in the pits.

Not seen any sign of any OnBoard's although I was never expecting there to be any.

They also said on an earlier SSN report that they will have footage from within a team's garage. They were really excited about how awesome it was going to look been able to watch the mechanics work in 3D.
    They were in the Marussia garage earlier. It was mentioned on the team's twitter.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,078
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    They were in the Marussia garage earlier. It was mentioned on the team's twitter.

Makes sense, as didn't they mention about following Chilton all season with behind the scenes access etc?
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch out for new BBC titles according to BBC preview magazine.

All show times published in the mag just had a quick log in WH Smiths.

Interview with Suzi, Ben on the new season, bit with BBC Head of F1 about the coverage (forget his name Mark Wilkin is it). Team profiles and predictions, new driver profiles, DC's view on each circuit in calendar. Not a bad effort but for £4.50 a bit short of content could have had a Gary Anderson tech article but he works for Autosport doesn't he.

The F1 Racing mag is in a bag so can't have a quick browse.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ta.

He's no Ben Edwards, but he's not bad :)
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    callmediva wrote: »
    Ta.

He's no Ben Edwards, but he's not bad :)
    I'm sure he's one of the voices of the Silverstone Radio commentary team. In fact I'm 99% sure....
  • gillwgillw Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys...what's the 3D feed like?
  • lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is watching in 3D?
  • covfancovfan Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liking the 3D so far, helps accentuate the distance a lot. Especially at the first few corners.
  • lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    covfan wrote: »
    Really liking the 3D so far, helps accentuate the distance a lot. Especially at the first few corners.

The view down the main straight is good.

But nothing exciting yet :)

Would love to see it in 3D from on board
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gives me a headache
    Jp
  • covfancovfan Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a lot more impressed with this than the 3D football. Don't think 3D suits football all that much due to the usual static nature of the camera view.
  • Guv'norGuv'nor Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passive 3D is the way to go JP can't stand those active shutter glasses
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last minute deal on Sky for half price until midnight if your thinking of signing up.

http://badgergp.com/2013/02/bargain-get-skys-f1-coverage-cheap-until-midnight-tonight/
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah Guv'..it's messing with my equilibrium.
    Jp
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14 minutes and you have a headache already , I would see a doctor if I was you :)

3d pretty much as expected I.e adds a bit of depth but that is about it tbh

No sign of the blurring the doomsayers were predicting though

Can't imagine 3d coverage will go beyond this test - there just isn't enough about cars going round a track from a distance that warrants it - in car if that ever becomes possible might be a different matter
This discussion has been closed.