Options

Largest Ever SD Card - 512GB - £490

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZipMasonZipMason Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    It would be perfect for a short film project filmed in 4k HD.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipMason wrote: »
    It would be perfect for a short film project filmed in 4k HD.

I haven't come across any true 4K videos on the internet yet. The '4K' videos on YouTube aren't even sharp enough to look identical to 1080p video.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I haven't come across any true 4K videos on the internet yet. The '4K' videos on YouTube aren't even sharp enough to look identical to 1080p video.

Maybe that's because your computer is struggling to play the videos or you don't have enough bandwidth? :confused:
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

Are you playing them on hardware that's capable of displaying 4K, because they look damn sharp to me. What graphics card are you using and what resolution is your monitor?
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can get 16gb for that much.
    I think you mean 32GB ;)

I paid £18.00 for my last Sandisk one.

I wouldn't want that much storage on one disk - too risky in terms of corruption etc and for that price, I'd rather have a laptop.

Think I'll wait until they're about £10 quid :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipMason wrote: »
    Maybe that's because your computer is struggling to play the videos or you don't have enough bandwidth? :confused:

My computer's got fast hardware in it. What's not having enough bandwidth got to do with how sharp the picture looks? I can just leave the progress bar to fill up if I wanted to see the short-ish video in full.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Are you playing them on hardware that's capable of displaying 4K, because they look damn sharp to me. What graphics card are you using and what resolution is your monitor?
    My laptop has relatively modest specifications yet can play 4k video greatly! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »

My graphics card should be quite capable of playing it. They don't look razor sharp to me, but sharp-ish though.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your monitor isn't 4k resolution, you're not going to see much difference between a 4k and 1080p/1440p video - it could even be visibly worse if there are scaling artefacts.