Options

John Thomson blasts Antony Cotton!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/im_a__celebrity/3968209/Anthony-Cotton-is-a-sew-and-so.html
EX-CORRIE star John Thomson has branded Antony Cotton a "nasty piece of work".

Thomson, who played Jesse Chadwick in the soap until last year, said the Street favourite was difficult to work with and claimed he was "trouble with a capital T".

The sensational outburst came after Cotton was accused of acting like a diva in the jungle.

Former Cold Feet and Fast Show star Thomson waded into Cotton — knicker stitcher Sean Tully in the soap — on his Twitter page.

He tweeted: "Antony you nasty piece of work you are doing yourself no favours." And: "Antony Cotton — the truth will out!!

Asked by @sinanny84: "You worked with Antony on Corrie. Was he like this when you worked with him?"

Thomson's response was: "Trouble with a capital T."
Another follower tried to excuse his behaviour, tweeting: "He's not coming across as a nice person at all. But in that situation it probably does push you to the limit."

Thomson responded he didn't behave like that on punishing TV show 71 Degrees North. He tweeted: "No excuse, I didn't turn on any one in Norway."

He added: "Antony just go. Do us all a favour." And he retweeted: "Antony Cotton. What a Miserable old fadge. Time he left the jungle."

Good on John for speaking out, something that it seems not many do when it comes to Antony. I bet he's made some peoples' lives Hell over the years. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    winemartwinemart Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Like I said elsewhere, the child needs a good smack around the legs.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well some people must like him for him still to be there - cant think who tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've wondered if this will cost him his job? How can he stay as the affable Sean when everyone has seen what he's really like?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well some people must like him for him still to be there - cant think who tho.

I would be embarassed to like that.:(
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha,

John Thomson - thank goodness he's not afraid to speak his mind. It must be really bad working with such a diva and the thing is he's not really acting either - sounds like he's that way all the time.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If my name was John Thomson, I think I'd have to change it.:D

Alan Clarke's Diaries anyone?;)
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Well this is rich coming from Thomson who went ballastic on 71 Degrees North the moment he came under some pressure. I take it no one else has watched that or they would find the irony in his comments staggering. What a short memory you have JT, Cotton may well be a prick in real life but I hardly think attacking him on Twitter from miniscule highlights packages shows you in a good light. And considering you darn near lost your mind and were useless to teammates in 71 Degrees North I'd suggest you button it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter can be a good thing sometimes, you get to hear things you normally wouldn't.

Trick is, filtering through all the crap on there.
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Well this is rich coming from Thomson who went ballastic on 71 Degrees North the moment he came under some pressure. I take it no one else has watched that or they would find the irony in his comments staggering. What a short memory you have JT, Cotton may well be a prick in real life but I hardly think attacking him on Twitter from miniscule highlights packages shows you in a good light. And considering you darn near lost your mind and were useless to teammates in 71 Degrees North I'd suggest you button it. :rolleyes:

I watched 71 degrees, but I don't remember thomson coming out of it particularly bad
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member

Yes I sniggered too. He completely stressed out and upset many of the others when he wouldn't contribute in putting the tent up because he was having an almighty paddy.

Also AC was shown for what he was on that singing show he did - he was a total diva on that and ITV then gave him his own (now defunct) show so they obviously like this side of him!
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Imo the trials and dreadful conditions were far more stressful on 71 Degrees, compared to sitting, bitching round a camp fire, in a fake jungle next to a luxurious hotel.
  • Options
    MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've wondered if this will cost him his job? How can he stay as the affable Sean when everyone has seen what he's really like?

He's got a job for life there.........I always think, it's not who you know, it's what you know about who you know.....
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Imo the trials and dreadful conditions were far more stressful on 71 Degrees, compared to sitting, bitching round a camp fire, in a fake jungle next to a luxurious hotel.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree, just think JT should rise above attacking people on Twitter from massively edited highlights packages and who cannot defend themselves. Would have thought a fellow showbiz colleague would realise this.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing about this series of I'm A Celebrity is that the public are finally seeing this nasty piece of work for what he is. About time to.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't necessarily disagree, just think JT should rise above attacking people on Twitter from massively edited highlights packages and who cannot defend themselves. Would have thought a fellow showbiz colleague would realise this.

No doubt there is history there, they have after all worked together.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would it cost him his job? Especially if he did go on to win.

:)
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe it is jealousy on Thompson part...
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He added: "Antony just go. Do us all a favour." And he retweeted: "Antony Cotton. What a Miserable old fadge. Time he left the jungle."

He should seriously think about his own actions..from this post john thomson sounds as charming as anthony cotton.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ummmm yes I remember him being rather nasty and sulking during one task? Didn't he refuse to help the girls dig or something.

Obviously needed to see his name in the tabloids so decided now was the time to 'out' Anthony's bad behaviour.

Sad little man. (And I'm no massive fan of Anthony either) ;)
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be interesting as the knives come out for Cotton whether more ex-workmates stick their head above the parapet.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Thomson on 71 Degrees, he came across as a petulant prat, tbh:rolleyes:

Also, when was he in Corrie? I admit i only dip into it now and again, but I don't remember seeing him at all. He'll always be Fat Bob to me, anyway:D
  • Options
    geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking maybe he's being ironic because it would be a tad hypocritical otherwise.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Sounds like someone has been on the jungle juice and I dont mean Cotton. But I agree with him.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm.. I wonder what happened between the two of them or what John saw to make him say that? Aren't there some rumours about Antony and a few other cast members being unkind to other actors?
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Mellsbells wrote: »
    He's got a job for life there.........I always think, it's not who you know, it's what you know about who you know.....

Exactly - he must know something otherwise they'd get rid of him ;)