Ash: "Christopher and Ashleigh have got that Island behind them"

Comments

• HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And even if there was an 'Irish vote' (and there isn't) wouldn't it be split between two HMs anyway? And wouldn't the North of England vote be split between those two lovely representatives of Northerners, Ash and Helen? Chris gets the actor vote? Pav the vote of all the boring people who identify with the boringest finalist? Etc etc. Truth is, Ash can't face it that he is dead in the water and lost any chance of winning the minute he hitched his cart to Helen.
  • Cara-maeCara-mae Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in the north west ,same as Helen,mark and ash.
    I want the two northern Irish and Chris to be the final three.
  • RonanMRonanM Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not the islands fault that your home city think your a dick and don't want you to win.:D
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NLoyall wrote: »
    Lol he has the whole asian community voting for him ... just joking I dont really know that:D

Pav will have the whole of the Indian sub-continent voting for him, that's massive :D
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    RonanM wrote: »
    Its not the islands fault that your home city think your a dick and don't want you to win.:D

:D:D Very good!!!!
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NLoyall wrote: »
    Lol he has the whole asian community voting for him ... just joking I dont really know that:D

Lol of course, it's the only way. A lot of Conor fans (yes, they really existed) threw that one around when Deana kept getting saved. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it from Ash fans when Pav beats him in the final :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    In Ash's peas sized brain the only reason that Christopher and Ashleigh are there is obviously an international conspiracy.

It would never cross said pea sized brain that the discerning viewers like Christopher and Ashleigh the best and don't like him and his cronies despite the obvious fact that Steven Kimberley Mark Marlon and Winston have gone.

Well there he is, seedy, unkempt and delusional with only a foul-mouthed harridan to comfort him. Serves him right.

BIB That sums up Ash perfectly! :)
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    There's probably more Irish people (or 2nd generation Irish) living in the UK than in Ireland itself. I'm one of those and I want one of the Irish contestants to win - but not because they're Irish but because they and Chris are my 3 favourite housemates and have been from the start.

I don't vote on the basis of nationality. I've rarely supported previous Irish contestants and was repulsed by Conor. However, there does seem a tendency for many other Irish to vote for their own so that may influence the vote somewhat.

I'm from the Republic and have just got back from a holiday in Ireland. My family have Channel 5 on one of their 3 TVs but most of my relatives over there don't receive it - most have never heard of channel 5. I don't think you can vote from the Republic. My cousin has been living back in Ireland for the past 3 years and she was surprised to see me watching Big Brother when she visited me last week in my family home. She thought it was off the screen forever.

Christopher and Ashleigh may split the Irish vote which could allow Chris to sneak through but I think Ashleigh has too much British support now and is, in my opinion, the most likely winner. Any of the 3 would be fine by me.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    I love when HMs look for excuses when things don't go their way. The funny thing is the population of Greater Manchester is actually larger than that of Northern Ireland, so if it was just regional voting, he'd actually be more popular than Ashleigh and Christopher.

Exactly........and so what if she does get votes from N.I.........they would get them from Manchester........and further afield if they were popular.......

Any old excuse rathen than face the fact that the winners (whoever they may be) are more popular to the general public than you..........I for one would be questioning what was it about them that the public liked........and look to myself at my own behaviour.......
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    And even if there was an 'Irish vote' (and there isn't) wouldn't it be split between two HMs anyway? And wouldn't the North of England vote be split between those two lovely representatives of Northerners, Ash and Helen? Chris gets the actor vote? Pav the vote of all the boring people who identify with the boringest finalist? Etc etc. Truth is, Ash can't face it that he is dead in the water and lost any chance of winning the minute he hitched his cart to Helen.

Exactly. Although I happen to be from Belfast, I want Christopher to win because of his character, not his Nationality.

In fact I detested Conor, because of his character, not his Nationality
  • gary1234gary1234 Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    This is a silly thread, under the same popular support theory, if Helen had her former customers voting then she would win
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    Pav will have the whole of the Indian sub-continent voting for him, that's massive :D

Bloody hell .... Pav the winner then :-)
  • molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand how maddening it must be for Irish viewers to hear that - it is a ridiculous assumption. Unfortunately over the years I have heard fans from various places give that as a reason for supporting particular HMs and I'm guessing this is what gives rise to the assumption that everyone is inclined to do the same.

I recall having an argument with an Orlaith supporter from NI who gave it as a reason for supporting her - one of the worst ever HMs, IMO. And I've heard many fans from the NE give it as a reason for supporting Jonny in BB3 and Antony Hutton.

I think coming from the same place as an HM may give you a bias towards particular HMs i.e. you want to like them and you try to like them but at the end of the day, if you don't like them you aren't going to support them and that's that.
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    There's probably more Irish people (or 2nd generation Irish) living in the UK than in Ireland itself. I'm one of those and I want one of the Irish contestants to win - but not because they're Irish but because they and Chris are my 3 favourite housemates and have been from the start.

I don't vote on the basis of nationality. I've rarely supported previous Irish contestants and was repulsed by Conor. However, there does seem a tendency for many other Irish to vote for their own so that may influence the vote somewhat.

I'm from the Republic and have just got back from a holiday in Ireland. My family have Channel 5 on one of their 3 TVs but most of my relatives over there don't receive it - most have never heard of channel 5. I don't think you can vote from the Republic. My cousin has been living back in Ireland for the past 3 years and she was surprised to see me watching Big Brother when she visited me last week in my family home. She thought it was off the screen forever.

Christopher and Ashleigh may split the Irish vote which could allow Chris to sneak through but I think Ashleigh has too much British support now and is, in my opinion, the most likely winner. Any of the 3 would be fine by me.

Exactly , even though I've now learned that c5 is actually available in Ireland (but it's probably not even in the top 20 most watched channels) I can still say that very few Irish people even know that bb is still running.
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary1234 wrote: »
    This is a silly thread, under the same popular support theory, if Helen had her former customers voting then she would win

Did you read the first post? I was disagreeing with ash not saying that he was right haha
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More a small nation of rational people who abhor mouthy, aggressive, ego maniacs. Chris and Ashleigh have been an antidote to the Rise of the Idiots show that the producers have thrust upon us.

Good always wins. Hate will devour itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    MarellaK wrote: »

I'm the same. Being Irish doesn't = winner. I am initially drawn to them but it's their behaviour/character in the house that decides it for me.

I don't mind what order they're in but my top three are the same as you too.

BTW if I'd known you were going back home I would've asked you to bring me back some Kimberley Biscuits :p I love them :D
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Well Ash, I'm from not far from you - one of my kids lives in Manc, too but I have wanted one of the two Irish contestants to win, all along. And wanted Ash out from Week One. Stupid man. It's nothing to do with where anyone is from - but who they are. Although have to say him and Helen have done Lancashire no favours. Hopefully the token Northern HMs will be Yorkshire or Geordies, next time.

Heh... I'm tempted to say Be careful what you wish for, taking past tokens into consideration: Jay, Charlie. Scots, Irish, Northerners, Geordies have all suffered dreadful examples of selected tokens to "represent" them.

The Welsh have done a bit better, although some of the popular ones weren't my cup of tea (Glyn and the one who won last year. And was that awful charlatan monk Welsh?) Not sure about Yorkshire. Perhaps they haven't had many housemates from Yorkshire. Oh, Lesley from BB6...say no more!
  • tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    cazziekay wrote: »
    I'm the same. Being Irish doesn't = winner. I am initially drawn to them but it's their behaviour/character in the house that decides it for me.

I don't mind what order they're in but my top three are the same as you too.

BTW if I'd known you were going back home I would've asked you to bring me back some Kimberley Biscuits :p I love them :D

Agreed. Have just bought Kimberley biscuits for my sister who is arriving from Manchester tomorrow!
  • Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    First of all ash , it's two separate countries , not just an island , people living in the republic can't vote , and In fact barely anyone in the republic even receives channel 5 because it's not offered on most packages , so keep your xenophobic bullshit to yourself

Didn't he mean that "Ireland" not "island"?
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Im addressing something said by Helen here...she thinks Christopher is the reason why Marks out.....no Helen, you're the reason love. ..but you will find that out next week. ...and the ex hms let her know that too! !!
  • **Soft Centre****Soft Centre** Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    sheils1 wrote: »
    Lmao as if Ash is going to read this.:D:D

or even understand it lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    tk096 wrote: »
    Agreed. Have just bought Kimberley biscuits for my sister who is arriving from Manchester tomorrow!

They are the best biscuits. Used to be able to get them in a store in town but they're all turning into mini tescos so can't find them :( . I think I will need to get one of my cousins to send me some :)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    It's true though.

Are you still down, about Winston's departure? :(

:blush:
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case Ash Helen has a good chance of winning she will have all the famous people she slept with behind her :D and dont forget slimy Stephen despicable Kim ass licker Jale fake Mark and gormless ( Win )ston behind her too she is in with a tremendous chance of winning the crown.