✭✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    You don't have autocorrect? :confused:

I thought so... :confused:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Reliable sales certifications are extremely hard to get hold of, particularly at the moment and for this particular artist as Geri is still signed with Fuller at XIX as part of The Spice Girls brand though is now represented fully as a solo act by another company. Communication is strained and there are a lot of politics in play.

that is rubbish.:rolleyes: the uk sales figures are provided by the official charts company and are not held under lock and key at some record label.:rolleyes: the bpi introduced automatic certification earlier this year and ms halliwell unsurprisingly didn't qualify for any new sales awards based on record sales dating back to 1994. her record sales fell short of the 3 million you previously stated she sold in the uk and its highly likely the worldwide record sales are inflated in the same way.;)
    Geri Halliwell topics have been at the top of the page of one of the biggest UK music forums for weeks. Some have been closed, all have gotten people talking.

yes, but lets be honest here, the "talk" has been far from positive.:o lets also remember that all of these topics have been stated by you and you have been clever in a sense by making provocative opening posts which encouraged opposing opinion. i strongly suspect this thread wouldn't have gotten off the first few pages if it had to solely rely on geri and the merit of her new music.;)
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Critis mean very little to me. My opinion is that Gary's new track is painfully boring, I don't have to justify it, I can't explain why I find it so dreary but I do! Just my little opinion. :)

I don't need to try to convince anyone of anything.
    If. The X Factor. 5.40 mins can state as fact that Geri has sold 12 million records as a solo artist then I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to say the same.

Different people have different tastes I guess.

Just as I found Geri's Union Jack romp at the Brits far more interesting than Take That's Brits performance back in the 90's (from what I saw of it subsequently... growing up in America, I never knew anything about Take That until I moved to the UK)

I also found Geri's new song, and her performance at the NRL Grand Final far more appealing.

Perhaps it's the glitz, glamour and hint of crazy... ll down to what you fancy really isn't it.

A chap who I find to be painfully dull in person, on camera and on record just doesn't do it for me.

If the good reviews were about Geri, I'm sure you'd care.

Kenny, I think you're missing the whole point since this thread was started. Nobody cares how many millions of copies she sold. Trust me, you may not have heard of TT in America - not that the Americans are the centre of the earth -, but, in my country, which is in Europe, nobody knows who Geri is and saying Spice Girls still doesn't help too much with her identification. Her songs are NEVER played on the radio, therefore I don't know what the "glitz and glamour" are there for, because nobody ever sees her and, thankfully, hears her.
    If by staying stiff in the middle of a room full of people, moving awkwardly in the middle of some dancers and trying to stay in tune, while singing about "bullshit" and "giving the finger", means a "hint of crazy", then I'll give you that one. Talk about dreary. Not even her fans like that song.
    Gary's "dull" personality has sold him an arena tour. I'm curious to see what the glitz and glamour will do for Geri.Is she going to sell stadiums?

You've started a thread "Geri vs Gary". Other than her millions of sold copies, what other "merits" does she have? And please give me examples that do not require going over to wikipedia or doing research. An artist shouldn't be an artist only on paper. Or are numbers your only argument (and I use lightly that term)?
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Gary Barlow may be a respected musician now, in some people's opinion, though let's not forget who was the laughing stock as he attempted a solo career whilst The Spice Girls and then Geri were selling millions of records globally.
    I thought it would be an interesting discussion. It's almost a Freaky Friday situation right now. Every artist has ups and downs in their careers - lets not forget Gary's many 'downs' pre 2006 rather than focusing solely on Geri's 'downs' since 2006..

At least this is a bit more interesting to discuss than sales.
    MANY downs? He's had ONE flop album and then, unlike many other artists who keep putting out album after album, with no success, waiting for luck to strike again, he retired gracefully into a world of successful songwriting and made a name for himself as a songwriter.
    I think people have been focusing on his one and only flopping album more than they have on any other artist's.
    Nobody would be focusing on Geri's downs either if you stopped opening these threads. You certainly got my attention - simply by including Gary's name in the topic-, because I hadn't heard of Geri in years. It's because of you that I know she's putting out an album and has released a single. Will I buy any of her stuff? No. I don't see how getting people's attention will help Geri.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kenny

NO ONE CARES!!!!

STOP stirring trouble.
    STOP with the deluded comments re staying on top of the forums the last few weeks. You're the ONLY one starting these silly threads, 99% of the time people are slating it and slating Geri because no one cares. How hard is it for you to understand that no one is bothered about Geri's new stuff.

You come here to provoke anti attitudes by bringing up inconsistent and deluded untrue facts to get a reaction. Geri herself would feel totally and completely ashamed by your desperate attempts and your trouble making attitude!

These threads are not about Geri anymore, they're more about how pathetic, silly and deluded you are. I may be a Geri fan, but you really give her a very bad name. Geri has more class. She's better than this!

Get the hint! WE ARE ALL TELLING YOU!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might send a link for this thread to Geri on twitter so she can see for herself what a bad job you're doing!

Or simply ask her on twitter to read this thread on these forums. She might not reply, but she might just take a quick look and feel totally stupid because of the Kenny posts!
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Kenny

NO ONE CARES!!!!

STOP stirring trouble.
    STOP with the deluded comments re staying on top of the forums the last few weeks. You're the ONLY one starting these silly threads, 99% of the time people are slating it and slating Geri because no one cares. How hard is it for you to understand that no one is bothered about Geri's new stuff.

You come here to provoke anti attitudes by bringing up inconsistent and deluded untrue facts to get a reaction. Geri herself would feel totally and completely ashamed by your desperate attempts and your trouble making attitude!

These threads are not about Geri anymore, they're more about how pathetic, silly and deluded you are. I may be a Geri fan, but you really give her a very bad name. Geri has more class. She's better than this!

Couldn't agree more....I've just looked at the 'appreciation' thread. Sorry to bring it down to numbers again, but there's still only 20 posts there.

Surely it would be better for Kenny to post in there where there is 'interest'. All that's gonna happen in this thread is claim and counterclaim.

I'm having a grand old laugh at it all, but I really can't see what Kenny is getting from it :confused:
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    I don't work for Sony Music.

I'm not using social media to build up a positive profile for anyone. I am simply getting attention.
    As for being scolded for this by Sony.. Firstly they have no ties to me whatsoever, secondly, I'm sure Miley Cyrus' Record Company were thrilled with the negative press and social media she received after selling more records than ever before..

Geri Halliwell doesn't sit at home counting up her sales figures.

Reliable sales certifications are extremely hard to get hold of, particularly at the moment and for this particular artist as Geri is still signed with Fuller at XIX as part of The Spice Girls brand though is now represented fully as a solo act by another company. Communication is strained and there are a lot of politics in play.
    However, as I said, when I am less busy I will make it a priority to get hold of every available certification.
    I just hope you have the good will to apologize when I do so... Somehow I very much doubt this.

Geri Halliwell topics have been at the top of the page of one of the biggest UK music forums for weeks. Some have been closed, all have gotten people talking.

Geri's performance at the NRL was trending worldwide, mostly for the wrong reasons but, again look at Miley...

Gary Barlow may be a respected musician now, in some people's opinion, though let's not forget who was the laughing stock as he attempted a solo career whilst The Spice Girls and then Geri were selling millions of records globally.
    I thought it would be an interesting discussion. It's almost a Freaky Friday situation right now. Every artist has ups and downs in their careers - lets not forget Gary's many 'downs' pre 2006 rather than focusing solely on Geri's 'downs' since 2006..

As dismissing the sources claiming the 12 million figure as fact, do you think that the likes of the BBC, a public service organization for which we pay for would state a PR press release without checking over the numbers themselves?

Anyway have a great night's sleep - I'm off to a ranch in the not so far off outback for the afternoon.. What does one wear to the bush?? 😉

Kenny I wish you well in your career and hope you and Geri are very happy together, we are getting nowhere obviously so I'll check back for the certifications every now and then

Just a quick thing however, do you think Sony would have signed Geri without knowing exactly how much she had certified to have sold? They will have all of that information so as you work with her, and she will have someone from the label with her, id just go to them rather than the ex manager, you may find the politics a little easier to deal with

I'd also tell them to massively update her certifications as her second album is only certified as Gold here, not a certification anywhere else in the world, so they aren't going to have much luck convincing people she sold 12 million
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I do work in the music industry, what do I gain from lying? :D

I don't work for a major label, I do have a friend that works for Universal, Island Records specifically. Just because you work in the industry doesn't mean you know every signing or who is signed to which label :confused:

All i stated was that not many labels are rushing to want to sign Geri. Sony may have but that's very likely because of X Factor and her contacts in the industry. She isn't creating a bidding war between labels, she isn't a commercially viable artist that's going to make the label much money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B_C1 wrote: »
    I do work in the music industry, what do I gain from lying? :D

I don't work for a major label, I do have a friend that works for Universal, Island Records specifically. Just because you work in the industry doesn't mean you know every signing or who is signed to which label :confused:

All i stated was that not many labels are rushing to want to sign Geri. Sony may have but that's very likely because of X Factor and her contacts in the industry. She isn't creating a bidding war between labels, she isn't a commercially viable artist that's going to make the label much money.

Yay! Sensible comment :-)
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    Yay! Sensible comment :-)

Thank you :D

I'm not trying to discredit Geri at all but her name is definitely buzzing in the industry, it's all about up coming talent in the UK right now. People similar to Disclosure/ Rudimental, those are the types people want to sign right now. Young acts that can generate revenue digitally, Geri can't do that because her fan base mostly older and she hasn't released anything commercially successful in a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :D

I'm not trying to discredit Geri at all but her name is definitely buzzing in the industry, it's all about up coming talent in the UK right now. People similar to Disclosure/ Rudimental, those are the types people want to sign right now. Young acts that can generate revenue digitally, Geri can't do that because her fan base mostly older and she hasn't released anything commercially successful in a long time.

I'm sure Kenny will come back soon and discredit your clearly ridiculous theory ;)
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    I'm sure Kenny will come back soon and discredit your clearly ridiculous theory ;)
    I'm sure it will start with "Geri has sold 12 million records" :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will start with "Geri has sold 12 million records" :p

Nah...he never mentions that one any more
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :-)

Love a good discussion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny

NO ONE CARES!!!!

STOP stirring trouble.

Attia I do wish you would calm down sometimes. I'm beginnigng to worry about you... :o

You clearly are missing the whole point.

Geri was unpopular when she sang live in America in 1999 - she sold more albums in the US than any other solo Spice.

Geri was unpopular when she performed Bag It Up straddling a pole between a pair of giant inflatable legs at The Brits. The single went to number one.

Geri was extremely unpopular when she lost a lot of weight and was heavily working out in 2001 - It's Raining Men became one of the best seling singles of the year in the Uk and sold millions internationally.

As for me providing deluded and untire facts, dear.. If the British Broadcasting Company, a public service that we all have to pay for, can state as fact the specific amount that Geri Haliwell has sold as a solo artist, then I don't particularly feel deluded.
    Watch and wait - certificications will be following very soon. :)

First, -we have promo, a video premire and promotional performaces to deal with so "hold on to your knckers, Girls"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny I wish you well in your career and hope you and Geri are very happy together, we are getting nowhere obviously so I'll check back for the certifications every now and then

Just a quick thing however, do you think Sony would have signed Geri without knowing exactly how much she had certified to have sold? They will have all of that information so as you work with her, and she will have someone from the label with her, id just go to them rather than the ex manager, you may find the politics a little easier to deal with

I'd also tell them to massively update her certifications as her second album is only certified as Gold here, not a certification anywhere else in the world, so they aren't going to have much luck convincing people she sold 12 million

Despite our differences, I think we may be n the same wave-length.
    Obviously our opinions differ but..

I think people are over simplifying how easy it is to get accurate sales certifications. Not shipments, sales.

The music industry is notiously political and frankly...petty... in my experience. Aalthough I will be supplying certifications as soon as possible. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    that is rubbish.:rolleyes: the uk sales figures are provided by the official charts company and are not held under lock and key at some record label.:rolleyes: the bpi introduced automatic certification earlier this year and ms halliwell unsurprisingly didn't qualify for any new sales awards based on record sales dating back to 1994. her record sales fell short of the 3 million you previously stated she sold in the uk and its highly likely the worldwide record sales are inflated in the same way.;)

You genuiney have no idea... I'm not being offensive, I'm rather fond of you - on occassion- though you are, through no fault of your own, severely ignorant on the topic..

yes, but lets be honest here, the "talk" has been far from positive.:o lets also remember that all of these topics have been stated by you and you have been clever in a sense by making provocative opening posts which encouraged opposing opinion. i strongly suspect this thread wouldn't have gotten off the first few pages if it had to solely rely on geri and the merit of her new music.;)

Miley Cyrus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You genuiney have no idea... I'm not being offensive, I'm rather fond of you - on occassion- though you are, through no fault of your own, severely ignorant on the topic..

Miley Cyrus.

well it is offensive to suggest i am being ignorant rather than actually addressing the content of my post. you clearly admitted in another thread that her uk sales were exaggerated once you compared the reality of her sales to what you was previously been told and yet you still refuse to accept the possibility that perhaps her worldwide sales are also inflated.

how hilariously ironic that i should be told i am being ignorant on topic by none other than you, its been a long time since i have seen such an overwhelming disagreement with the opening post that has been consistent for pages on end. the last poster i remember who seemed to stir up such negative interest in the music forum give up when their supposed "favourite" suddenly achieved a level of worldwide success, but we all know that scenario is highly unlikely to happen to geri.:yawn: so i dread to think how much longer people will have to endure this nonsense.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it is offensive to suggest i am being ignorant rather than actually addressing the content of my post. you clearly admitted in another thread that her uk sales were exaggerated once you compared the reality of her sales to what you was previously been told and yet you still refuse to accept the possibility that perhaps her worldwide sales are also inflated.

how hilariously ironic that i should be told i am being ignorant on topic by none other than you, its been a long time since i have seen such an overwhelming disagreement with the opening post that has been consistent for pages on end. the last poster i remember who seemed to stir up such negative interest in the music forum give up when their supposed "favourite" suddenly achieved a level of worldwide success, but we all know that scenario is highly unlikely to happen to geri.:yawn: so i dread to think how much longer people will have to endure this nonsense.:sleep:

Well said.

This is getting tragic and embarrassing for poor Geri.

Might I add Kenny, the times you were referring to was when she atleast sold singles, as god knows she could not shift copies of her 2nd and 3rd albums in the UK.

Bleat on as much as you want. As most of us have said, you spin facts like water out of a tap. No one takes you seriously. Geri has class, you however are doing nothing but provoking people to be negative. It's not Geri's fault, it's all entirely yours. I'm surprised you have the time for so much front,

I'l enjoy everything Geri has to bring.

I won't waste my time bumping up these silly deluded embarrassing threads anymore. Kenny trying to force an artist who has sold next to nothing album wise in the UK, an artist who is just not relevant and has no chance whatsoever of hitting the UK charts again...As for the 12 million thing...Crazy as she hasn't sold albums in the UK and a couple of million in the UK with all sales combined. Where on earth do the other 8 million worth of sales come from? Yes The XF and other shows might have quoted sales from publicists, that is the case for all artists. They're not true or accurate. Common sense will tell anybody that.

Sorry Geri. I love her. I'm not deluded though...It's sad how you disrespect an artist whom I have followed and loved irrespective of her sales etc right from her Spice days on a public forum...

Carry on...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suggest people stop replying. I'm thinking about Geri here. She doesn't need this rubbish right now...

Let her garner the right kind of natural support. If people are interested let it be by natural merits rather than rubbish being shoved down peoples throats on a weekly basis by stupid threads created to provoke anti attitudes to keep Geri in the forefront on a celeb forum.

It's desperate and cringe worthy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said.

This is getting tragic and embarrassing for poor Geri.

Might I add Kenny, the times you were referring to was when she atleast sold singles, as god knows she could not shift copies of her 2nd and 3rd albums in the UK.

Bleat on as much as you want. As most of us have said, you spin facts like water out of a tap. No one takes you seriously. Geri has class, you however are doing nothing but provoking people to be negative. It's not Geri's fault, it's all entirely yours. I'm surprised you have the time for so much front,

I'l enjoy everything Geri has to bring.

I won't waste my time bumping up these silly deluded embarrassing threads anymore. Kenny trying to force an artist who has sold next to nothing album wise in the UK, an artist who is just not relevant and has no chance whatsoever of hitting the UK charts again...As for the 12 million thing...Crazy as she hasn't sold albums in the UK and a couple of million in the UK with all sales combined. Where on earth do the other 8 million worth of sales come from? Yes The XF and other shows might have quoted sales from publicists, that is the case for all artists. They're not true or accurate. Common sense will tell anybody that.

Sorry Geri. I love her. I'm not deluded though...It's sad how you disrespect an artist whom I have followed and loved irrespective of her sales etc right from her Spice days on a public forum...

Carry on...

Grow up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hold Tight for my up-coing sales certificiactions....

I wonder how many people will apologide or taka accountability... :confused:

Night to you all in the UK.

I have a big evening coming up! All you need is positivity guys.

Take care X
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to keep you updated: Geri has just signed with Octagon..
    The win for Octagon came about as part of its new strategic partnership with talent agency Morrissey Management.

Rene Wright, director at Octagon, said:
    “Over recent years, Octagon has found success maximising brand activations with international talent whilst they are in Australia for short visits, working with artists such as Katy Perry and Robbie Williams."

“Geri Halliwell is certainly an artist of the same calibre. With marquee events like the Melbourne Cup Carnival, the AFL and NRL grand finals.

With the ARIA Awards all happening around this time, we are looking forward to brokering partnerships that increase exposure and awareness for all involved.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All you need is positivity guys.

Take care X

oh the irony...
    Grow up.
This discussion has been closed.