Dominos garlic and herb dips?

pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm an occasional dominos customer but have noticed recently that the garlic and herb dips that come with the pizza seem to have deteriorated, resulting in a horrible aftertaste. Has anyone else noticed this? At first I thought it might have been a one off, but the last 3 dips I've had from dominos have all been the same. They've all been within expiry date (eg the one I got last night was dated February 2012). Maybe it's just a bad batch that my local store got?

Comments

• andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I haven't noticed that but last Dominos I had was around 20th December
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do a Taster.

Go to Local Dominoes.
    Asked for Pizza with the sauce u mentioned
    Taste a a Small bit of the sauce when u get home.
    Investigate it check dates ect.
    if tastes funny Put Cling film over the lid to keep it in.
    Place in Plastic Bag.
    Send to Dominoes head office with a Poliet but Firm Letter explaining your Problems.
    You MAY get some Dominoes Vouchers
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do a Taster.

Go to Local Dominoes.
    Asked for Pizza with the sauce u mentioned
    Taste a a Small bit of the sauce when u get home.
    Investigate it check dates ect.
    if tastes funny Put Cling film over the lid to keep it in.
    Place in Plastic Bag.
    Send to Dominoes head office with a Poliet but Firm Letter explaining your Problems.
    You MAY get some Dominoes Vouchers

Alternately you could just buy the sauce - don't need to pay for the pizza too :)
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alternately you could just buy the sauce - don't need to pay for the pizza too :)

Oh i thought it was FREEBIE THAT CAME WITH EVERY PIZZA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i thought it was FREEBIE THAT CAME WITH EVERY PIZZA

Oh you do get one with Pizza, and some of their sides. However they can be bought individually too, I think they are around 35p per tub.

I often use them to push an order to £30 when I have a offer on it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh you do get one with Pizza, and some of their sides. However they can be bought individually too, I think they are around 35p per tub.

I often use them to push an order to £30 when I have a offer on it :)
    not that you have to work too hard to spend 30 quid at Dominoes
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    35p for that tiny tub is ****ing ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    not that you have to work too hard to spend 30 quid at Dominoes

No but it is quite hard to get it exactly on the £30 mark. I have getting 50% off but doesn't mean I want to spend much more than £15
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »

I know some restaurants/cafe who sell the much smaller heinz sauce tubs and packets for 10 - 15p so it is not that ridiculous really.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member

The tub is the only reason I buy Domino's. It is heaven
  • Jon1141Jon1141 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Last time I had a dominoes the garlic dip was very watery and it did leave a not very nice after taste so I binned it.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member

Depends how much it costs to produce and store. Plus there is vat as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know some restaurants/cafe who sell the much smaller heinz sauce tubs and packets for 10 - 15p so it is not that ridiculous really.

In my opinion it is ridiculous, regardless of what some restaurants sell what for and at what price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tub is the only reason I buy Domino's. It is heaven

So you only buy pizza at £14.99 or thereabouts for a 35p dip?

Lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but it is quite hard to get it exactly on the £30 mark. I have getting 50% off but doesn't mean I want to spend much more than £15
    50% off? Blimey, how did you qualify for that? I have a domino pizza about once every 6 or 7 weeks. usually when I'm feeling exceptionally lazy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    50% off? Blimey, how did you qualify for that? I have a domino pizza about once every 6 or 7 weeks. usually when I'm feeling exceptionally lazy :D

It is an offer that is usually on the back of my local cinema tickets. And sometimes the same offer is posted through the letterbox. It is the only time I buy dominos :)
    In my opinion it is ridiculous, regardless of what some restaurants sell what for and at what price.

I suppose for some people it is ridiculous. I just personally feel that when the price is a similar price in other eateries then it becomes less so. Just like the price of bread could be considered ridiculous but when it is that price everywhere it becomes the norm rather than ridiculous. But we all have different opinions I just thought that the OP could pay 35p for the sauce rather than paying for the whole pizza if all they want to do is test the sauce.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Just had a Dominos. The garlic and herb dip didn't seem any different to me other than the fact it was only half full!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's disappointing. I haven't had a Domino's pizza since last spring but I liked the garlic and herb dips then... I don't tend to order from them too much now as they're too expensive. They still stick tons of leaflets through my letterbox though :p
    Forum Member
    So you only buy pizza at £14.99 or thereabouts for a 35p dip?

Lol.

Anyone who pays £15 for a Dominos is crazy. Last one I had cost me £5.99 for a large pizza.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who pays £15 for a Dominos is crazy. Last one I had cost me £5.99 for a large pizza.

Yeah they always have offers on, even just down the side of the regular menu they post through the door. I'm lucky to lice just round the corner from the shop and it's always buy one get one free if you collect. I've never paid full price.

They're definitely worth the extra money though, I don't like lots of crust so the thin crust is spot on for me. The last three pizzas I've had from independant takeaways have been nowhere near as nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fancied a dominos the other day, one of my main cravings is the mentioned dip. But I too was disappointed with it! I thought it was just me. They must make it more cheaply, it seems watered down.
    Think I'll use Papa Johns from now on. I could never deicide where to go, the dip was usually the tie breaker haha.
    The pizza sauce also seemed different :(
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Yeah they always have offers on, even just down the side of the regular menu they post through the door. I'm lucky to lice just round the corner from the shop and it's always buy one get one free if you collect. I've never paid full price.

They're definitely worth the extra money though, I don't like lots of crust so the thin crust is spot on for me. The last three pizzas I've had from independant takeaways have been nowhere near as nice.

Just had a text today for £5.99 any pizza if you collect. Might have to force one down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Many stores actually do the buy one get one free every day all week, but you need to ring and ask for it. My local does anyway.