Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Arsene pretty much said we are not going to sign anyone there.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree with Merson they do miss David Dein Wenger needs his help
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oxford Dictionary new entry:

self-delusion noun
    see Arsene Wenger
  • makara80makara80 Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Words (almost) fail me....

Even Blackpool didn't get their a*ses kicked to this degree last season...

With our two best players gone and most of what's left being either injured or suspended ... I can't really see things improving anytime soon tbh. What's worse is that Wenger has obviously only got a couple of days left of the transfer window to sign some decent players... it just ain't gonna happen :(

I'm completely gutted :cry:

Still, on the flip side, it's nice to see Liverpool doing well again with King Kenny at the helm! The scousers are the only 'big' club in the Premiership that I've got any respect for.

My fellow Gooners, don't lose heart as we've clearly reached the bottom now (metaphorically speaking), the only way is up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makara80 wrote: »
    Words (almost) fail me....

Even Blackpool didn't get their a*ses kicked to this degree last season...

With our two best players gone and most of what's left being either injured or suspended ... I can't really see things improving anytime soon tbh. What's worse is that Wenger has obviously only got a couple of days left of the transfer window to sign some decent players... it just ain't gonna happen :(

I'm completely gutted :cry:

Still, on the flip side, it's nice to see Liverpool doing well again with King Kenny at the helm! The scousers are the only 'big' club in the Premiership that I've got any respect for.

My fellow Gooners, don't lose heart as we've clearly reached the bottom now (metaphorically speaking), the only way is up!

This isn't the bottom. We finished last season on relegation form and we have started this season the same.

This is a massive crisis.
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    They just said it's 2 league wins for you guys since Feb - is that right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pilot25dmc wrote: »
    Arsene pretty much said we are not going to sign anyone there.

He is going to buy. He's being careful not to undermine the youngsters.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »

It sounds about right. Certainly we have an appalling performance record going back to the Carling Cup Final which is disguised somewhat by the break between seasons.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    This isn't the bottom. We finished last season on relegation form and we have started this season the same.

This is a massive crisis.

Actually, no it isn't. So we unluckily lost to Liverpool and got hammered by Man Utd, and have only 1 point from 3 games. We were missing nearly a full team of players. Our next two games are Swansea and Blackburn. If we lose both of those, then I would agree it's a crisis, but I expect to win both.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, no it isn't. So we unluckily lost to Liverpool and got hammered by Man Utd, and have only 1 point from 3 games.

And you are conveniently ignoring the performances at the end of last season. This is a very real crisis, don't delude yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well our dismal league record since the Carling Cup final reads:

DDDWDDWDDLWLLDDLL

:(
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just checked Wiki, and yeah its correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Arsenal_F.C._season#Results_by_round

Seemed to have a massive dip in form around the end of February and have never got it back.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Jesus Christ.
    Words fail me. They really do. I thought we'd lose but not like this, this is Championship form IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, no it isn't. So we unluckily lost to Liverpool and got hammered by Man Utd, and have only 1 point from 3 games. We were missing nearly a full team of players. Our next two games are Swansea and Blackburn. If we lose both of those, then I would agree it's a crisis, but I expect to win both.

Just as deluded as Arsene Wenger.
    Forum Member
    Just as deluded as Arsene Wenger.

I'm not, like you all I am very unhappy. But 3 games in doesn't really mean all that much, and we were missing nearly 11 players. 11 players! Now, I know that we don't have the strength in depth, but every team will struggle with that amount of players missing, even Man Utd. Ok, so we got hammered, and confidence is zero, but a win against Swansea and Blackburn, and the confidence will start to return. We do need some new faces before the window closes though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Arsenal Ladies won the Super league today, maybe we should start supporting them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not, like you all I am very unhappy. But 3 games in doesn't really mean all that much, and we were missing nearly 11 players. 11 players! Now, I know that we don't have the strength in depth, but every team will struggle with that amount of players missing, even Man Utd. Ok, so we got hammered, and confidence is zero, but a win against Swansea and Blackburn, and the confidence will start to return. We do need some new faces before the window closes though.

And how is that any different to last season? At Arsenal players play for two games and then are injured for the next 11 games.

As for suspensions - Arsene needs to instil some discipline into his players. This has been a problem throughout his tenure.

There is no glossing over the situation that Arsenal are currently in.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who are the 11
    Forum Member
    And how is that any different to last season? At Arsenal players play for two games and then are injured for the next 11 games.

As for suspensions - Arsene needs to instil some discipline into his players. This has been a problem throughout his tenure.

There is no glossing over the situation that Arsenal are currently in.

I am not glossing over it at all. Obviously things need to change, but it's not a crisis. At least not yet.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I can't see how any Arsenal fan can still back Wenger. It's not just this heavy defeat. What about the disciplinary? The lack of spending this summer? The relegation form near the end of last season that has carried over?

Arsenal would be lucky to finish top 10 at this rate.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are in a full-blown crisis, not even a mini one - even a blind man could see it

The thing is, the 11 missing players, with a few exceptions, aren't up to much anyway. We have a senile manager who has lost the ability to spot a good player and continues to buy kids for the future but refuses to deal with the now. He looks almost exclusively to the inferior French league for bargain basement recruits for seemingly no other reason than that he is French himself

He needs to go asap
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Embarrassing :( :rolleyes:
    I'd love to see AW defend this. OK we were missing almost a full team of players, but 8-2 and ANOTHER player sent off is pathetic.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    We are over £100m ahead in our stadium repayments and at the start of last year a report was sent out saying it will be paid off in record time

Indeed. We're going to have the best stadium in the N-Power Championship next year...
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member

The likes of Blackburn and Swansea won't be pushovers, every team who plays us will smell blood and fancy their chances! This is a crisis and it started about 3 seasons ago!!!
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Wenger sent that team out there to win the game. Even he must have known that was never going to happen. Why not park the bus as he had done in the FA cup win over utd in 05 and hope for a 0-0. Instead he's looking at a 8-2 scoreline and a demoralised team and supporter base.

Wenger has spent close to 30m this transfer window but it's what he's not spent in previous seasons and the sale of his best players that has caused this current turn of events.

Wenger deserves time to put things right as he is easily the best manager the club has ever seen, but it's hard to reconcile that fact with the tactics employed today.
This discussion has been closed.