emmerdale..pryia

jaq7ukjaq7uk Posts: 720
Forum Member
✭✭
does anyone else think she is developing an eating disorder whilst pregnant. not a storyline that's been done before so could be interesting as sure it happens.

Comments

• tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be if she was remotely interesting, I find her a whiney princess brat and don't really care much what happens to her.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, they're doing an anorexia storyline with her
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    You really think so? :o I know she's always been conscious of her figure, but I thought she was put off of food lately because of her pregnancy symptoms? Might be interesting, it'd fit too after everything with David.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I read in an article that something will come up from priyas past, she probably had an eating disorder when she was younger an now it's back again!
  • Trish_GardinerTrish_Gardiner Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I dont care id like to see her killed off if im honest
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she might lose the baby.
  • Trish_GardinerTrish_Gardiner Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I thought she might lose the baby.

I hope she does then maybe she will leave david alone I really cant stand her wisb they would kill her off
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    It might be if she was remotely interesting, I find her a whiney princess brat and don't really care much what happens to her.

Definite prejudice here. A very unfounded opinion based 'joining the bandwagon'
    I dont care id like to see her killed off if im honest

A horrible thing to say. I cant stand Alicia and David, but no I do not want to see them killed off.
    I hope she does then maybe she will leave david alone I really cant stand her wisb they would kill her off

It is David not david. Again how can you wish anyone regardless or factual or fictional character to lose a baby. Not very constructive. Very disturbing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i was thinking the same..eating disorder
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    blondiexox wrote: »
    I read in an article that something will come up from priyas past, she probably had an eating disorder when she was younger an now it's back again!
    I would have thought that if she had had an eating disorder in the past that by now Rishi or her Mum would have made a mention of it between themselves by now?
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    If I remember right her mum mentioned that she used to be fat when she was younger. It was before Priyas knew she was pregnant and was having her wedding dress fitted. Her controlling her eating makes sense as its something which she can have power over. David, the wedding and the baby are all things which are happening to her which she has no control over. Often eating disorders can be triggered by loss of control, couple this with her fear of being fat again and in her head ugly, pregnant and left on the shelf.
    I really feel for her yes she has been a princess in the past, but she asked for none of this. David went back to her and assured her that he loved her before they started planning the wedding again. I don't get all the Priyas hate. David is the rat in all of this.
  • Paul_Andrews1Paul_Andrews1 Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Definite prejudice here. A very unfounded opinion based 'joining the bandwagon'

A horrible thing to say. I cant stand Alicia and David, but no I do not want to see them killed off.

It is David not david. Again how can you wish anyone regardless or factual or fictional character to lose a baby. Not very constructive. Very disturbing.
    In that case sureley it should be Bornfree not bornfree
  • Paul_Andrews1Paul_Andrews1 Posts: 26
    Forum Member

*surely
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its a user name not my proper name:confused: And it is surely not sureley. The reason I pointed it out is because all proper nouns should begin with a capital letter. Usernames can be started with a number, lowercase letter or even an uppercase letter. Is it ok with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I'd not noticed this but it would make sense. Will keep an eye out in future episodes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lollytroll wrote: »
    If I remember right her mum mentioned that she used to be fat when she was younger. It was before Priyas knew she was pregnant and was having her wedding dress fitted. Her controlling her eating makes sense as its something which she can have power over. David, the wedding and the baby are all things which are happening to her which she has no control over. Often eating disorders can be triggered by loss of control, couple this with her fear of being fat again and in her head ugly, pregnant and left on the shelf.
    I really feel for her yes she has been a princess in the past, but she asked for none of this. David went back to her and assured her that he loved her before they started planning the wedding again. I don't get all the Priyas hate. David is the rat in all of this.

A good post. I get a lot of abuse on these forums for defending Priya. But I have caught out few posters who do not like her because the character is played by an Indian actress. Rather sad isn't it? One poster sent me a nasty PM which I passed on to the moderators.

One poster even told me I was stupid when I criticised David and Alicia. This poster implied that I was so thick that I didn't know the difference between reality, fact and fiction. I ignore anything by that poster now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Its a user name not my proper name:confused: And it is surely not sureley. The reason I pointed it out is because all proper nouns should begin with a capital letter. Usernames can be started with a number, lowercase letter or even an uppercase letter. Is it ok with you.

Are we being really silly now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deeepred wrote: »
    Are we being really silly now?

No in a word! :D It is better to be silly than to take something really seriously.:D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite ambivalent re Priya, but how I would love for Charity to be killed off, as grisly as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »

LOL.... +1 for this
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I am happy that David and Alicia are together at last it doesn't stop me from feeling sorry for Priya. I think she is an interesting character who has only just started to be developed further.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really starting to like Priya - she's definitely come out best as a character from that storyline. I think she might
    have an eating disorder though. One of the DS spoilers suggested this. I'm wondering if she might be bulimic - ie what she's suffering at the moment is being caused by more than morning sickness?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite ambivalent re Priya, but how I would love for Charity to be killed off, as grisly as possible.

bib: Me too. And her daughter. Both are far more unlikeable than Priya.
  • kitthekatkitthekat Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Didn't Nikhil also have an eating disorder during his time on the show? I can't recall the details - I may even be misremembering - but I'm sure there was something about his increased exercising and not wanting to eat around Gennie's family at one point? If so, that'll also add another interesting angle to any eating disorder storyline Priya might be having.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I'm really starting to like Priya - she's definitely come out best as a character from that storyline. I think she might
    have an eating disorder though. One of the DS spoilers suggested this. I'm wondering if she might be bulimic - ie what she's suffering at the moment is being caused by more than morning sickness?

I like her too. She is a really interesting character. And I would like her to get a sl of her own, out of David's circles.
    I think it's quite possible she has an eating disorder, and all the events happening to her, and now the morning sickness are triggering it back to the surface again.