The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XF got it's lowest first show ratings since 2008, 10.8m average. A very poor top 16 with people like JonJo who wouldn't have even made it to Bootcamp in America. Thank God for Gary last night, as it really needed some Simon style realism. I've always like Tulisa, but she over-praised everyone and argued with Gary over Nu Vibe, only to be proved wrong when The Risk were so much better. Knowing she has to vote off one of her own acts, it was stupid of her to be less than be honest.

The good thing is that it might persuade Simon to appear via link up, as they show already needs a boost.
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor wasn't it. Having watched the USA one, ours looks like a karaoke competition.

As you say thank heavens for Gary, Kelly I couldn't understand half of what she said. I do like Tulisa, but it got to the stage if she said 'amazing' one more time I would have screamed.

Other years most of the contestants wouldn't have got past boot camp here either. I thought the only good vocalist last night was Craig. I love Louis, but it's not fair what he does to his contestants, no wonder he never gets anything other then the groups and overs. Gary's face was a picture when Johnny came out dressed like he was ready to be put in the oven.
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    XF got it's lowest first show ratings since 2008, 10.8m average. A very poor top 16 with people like JonJo who wouldn't have even made it to Bootcamp in America. Thank God for Gary last night, as it really needed some Simon style realism. I've always like Tulisa, but she over-praised everyone and argued with Gary over Nu Vibe, only to be proved wrong when The Risk were so much better. Knowing she has to vote off one of her own acts, it was stupid of her to be less than be honest.

The good thing is that it might persuade Simon to appear via link up, as they show already needs a boost.

it got 10.94m That's very good. It was always going to be lower then last year and it clashed with strictly for a bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon will be happy with the ratings for UK X Factor this year 11.9 watched last night 13.9m peek.

At this time for the last 2 years the series has averaged

2009: 10.6m
    2010: 11.6m
    2011: 10.7m +1 11.1m
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught a snippet of XF y-day while watching Matt Cardle.
    Oh dear, it's like Big brother. Awful.

On the other hand XF US is starting to take off. Boot camp wasn't that bad at all. I was surprised to see Paula so emotional but then again, she has never done anything like that before. Even Simon looked teary at some point.

It depends what he has in his pockets, but maybe the 20 millions isn't that far off anymore...
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no words.....:p

Motorbike Road Safety Demonstration by S. Cowell

:D:D This may well be my favouritest picture of Simon EVER ;)

**NB Daily Mail - if you are going to steal this please be NICE - no harsh remarks about moobs please.
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »

**NB Daily Mail - if you are going to steal this please be NICE - no harsh remarks about moobs please.

hold on Allie, this picture makes him look camp. I think there are now rules against that sort of thing in here.. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    hold on Allie, this picture makes him look camp. I think there are now rules against that sort of thing in here.. ;)

In the words of the divine Miss Spears, "Oops I did it again" :(

I thought it was funny thats all, honest guv.

Shall I go again? :D
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the words of the divine Miss Spears, "Oops I did it again" :(

I thought it was funny thats all, honest guv.

Shall I go again? :D

Nah stay, me and a few others like the camp stuff.. certain other doesnt and like RULES! Ah well:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a loon, there's so many things wrong with that pic (albeit amusingly so), but the fact he is barefoot is freaking me out more than anything :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Fox being too pleased about having their $75 million star whizzing about on a bike without protection :D It's a great pic though as it just raises so many What The Hell questions! Wonder if this snap will make Simon's 2012 calendar? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Fox being too pleased about having their $75 million star whizzing about on a bike without protection :D It's a great pic though as it just raises so many What The Hell questions! Wonder if this snap will make Simon's 2012 calendar? :)

LOL, i'd look at that pic for the whole 12 months :D

I love that he has moments where he just thinks "sod it" and does whatever he feels like, as if he's some random Z list celeb that nobody will notice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if ITV2 are still showing Judges Houses tonight?

Also, i've checked the ITV guide for next week and there are no episodes scheduled - are we not going to see the "bonus" show which airs in US on Tuesday 18th?

EDIT - 3rd judges show is on ITV2 Friday 21st.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if ITV2 are still showing Judges Houses tonight?

Also, i've checked the ITV guide for next week and there are no episodes scheduled - are we not going to see the "bonus" show which airs in US on Tuesday 18th?

EDIT - 3rd judges show is on ITV2 Friday 21st.

Probably not. They've had to re-schedule it in the US because of a sports game. So it wasn't on last night. It'll be on tomorrow and then Sunday instead.

So with those changes there will be changes also with the U.K broadcast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Probably not. They've had to re-schedule it in the US because of a sports game. So it wasn't on last night. It'll be on tomorrow and then Sunday instead.

So with those changes there will be changes also with the U.K broadcast.

Thanks Marianner. ITV have not updated their online TV guide yet with any changes, so you never know, we might be lucky and see it tonight, since it has already aired in Canada.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Marianner. ITV have not updated their online TV guide yet with any changes, so you never know, we might be lucky and see it tonight, since it has already aired in Canada.

Yeah, I saw that and apparently clips are up from the show.
    I'm doubtful but as you say, you never know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really nice interview with Wendy Williams. Nothing new revealed (apart from the guy who selects the clothes he chooses :eek:), but it was a good chat. His nervous drinking (i presume that's what it is) drives me mad though. If i was the host, i would not provide any water!

After watching some of the Piers interview repeat last night, i was surprised by how much weight Simon has lost since then. He looked tried and quite worn out in retrospect on Piers. It's nice to see him looking more healthy these days.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/simon-cowell-visits-the-wendy-williams-show.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great interview, wasn't it?
    "I do like people" :p:D
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    It was a great interview, wasn't it?
    "I do like people" :p:D

But i prefer animals :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor USA got 10.8m. UK Show is beating it at the moment i wonder if Simon will come back next year if USA doen't return
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor USA got 10.8m. UK Show is beating it at the moment i wonder if Simon will come back next year if USA doen't return

I think the USA figures will improve bit it's doing ok. I'm sure it will be back next year but maybe with a few tweeks. I don't think Simon would come back if the US failed, his pride wouldn't let him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    I think the USA figures will improve bit it's doing ok. I'm sure it will be back next year but maybe with a few tweeks. I don't think Simon would come back if the US failed, his pride wouldn't let him

True. But i still think ITV Would lure him back to our show. I think he will come back at some point to our X Factor and then maybe quit britains got talent for America's got talent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its not lavender, but Royal Blue is a nice addition to the Cowell Closet :)

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2333402345873&saved

Steady on Si...thats dead daring for you...but, stepping into my Joan Rivers sized High Heels and donning my role as Fashion Police, I approve :D - thoughts from the rest of Team Simon ladies? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Simon looks really good in royal blue...so much better than what he usually wears. And it fit him properly too! :)