Liz McDonald - Does she look better now than 22 years ago?

MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else agree that Liz McDonald/Beverly Callard looks better now than she did 22 years ago?

Liz 1989

Liz 2011

Comments

• tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nope.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    The 2011 pic isn't the best one...but yes I do think she looks better now....watched the Mcdonalds first episode yesterday on the 1989 boxset - Liz was so frumpy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80s hair and fashions weren't kind to anyone. Beverley Callard is a very beautiful woman. Now they've glammed Liz up I think she looks amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutton... lamb... :eek:
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    You know I don't really think she has changed that much aside from a few lines here and there.
  • tj123tj123 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Not now but I thought she looked pretty good and young for her age in 2007 when she was with Vernon/having the extremely naughty affair with Derek. She'd dyed a bit of her hair black and it was also the time she was seen semi-naked on the balcony.

Deirdre on that photo looks older than she did from the mid 90s to mid 00s. Looks much older now though!
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has had a lot of plastic surgery thats why and her facial expressions are odd especially when she laughs her eyes are not right
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bold as brass :D
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looked very young in the first photo. Still looks good for her age though, but she has had a lot of help !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She has bad skin as a result of overdoing the surgeries and can't move her face.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    She looks much younger on the first one.

And her neck is a giveaway on the second one - as Peter Kay's character once said to Shelley's mum when he met her and commented her on how young she looked. She obviously loved the compliment but - as you do - said no I don't, so he then made the comment about her being right cos you could tell by her neck! lol
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    Mutton... lamb... :eek:

Blanche would have agreed with you:D
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks great now
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her rhinoplasty was a wise move.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blanche would have agreed with you:D

Oh I do miss Blanche :(
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    She looked amazing during her 2011 stint
    She was wearing long, curling extensions because she had short hair at that time

How short was her hair? I think she looked her best when she was seeing Owen in 2010.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I think Bev Callard looks much better now. I'm also glad she's back in CS - am waiting for more scenes with Liz and Deirdre though - this one of the funniest female comedy partnerships.

Pic of Bev when she was in Emmerdale Farm.

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/young-beverley-callard2.jpg
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    A very sexy woman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    80s hair and fashions weren't kind to anyone. Beverley Callard is a very beautiful woman. Now they've glammed Liz up I think she looks amazing.

I sense you never watched Cheers before. Shelley Long (Diane Chambers) was an absolute stunner back in the 80s who always look glam on a regular basis ;-).
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    A very sexy woman

She is sexy but her looks are all down to botox and surgery as she freely admits.
This discussion has been closed.