Options

Who's buying a PS4 on Release?

Comments

• Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are X1 games cheaper than Sony? And in america, its $60, hasn't Sony said price will be the same?
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I've also seen on a few sites that 21st November looks like release date for the PS4, whether that will be just in the US or Europe too!. It would make sense as thats the "holiday period" Sony are talking about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-ordered with Shopto, Watchdogs as well.

Think I'll wait for the 2nd controller as just feels like the price is spiralling and I can count how many times my partner and I have played side by side on one hand.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what packages Game etc offer. At the moment, my Wii U fulfills my needs in terms of gaming and the majority of upcoming games I'm hyped about will get a U release (although some won't...), although I'll more than likely pick the PS4 up eventually. I'll probably wait a few months until some great package deals are offered by stores.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Pre-ordered with Shopto, Watchdogs as well.

Think I'll wait for the 2nd controller as just feels like the price is spiralling and I can count how many times my partner and I have played side by side on one hand.

Thats what I'm like with the 2nd controller, I can count on one hand the times both have been used together. The only benefit for me is when playing, one of the controllers is charging.
  • Options
    chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like anything these days, I will give it a few months. Early models usually have faults. Early firmware usually needs addressing. Early games are usually nothing compared to whats to come.

GTA V on PS3 will keep me going in the meantime, which I may buy on PS4 release day to stop me looking over the fence..
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    I bought the PS1 and 2 on release date (I remember the PS1 blowing me away at the time) and managed to get a PS3 the week it went on sale (only reason it wasn't a first day was because I was away on the day it was released), but that ended badly a couple of weeks later when it needed to be replaced after I dropped it down the stairs when I stood on one of the cats. The PS4 I'm not overly excited about. If I don't get it for Xmas off the missus I'll probably get it around March or so. To be honest, I only really want it because it looks sexy enough and I'll probably use it streaming video off the file server more than anything else.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be getting one, but not a first gen release. Just in case of any unforseen HW problems that may arise. I'll wait a while as I've a shitload of games still to get thru on the PS3.
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    am getting one from my local tesco - literally 3 minutes away from me by car . if anything does go wrong it will be covered by at least a one year warranty so not bothered about that . and its a midnight launch . was going to pre order with amazon but i cannot rely on royal mail to get me the console on launch day so gone for collecting it myself instead .
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've pre-ordered one on toys r us website purely because they had the best price. Very unusual for me as I never normally buy consoles on release (or pre order them) as the typical drought of software initially and astronomical prices used to annoy me when I did.

However, the launch price isn't too bad and I'm hoping that as a PS Plus subscriber I will at least end up with a game or two to play through my subscription without having to pay the £50+ most places are charging per game and as I mostly just play on my own I won't be needing the rip off £55 :eek: controller either so doesn't work out too bad really.

Only thing I am a little concerned about is my credit card expires at the end of November, so if it doesn't come out till December, will the payment fail when they process the order? Would have used one with a longer date but I only have the one.
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    steven123 wrote: »
    I've pre-ordered one on toys r us website purely because they had the best price. Very unusual for me as I never normally buy consoles on release (or pre order them) as the typical drought of software initially and astronomical prices used to annoy me when I did.

However, the launch price isn't too bad and I'm hoping that as a PS Plus subscriber I will at least end up with a game or two to play through my subscription without having to pay the £50+ most places are charging per game and as I mostly just play on my own I won't be needing the rip off £55 :eek: controller either so doesn't work out too bad really.

Only thing I am a little concerned about is my credit card expires at the end of November, so if it doesn't come out till December, will the payment fail when they process the order? Would have used one with a longer date but I only have the one.

Yes you will need to give different card details for certain if it comes out after end of November
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Christmas day along with three games that interest me.:)
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't decide what to do. There's no games I want on release, and I think to myself - GTA is released in September and I want a good playthrough of that, along with all my other games I haven't played yet! I think I'll wait a while.
  • Options
    originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    preordered a console with amazon, will chose a game or 2 nearer the time. Hoping the ps+ content stays the similar quality as it has been on ps3 too.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not me, I'll wait until there is a price reduction around Christmas 2014. Still plenty of PS3 games to keep me occupied until then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be paying for my preorder in about 2 weeks. Really want Killzone, Knack and Watch Dogs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    There are 23 titles where developers have said they're launch titles.

Ass Creed 4
    Basement Crawl
    Battlefield 4
    Blacklight Retrobution (free to play)
    COD Ghosts
    Contrast
    DC Universe Online (free to play)
    Doki Doki Universe
    Driveclub
    Fifa 14
    Hohokum
    Just Dance 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Knack
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Madden 25
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    Need For Speed Rivals
    Planetside 2 (free to play)
    Skylanders Swap Force
    Watch Dogs
    Wolfenstein

Given those launch titles, I can't justify buying a PS4 straight away. I have a shed load of PS3 games and Vita games to get through. I think 2014 will be the year I get a PS4.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I'll be getting one on release and i will also be getting a Staff discount of 15% so im happy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, for me, I could buy it, but then there's no games out of that list I want. So the console could very well gather dust until next year!

I think with Saints Row IV, GTAV, Beyond, and COD Ghosts still on it's way for the PS3 this year, not to mention the unopened games I have here, I have more than enough until next year.

I honestly think that the PS3 will be £299 come next year, so it's worth waiting a little longer.
  • Options
    flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch Dogs looks good but there's nothing else that grabs me, and there's enough coming on PS3 to keep me going for a while. I'll probably end up getting one 12-18 months after launch, unless something that's amazing and exclusive turns up.
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    See, for me, I could buy it, but then there's no games out of that list I want. So the console could very well gather dust until next year!

I think with Saints Row IV, GTAV, Beyond, and COD Ghosts still on it's way for the PS3 this year, not to mention the unopened games I have here, I have more than enough until next year.

I honestly think that the PS3 will be £299 come next year, so it's worth waiting a little longer.

Yes i really do agree with this, but..................I just dont want to wait :D I just think the current gen has lasted so long and i have been caught up in all the excitement of E3 and have already pre ordered my PS4 lol I will probably get FIFA 14 on release day with my PS4 (which is kind of pointless) but not sure what other games i will get.

It does also depend on the release day prices for games, if they are £40 i will get FIFA and probably Watchdogs but if they £50+ i will have to wait a little while.

I am disapointed that GTA5 is coming out so close to the new console release, seems like a waste, i usually play GTA games for years so wont bother getting it on this gen and will wait for the inevitable release on the PS4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also seen on a few sites that 21st November looks like release date for the PS4, whether that will be just in the US or Europe too!. It would make sense as thats the "holiday period" Sony are talking about.

I thought most people was talking up 13.11.13 as the release date?

What day to consoles normally get released, i seem to remember most FIFA's being released on a Friday which is perfect for most people as they pick it up before work then sit there looking at it and the clock all day then race home and play all night and weekend :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    I am disapointed that GTA5 is coming out so close to the new console release, seems like a waste, i usually play GTA games for years so wont bother getting it on this gen and will wait for the inevitable release on the PS4

You'll be waiting a long time cos it's not happening. Looks like there will be no next gen GTA until GTA 6.

http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-5-ps4-xbox-one-not-happening/
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    J-J wrote: »

GTAV has been in development for years now on the Xbox 360 and PS3 and is designed to squeeze every last drop out of these consoles. We REALLY don't understand this weird fixation people have about Next Gen when games like San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3, etc, all came out in the PS2's and Xbox's final year.

The first year of consoles is generally one of the slowest outside of the first month, and the Xbox 360 and PS3 will still be available! It's not like both the 360 and PS3 will suddenly stop working once the Xbox One and PS4 are out! If YOU decide to trade in your console, that's your issue.

It doesn't make sense to target a game which has had multiple tens of millions spent on the budget and is currently the main focus of ALL Rockstar Studios onto such a small userbase the next generation platforms will currently have when there's over 100 Million+ Current Gen users with the Xbox 360 and PS3, especially when the game has been designed to be the big bang to end the gen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be waiting a long time cos it's not happening. Looks like there will be no next gen GTA until GTA 6.

http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-5-ps4-xbox-one-not-happening/

It will defiantly be out on PS4 probably following the DLC package release on the PS3, then they can package the game plus the DLC's for the PS4